Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Controller has a nice rattle now. Beat on Uragon for 30 minutes on an expedition only to have him leave the area. Fuck this game. He’s the worse monster thus far. Just spams his tail spin and bomb bullshit. They must have run out of ideas late gameZ

Teostra is a nightmare

Beat the Rathian pretty easily with the light gun. Light gun seems to be the best weapon thus far because of versatility of ammo. Gonna try and beat a couple of more Rathians so I can upgrade my armor/weapons.

Just got to the great ravine. I should get online capability so I can play with more people and try out the online gameplay. Has anybody here tried out the online gameplay?

Teostra is a nightmare

He certainly bent me over a lava rock the first time I went at him. Oddly, managed to beat him the second time around. I had never really built a weapon around a certain monster, but just happened to upgrade my charge blade to the last one in the Diablos tree. Since it was an ice element, it just wrecked that poor fucker once I got the nerves to just take it slow. So I've got two out of three of the elder dragons down (also beat the wind one, Kush-something). Still have the last one to go after.

What weapon are you rocking? I'm looking for suggestions for various loadouts and such.

Just got to the great ravine. I should get online capability so I can play with more people and try out the online gameplay. Has anybody here tried out the online gameplay?
Yeah it’s a lot of fun and a great way to farm monsters for gear

He certainly bent me over a lava rock the first time I went at him. Oddly, managed to beat him the second time around. I had never really built a weapon around a certain monster, but just happened to upgrade my charge blade to the last one in the Diablos tree. Since it was an ice element, it just wrecked that poor fucker once I got the nerves to just take it slow. So I've got two out of three of the elder dragons down (also beat the wind one, Kush-something). Still have the last one to go after.

What weapon are you rocking? I'm looking for suggestions for various loadouts and such.

Yeah only made 2 attempts and been mauled both times. I've only beat Kushala Daora, still have the Rotten Vale boss to beat.

I've used the hammer most of the game Diablos Shatterer II, it hits like a truck but was starting to annoy me how slow it can be, went for a change and i'm using the bow now. Just wanted to try a weapon that was completely different. I never thought a ranged weapon would be fun to use but it's great. I love side stepping monsters attacks with the bows dodge mechanic whilst aiming and hitting weakspots, running up walls and shooting arrows is great too.

I'll post my bow loadout soon.

Last edited:
Yeah only made 2 attempts and been mauled both times. I've only beat Kushala Daora, still have the Rotten Vale boss to beat.

I've used the hammer most of the game Diablos Shatterer II, it hits like a truck but was starting to annoy me how slow it can be, went for a change and i'm using the bow now. Just wanted to try a weapon that was completely different. I never thought a ranged weapon would be fun to use but it's great. I love side stepping monsters attacks with the bows dodge mechanic whilst aiming and hitting weakspots, running up walls and shooting arrows is great too.

I'll post my bow loadout soon.

Appreciate the advice. I'm gonna try out the bow soon. Just managed to take out the Rotten Vale elder dragon and the last boss. Teostra was easily the hardest monster in the game for me.

Appreciate the advice. I'm gonna try out the bow soon. Just managed to take out the Rotten Vale elder dragon and the last boss. Teostra was easily the hardest monster in the game for me.

I'm farming mats for a rarity 8 ice bow especially for Teostra.

Current loadout

Flying Kadachi Strikebow
Dragonking Eyepatch
Nergigante Mail a
Nergigante Vambraces a
Odagaron Coil b
Rathalos Greaves a
Masters Charm II

Skills

Critical Eye 4
Weakness Exploit 3
Agitator 3
Attack boost 2
Thunder Attack 2
Stamina Surge 2
Speed eating 1
Jump master 1

The bottom 2 are throw away skills that i'll be changing soon.

I'm getting left in the dust. I'm like 35'ish hours in and only just set foot in the Everstream for a quick look before I turned off last night, and of course the leader dude was there and droned on and on about the investigation and wanted to go for a leisurely stroll . I've had it open for a bit, but took some time to farm Pink Rath, Anj, and a few other crucial materials for some much needed upgrades. Still have some armor slots open, but haven't decided what skills I want to fill with yet so I'm probably going to take the next few session and finish up side quests and unlock some more stuff around the camp.

The Odogaron set looks good with Critical Eye and the bonus Paralyze skill for 2+ pieces. I would rather shoot for Weakness Exploit but I don't have a set with those skills unlocked and I'm not sure I want spend the time grinding for the armor if I'm just going to upgrade it around the corner. Need to do a little research.

Found a handy sight that lists all(I think) of the High Rank armor sets and all of the skills/bonuses. Bounced around a few sites, but they all seemed to be missing quite a bit of data. This is the most complete list that I've stumbled on if anyone wants to check it out:

http://teambrg.com/monster-hunter-world/mhw-armor-skill-info-slots-traits-table-chart/

I was hoping for Weakness Exploit on Hands/Waist/Legs, but that doesn't look like a great option for clearing High Rank as those skills are on the Teostra set on the pieces I want to fill. So now thinking on Odogaron for Crit Eye IV, an extra point into Quick Sheath and Speed Sharpening I. Or Bazel for Crit Draw III and Ear Plugs III. Or switch up even more and do the Bazel Hands/Waist and Zorah Legs to get Ear Plugs IV and Crit Draw II.

Last edited:
What kind of bow are you guys using? Lightbow? I tried that out and it's cool that you can aim shoot and roll around. I'm still confused on the piercings and the ammo though. Do you have unlimited arrows or do you create arrows.

Nergigante does not care about my build
I broke off a horn before he KO'd me. Small victory, I guess.

Only attempted him once but I think it's clear I need an upgrade from my HR Bone set. His diving attack one shots me.

What kind of bow are you guys using? Lightbow? I tried that out and it's cool that you can aim shoot and roll around. I'm still confused on the piercings and the ammo though. Do you have unlimited arrows or do you create arrows.

Yeah just the normal bow

You can create special arrows on the crafting list for example

Nitroshroom + Empty Vial = power shot ammo

You can buy vials for like 3z i'm sure

I broke off a horn before he KO'd me. Small victory, I guess.

Only attempted him once but I think it's clear I need an upgrade from my HR Bone set. His diving attack one shots me.

I hate that attack the hitbox is huge.

I hate that attack the hitbox is huge.

I haven't fought him yet, but have done some reading about strategy for a few monsters I haven't fought yet. It seems to be a pretty general consensus that the only way to dodge that attack is to do the superman dive. It's a pretty long animation and you're invulnerable for a majority of the duration.

I haven't fought him yet, but have done some reading about strategy for a few monsters I haven't fought yet. It seems to be a pretty general consensus that the only way to dodge that attack is to do the superman dive. It's a pretty long animation and you're invulnerable for a majority of the duration.
I was able to dodge it if I kept track of where he was and sprinted to the left or right.

Farmed some monster hardbone, capturing is so much better than slaying

The black Diablos fight is a nightmare. Regular Diablos is right there and like clockwork Bazelgeuse shows up and bodies everyone. Also no party I’ve been a part of has been able to beat him. His little bombs are one shots a lot of the time and he’s a tanky bastard.

Back