Most violent cities 2017.

So it’s basically a competition between these countries:

Mexico
Brazil
The US
Venezuela
South Africa

Perhaps toughen up the war on drugs will work...

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-violent-cities-in-the-world-2018-3

Surprise, surprise.

Mexico its catching up to Brazil, good to know the war on drugs has been a great success.

I am always wondering why South America is so high on the list?
If you compare Brazil or Mexico etc. to Thailand. They are economically on the same level more or less.
They have the same problems with Drugs and drug smuggling, corruption etc.
I understand it depends a bit on where in the country you live but I have lived in Thailand for almost 10 years and never felt unsafe or the need to own a gun.

Is it just the different mentality or more authority Asian governments?

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-violent-cities-in-the-world-2018-3

Surprise, surprise.

Mexico its catching up to Brazil, good to know the war on drugs has been a great success.

Perhaps toughen up the war on drugs will work...
HEALTHboi.jpg

If you compare Brazil or Mexico etc. to Thailand. They are economically on the same level more or less.
I understand it depends a bit on where in the country you live but I have lived in Thailand for almost 10 years and never felt unsafe or the need to own a gun.

Ill say more authority and more social cohesion in Asian countries.

Freedom has a price.

I live in Cd Obregon and i walk at night without a worry, thankfully the war of drugs has not completely spilled over to the general population in my city.

Different mentality and the history plays a part, too.

I'm surprised St Louis doesn't get more media attention for it's failure as a major city. Or why it's happening.

As for Baltimore? Not surprised.... Move along, nothing to see here. No one cares

You do realize opium has numerous medical applications, right ?

NSAIDs are stronger pain medications than opioids
A Summary of Evidence

In an opioid epidemic that currently claims an average of 91 lives per day, there have been many paths to addiction. For some, it started with a fall or a sports injury, a trip to a nearby emergency room and a prescription for a narcotic pain reliever that seemed to work well in the ER.

New research underscores how tragically risky — and unnecessary — such prescribing choices have been.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-pain-opioids-ibuprofen-20171107-story.html

Last edited:
I'm surprised St Louis doesn't get more media attention for it's failure as a major city. Or why it's happening.

As for Baltimore? Not surprised.... Move along, nothing to see here. No one cares

I was a St Louis city policeman for 10 years. Its a complete disaster and is governed by complete lunatics.

NSAIDs are stronger pain medications than opioids
A Summary of Evidence

In an opioid epidemic that currently claims an average of 91 lives per day, there have been many paths to addiction. For some, it started with a fall or a sports injury, a trip to a nearby emergency room and a prescription for a narcotic pain reliever that seemed to work well in the ER.

New research underscores how tragically risky — and unnecessary — such prescribing choices have been.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-pain-opioids-ibuprofen-20171107-story.html

I realize this...and ?

Looking at the US cities on the list: St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, Detroit

Was really expecting to find Chicago.

Looking at the US cities on the list: St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, Detroit

Goes by ratios I'm guessing ... Violent Crimes per 100,000 residents probably

People are pretty misinformed on Chicago and don't have a real understanding of what the crime is like there.

You have to admit they use a weird definition. There are lots of places in subsaharan africa that do not get mentioned and places in somalia with daily killings and islamic violence.

Anyways i think war on drugs can work it just depends if the poor people have something else to do if there no jobs then it hard. Many countries and authoritarian states managed to successfully wage a 'war' on drugs and anything else they see as immoral or wrong.

I was a St Louis city policeman for 10 years. Its a complete disaster and is governed by complete lunatics.

People are pretty misinformed on Chicago and don't have a real understanding of what the crime is like there.

I work/hang out in STL and live like 6 miles from the Arch. I visit Chicago for a few days at a time every few months. I feel safer walking in downtown Chicago than I do in down town STL.

Drugs.

Southeast Asia embraced the opium trade, practically openly, historically at least. South America or the American continents in general have always tried to fight it so you have South American countries that essentially became Narco-states.

I work/hang out in STL and live like 6 miles from the Arch. I visit Chicago for a few days at a time every few months. I feel safer walking in downtown Chicago than I do in down town STL.

Yes - completely agree. People have this idea in their head that people are walking around downtown Chicago shooting each other and its a free for all war zone.

Pretty far from the truth lol

Back