MM fought more skilled fighters than Silva

That’s a lie to artificially place MM higher in all time rankings.

GSP fans have been doing that for a decade now and it’s nonsense.

Well actaully I'd say Cruz gave MM the best fight of his career. MM had a bad weight cut and thats why he gassed. MM dominated him in the next fight. Ian on his best night could only draw with MM at his worst. Never mind the fact MM has improved since then.

Dan has better wrestling and striking. Multiple time major org world champ, wins over many elite fighters. Ian loses to elite fighters.
So MM gassed 1 minute into the fight? "MM dominated him in the next fight." They only fought once.

Nate the Great was more skilled than anyone MM faced, ask Twood.

Anderson beat the previous champ with ease. He beat Hendo and Forrest, the former champ from a higher class, comparable to MM fighting TJ.

Prime Silva and Today's DJ are 5-10 years apart from each other so of course, the fighters DJ fights should be more evolved than the ones Silva fought.

Regardless, Silva went up in weight to beat top 5 Griffin.

DJ's too much of a pussy to fight someone in his own weight class.
When Griffin was ranked 5th Rich Franklin was ranked 6th iirc. Perspective.

I have always believed Silva’s record was good but not special. I also believe that Weidman beats any version of Silva. Hell Sonnen handed it to Silva and if Chael had any kind of power he would have killed him.

MM is awesome he has all the tools. If you put all that into a HW there would be no doubt how great he is. That’s why I think he is P4P best.

MM had a competitive fight with 135 goat and has become much better since.

Silva refused to fight Jones.

Eta: Silva is not a lhw so he didn't need to. But his lhw fights we're tailor made wins. He refused tough lhw fights when he was 185 champ.

Hendo-1-2.jpg

DJ is a vastly superior fighter than Silva ever was, and took on better much more well rounded competition...

it's impossible to form a credible argument otherwise.

DJ is a vastly superior fighter than Silva ever was, and took on better much more well rounded competition...

When the only counter arguments are "he's small" and "He didn't immediately do what Dana said for nothing" then you know you're correct.

MM had a competitive fight with 135 goat and has become much better since.

Silva refused to fight Jones.

Eta: Silva is not a lhw so he didn't need to. But his lhw fights we're tailor made wins. He refused tough lhw fights when he was 185 champ.

Also DJ fighting at 135 was a way bigger size discrepancy then when Anderson fought at 205.

Eh, I agree that MM is a more skilled fighter. I even would say MW was pretty lackluster during Anderson's reign.

But several of MM's defenses have been over guys who are just not very good. Cariaso, Reis, Elliot, and Borg are nothing special at all. For the life me I cant find out why Reis is ranked 6th. Who did he ever beat worth a damn at FLW?

Borg got slapped around two fights before his shot by Justin Scoggins, a guy fighting another MM title challenger in a loser goes home fight.

Anderson Silva has fought and beaten some of the greatest fighters in the history of MMA. In highlight reel fashion.

MM never has, and has the worst resume to ever be called GOAT(by some deluded ones) in the history of all combat sports.

Eh, I agree that MM is a more skilled fighter. I even would say MW was pretty lackluster during Anderson's reign.

But several of MM's defenses have been over guys who are just not very good. Cariaso, Reis, Elliot, and Borg are nothing special at all. For the life me I cant find out why Reis is ranked 6th. Who did he ever beat worth a damn at FLW?

Borg got slapped around two fights before his shot by Justin Scoggins, a guy fighting another MM title challenger in a loser goes home fight.

BS. Cormier and Forrest had a bigger size advantage than anyone MM faced. I know you think Anderson is huge but lower body actually matters when it comes to suitable weight classes.

Why do you guys even respond to these threads? Troll is obvious troll.

BS. Cormier and Forrest had a bigger size advantage than anyone MM faced. I know you think Anderson is huge but lower body actually matters when it comes to suitable weight classes.

Did you mean to quote me? I'm a little confused about you are trying to argue.

Back