Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Can anyone tell me how to organize some preloaded armor sets?

I stumbled upon this once, where there was an option to load/set up to five various armor sets so that you could switch quickly between them at the item box. For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to access that again. Is it with the housekeeper? The smithy? Just your item box?

When you go to your item box there is an option to manage your armor sets. I set a few up early on, but I haven't changed up my armor in a bit. Feeling the need to upgrade my armor now that I'm starting to delve into High Rank more. I'm getting serious about a harvesting set as well so I need to get rolling on this too.

You can also upgrade them using Bazlegeuse (sp?) talons to go from a 5% upgrade, to a 10% upgrade. You can then buy another set of the same charms for a 15% upgrade (you can upgrade that second set as well, but can't equip two upgraded ones at the same time). Just found this out. So Bazel just got the number 1 spot on my shit list.

Good to know! He showed up in a few of my hunts and chaos ensued, but I don't have a hunt for him yet so I haven't seen his armor bonus.

I finally beat that Puki Puki freaking thing. I am getting so destroyed in this game. Now something called the Barroth is owning me. It is taking no damage from me! any help?

When you go to your item box there is an option to manage your armor sets. I set a few up early on, but I haven't changed up my armor in a bit. Feeling the need to upgrade my armor now that I'm starting to delve into High Rank more. I'm getting serious about a harvesting set as well so I need to get rolling on this too.

Thanks man. Yeah I never really took the time to really craft a build specific armor set until now. Ran with the Ogodaron set pretty much since the end of Low Rank. And that served me well, but now that I'm looking at a lot of the bonuses on the others, and I really should be tailoring it to a specific weapon or play style.

Good to know! He showed up in a few of my hunts and chaos ensued, but I don't have a hunt for him yet so I haven't seen his armor bonus.

Yeah I never really bothered with him either. I remember the first time he showed up and just B-52'd the shit out of me while I was dealing with another monster. Almost 1-shot me, so I just said "nope" and ran like hell. Pretty sure I can take him now, just never knew there was a reason to.

Just beat one of the end game bosses solo, it was an intense half an hour. Great fight.

I finally beat that Puki Puki freaking thing. I am getting so destroyed in this game. Now something called the Barroth is owning me. It is taking no damage from me! any help?

He has thick armor that will repel your weapon if it doesn't have high enough sharpness or weighty enough. Being early in the game, you won't find a weapon with Sharpness high enough to pierce through it. Great Sword and Hammer will smash through it in a few blows. Where you can start landing attacks in high armor weapons.

If you don't want to deal with breaking his armor with heavier weapons, you'll have to focus on attacking his sides to deal consistent damage. I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can change equipment at your camp. If that's the case you can equip a heavy weapon at the start of the hunt to smash his armor, then head back to camp to equip the weapon of choice. Again, not sure if that's possible, but worth a look if you don't like those weapons.

watermoss also helps alot with the barroth it breaks his armour

Pink Rathian sucks ass. That is all.

Personally I think pink rathian is the first real challenge. Things start really escalating at this boss and I know all pink rathian moves so I can only imagine it as a new to the series person.

In other news o beat what seems to be the final boss until g rank a couple days ago and am completely hr unlocked. I probably made it harder than it needed to be by not using a more diverse set of items but I figured since it was the last challenge fight I would do it challenge style. Haven't had a fight this tough since mh4u magma tigrex as a hammer user... painful.

Does anyone know if the evade extender skill works on the dash when you're aiming the bow? I've tried googling it.

Personally I think pink rathian is the first real challenge. Things start really escalating at this boss and I know all pink rathian moves so I can only imagine it as a new to the series person.

In other news o beat what seems to be the final boss until g rank a couple days ago and am completely hr unlocked. I probably made it harder than it needed to be by not using a more diverse set of items but I figured since it was the last challenge fight I would do it challenge style. Haven't had a fight this tough since mh4u magma tigrex as a hammer user... painful.

Interesting, especially since I just hit his quest (haven't attempted yet.) Made high rank and beat the souped up Pukei, which was quite easy. When the hell do I get a level upgrade? I thought when you hit high rank your HR goes through the roof?

Ok I beat the shit out of the pink Rathian on my second attempt. Went back and bought the defense and attack charms from the dude and stocked up on healing items. I’m still not using the super amped elemental discharge, too much timing involved

Yeah, Pink Rath is a real sum b!tch. She doesn't do anything crazy, but her high armor is a pain and the time you're exposed from a weapon bounce can get you carted, and she's in rage mode like 60% of the fight. She does her tail whip just like the standard Rathian and that's a good time to punish. Perfect time to get some good tail damage in to sever and eliminate her poison or hit her with a Flashpod and send her crashing down where you can really pour on some damage to her head.

Yeah, Pink Rath is a real sum b!tch. She doesn't do anything crazy, but her high armor is a pain and the time you're exposed from a weapon bounce can get you carted, and she's in rage mode like 60% of the fight. She does her tail whip just like the standard Rathian and that's a good time to punish. Perfect time to get some good tail damage in to sever and eliminate her poison or hit her with a Flashpod and send her crashing down where you can really pour on some damage to her head.
I used 9 flash pods plus 3 environmental flash bugs, 2 shock traps and a pit fall. Every time she was immobilized I unloaded my phials on her head.

I used 9 flash pods plus 3 environmental flash bugs, 2 shock traps and a pit fall. Every time she was immobilized I unloaded my phials on her head.

I just finished up farming her last night, really hoping to be done with her for now. If I need to come back for random parts, I'm banking on a few weapon upgrades and higher Sharpness to cut through her armor. Fingers crossed!

I need to farm lame crap like bug parts for a few upgrades. So not as exhilarating, but no stress at least.

I got bodied by the bullfrog thing in the Everstream, I didn’t bring my cool drink with me

Pink Rathian KO'd me when I had her back in her nest. She had stunned/poisoned me, then got me in a bad corner with my hp already down. Felt pretty confident on my final attempt, got her limping, everything was going well until we got into that confined space. Hit me with a charge and then a tail swipe when I was running for a healing item.

Called it a night after that lol.

Pink Rathian KO'd me when I had her back in her nest. She had stunned/poisoned me, then got me in a bad corner with my hp already down. Felt pretty confident on my final attempt, got her limping, everything was going well until we got into that confined space. Hit me with a charge and then a tail swipe when I was running for a healing item.

Called it a night after that lol.
That was me last night , picked it up this morning and got double carted but killed her on my last life.

Pink Rathian sucks ass. That is all.
Interesting, especially since I just hit his quest (haven't attempted yet.) Made high rank and beat the souped up Pukei, which was quite easy. When the hell do I get a level upgrade? I thought when you hit high rank your HR goes through the roof?

Your hr eventually goes through the roof but there are multiple hr caps even then where you have to beat a challenge event to advance against suped up mobs. I am HR 53 or 54 I believe and here have been numerous unlocks through 50.

I sent out a few sos flares for help . Should I just not do the quests until I’m stronger ? Would rather try and fight them myself I’m just so weak and get destroyed by myself usually.

Is the way to rank up or find things for armor through the expeditions and bounty collecting ? I’m only hr 4... have done nothing to my armor should I start forging it with stuff ?

Back