Most overrated former ufc champion of all time

Cain isnt overrated really, he just kinda fucked himself out of a real legacy bc of all the injuries. Jds was the best guy next to him and he beat the career out of him. I agree with Rogan for sure. To me Rousey defines overrated, once she faced elite strikers the holes in her game became too much to compensate with judo

Had nothing for Werdum standing or on the ground even in the first 5 minutes when he was fresh.
Not one for excuses, but believe Cain wasn't 100% Would like to see how he would do in the rematch if it was in Murica, not sure Werdum would stand a chance. IMO

Last edited:
Not taking a win from Werdum but Cain clearly wasn't even close to his form from past fights so there is that. He has beaten JDS when he was unstoppable so that 2 wins alone are HUGE. He also wrecked prime trt bigfoot, rothwell, kongo, lesnar and fading Browne. With Cain it's not who he has beaten, its how badly he has beaten them.

So, Cains best win is JDS, which is what I said. And he's 2-1 against him.

Unlike Fedor, who didn't lose in his prime, Cain actually lost in his prime. Twice. Vs JDS and Werdum. And unlike i.e. Fedor, Cain hasn't really got a prime.

Madman, Cain has looked the most impressive with his skill set than any other heavyweight champion in history.

Couldn't agree more. TS has a point about his career being short and all that but to me Cain has always seemed like the greatest heavyweight in Mma. When he was fighting at his best the guy seemed unstoppable.

Incredible skillset, cerebral and great at sticking to his game plan, tough as shit, amazing cardio (except for that one time). The guy fought undersized against beasts like prime dos Santos and blasted through him twice, that alone shows how amazing he is/was.

So, Cains best win is JDS, which is what I said. And he's 2-1 against him.

Unlike Fedor, who didn't lose in his prime, Cain actually lost in his prime. Twice. Vs JDS and Werdum. And unlike i.e. Fedor, Cain hasn't really got a prime.

Thread is not about Fedor Vs Cain legacy. No doubt that Fedor has better legacy by mile. Even if we play your game, lets say that someone beat prime fedor when he was on 10 years win streak, 2 times convincingly. Wouldn't that guy be talked about ? He would. In this case, JDS was that guy. He has one of the GOAT title runs period

Cain looked to be headed for HW GOAT but as pointed out, he just wasn’t active enough. Who knows what could’ve been.

Madman, Cain has looked the most impressive with his skill set than any other heavyweight champion in history.
Nope Fedor easily.

People actually think Cain looks more impressive than Fedor did? That's foolish.

Fedor isn't even my favourite HW, let alone fighter. He's the most impressive HW of all time.

I agree with Cain. He is a good fighter, but not really tested at all. He will need to fight some more guys if we Are going to call him a top all time HW.

Nope Fedor easily.

People actually think Cain looks more impressive than Fedor did? That's foolish.

Fedor isn't even my favourite HW, let alone fighter. He's the most impressive HW of all time.
*UFC champion

Although I think Cain would have put a pace on Fedor that he wouldn't be able to deal with, but that's my opinion

mj-314x314-c-top.gif

I think is cain velazquez, this guy only has 16 fights in his career, fought each 2 years and became champion by beating a wwe wrestler brock lesnar. Then fought the same 2 guys(bigfoot jds) several times and lost to an old ass werdum. And joe rogan keeps saying cain is one of the greats of all time and have to be in mount rushmore of mma,shows how delusional this guy is.
IMO is Conor.
Dubbed as the first "Champ-Champ" (easy to be first when your boss didn't allow anyone to do it before you) who got both belts undeservedly and forfeited both.
Besides, lost to a journeyman with no camp.

Not one for excuses, but believe Cain wasn't 100% Would like to see how he would do in the rematch if it was in Murica, not sure Werdum would stand a chance. IMO
"but believe Cain wasn't 100%"

Some people said the same thing after JDS 1... Strange pattern...

Cain haters are clearly fans of careers he destroyed. Ruined Brock. The rest of them are from Brazil. Funny that :)

IMO is Conor.
Dubbed as the first "Champ-Champ" (easy to be first when your boss didn't allow anyone to do it before you) who got both belts undeservedly and forfeited both.
Besides, lost to a journeyman with no camp.
100%. TS doesn't understand what overrated means.

Conor Rhonda Cain and Whittaker.

Why are people saying Conor or even Bisping when no one rates those guys?

Back