Monster Hunter World

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Dinkin_Flicka, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Dinkin_Flicka

Dinkin_Flicka So easy it's hard

I need to get into the habit of bringing capture materials along. Certain drops have higher frequency on loot tables weather you kill/capture, but just for straight up efficiency when grinding bulk materials capturing can really speed things up. It's surprising how much life these monsters have sometimes when you track them down after they run off limping and take a snooze somewhere.

2. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

Odagoran has an annoying amount of health in particular. He can run off and snooze 3 times before dying. Where as a rathian has died on me without ever snoozing.

Dinkin_Flicka likes this.
  3. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

Nergigante still whooping my ass. I need better armor or something.

4. Dinkin_Flicka

He is the specific hunt that I'm thinking about. He's my current farming target to get a few pieces of armor, and one of the drops I need is the Gem which has a low drop rate but I think you have better odds with a capture.

5. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

I've killed it 6-7 times and the gem hasn't dropped. I need it for a charm.

Vaal-Hazak and Teostra down, some good progress made today.

6. Dinkin_Flicka

I can work around the Gem since it's needed for the Waist armor. I need 2 pieces to activate the bonus skill, and have 3 pieces open for upgrade. I would prefer to get the waist since it has the best skill upgrades of the 3 pieces but I'm will to move on if I can't get the drop.

I MH3U, I needed a Rath Gem and must have killed him 20 times before I gave up. It was frustrating having people get them off of Tail carves or as drops from breaking his Head. The desire sensor was in full effect.

7. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

You probably know this but doing investigations for hunting/capturing monsters yields more mats than just doing the standard assignments/optional quests because of the added rewards. Gold rewards quite often mean gaining the rarest drops from monsters such as gems and plates. Doesn't work all the time but gives you a better chance of gaining what you need.

Dinkin_Flicka likes this.
  8. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

Has anyone beaten Bazelgeuse? Every party I join gets bodied

9. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

Just once, i beat the final boss and the next assignment is to fight 2 tempered Bazelgeuse, not looking forward to that.

10. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

SOS’d and 3 HR30+ dudes came in and fucked on Nergigante. All I did was place health boosters on the outside perimeter and hacked his tail. Of course he has the best armor and weapons in the game, gonna have to farm him.

11. hearthstone25

hearthstone25 Green Belt

My friend and I need help. We don’t know how to hunt together. We just started playing the game. We killed the Great Jackass. Now how do we go after the next quest together? Need details cause apparently we don’t know how the frak to do it.

12. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

You have to join each other’s session and then post a quest, and the other has to join the quest

13. lordsai

lordsai Purple Belt

fuck the azure rathalos arena quest trying to do it solo no luck to craft a certain weapon i need 4 rathalos coins. i keep getting rekt

14. Dizzy

Dizzy \[T]/ Platinum Member

Should have some time to plug in this weekend. Gonna focus mostly on clearing out side quests and building a better set of gear.

Fraz likes this.
  15. hearthstone25

hearthstone25 Green Belt

Do you have to be at a certain point in the game? One of us would send a Xbox invite but the other would get an error every time when accepting it

16. Dinkin_Flicka

I know the Xbox specifically was having problems connecting with friends. I know looking on gamefaqs there was a running thread with a specific error code for connecting with friends. I've only done SoS's, so haven't experienced any MP errors.

17. hearthstone25

hearthstone25 Green Belt

The whole creating a session confuses me. After creating a session, it goes to the loading screen, then after it loads it goes back to you in the town. At that point are you suppose to invite your friend? I just wish there was a step by step guide to this

18. Dinkin_Flicka

I saw that Capcom posted a "how to" video, might be worth a look. Also, between the Workshop and the Canteen, there is an online quest area. Not sure if you need to post a quest from there or not. Like I said, I've only run SOS for MP stuff so not sure if that will work.

19. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

You have to be at the same point in the game or ahead of your friend to help them with the game. Something about you have to have scene the cutscenes in your own game to play the same missions in others games

20. Fraz

Fraz The Larry

Beat the last boss yesterday and my hr jumped from 15-29?