Most overrated former ufc champion of all time

In my opinion Cain is somewhere in between the OP's assessment and GOAT.

He's a great fighter who was never able to achieve his full potential due to injuries.

Great because he beat a long list of top HW's: JDS (twice), Big Nog, Kongo, Lesnar, Bigfoot, Rothwell.

But no way is he GOAT, despite only 2 losses against JDS and Werdum, because he simply did not fight enough in his prime. Not his fault, it's just how it went down.

I agree. Werdum's win over Cain really took him down a notch in my mind. It wasn't like Werdum just happened to catch him in a submission. He was beating Cain up on their feet too. It was such a big upset for many people that they had to create "Sea-Level Cain" and claim the high altitude is what beat him in that fight.
Really showed how, when he was worried about going for a takedown and his opponent wasn’t, his clinch and striking looked pretty poor. It was the beating that tired cain out more than the altitude.

Same reason Forrest doesn't qualify. You guys seem to be looking at who you think is the weakest champion in a weight class not who was the most overrated.

Oh okay, that's easy then. Conor McGregor, hands down.

Great because he beat a long list of top HW's: JDS (twice), Big Nog, Kongo, Lesnar, Bigfoot, Rothwell.
Long list!? Nope
That precisely why people rag on his resume
JDS
Bigfoot
Old Nog

Kongo? A top HW? Come on dude, you don’t really believe that

EagerFirmAsp.gif
Wow Woodley getting KOed by a steroid abusing MW.

it depends on how you define the term. if you define the goat strictly based on the amount of wins versus losses, winning percentage, and the like, then cain doesn't have much of a case. but if you go on it based on one fight, any fighter versus any other fighter at their absolute primes, i'd probably take cain over any other heavyweight.

the fedor that fought crocop versus the cain that fought jds the second time is the absolute best possible heavyweight fight of all-time, in my opinion.

Tremendous talent, complete and total underachiever for where his biggest boosters claimed that talent level was.

I never bought the 'greatest ever' claims, but he probably could have been the undisputed UFC HW GOAT if he didn't train like a complete moron. He also lacked a great chin, which made sustaining success at HW much more difficult.

My vote goes to Rocksalt, btw. Still see people who think he's an all-time great MW.

Bisping is the most UNDERRATED champ simply because EVERYBODY thought/knew he was shit and he still ended up being champ and even defending his belt.

Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor, Chris Weidman, Mauricio Rua. I also never got the big deal with Shogun.

Last edited:
Some people actually thought conor was the best martial artist to ever exist. So he's an easy pick for me. Don't get me wrong conor is good. Casuals overrated him big time though.
They legit thought he had a chance against Floyd fucking Mayweather in a boxing match, if that's not overrated then I don't know what is.

rdlol.gif

Back