MLB 2017 Discussion V3: Rafael Devers edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro netting. Just make it as transparent as possible and extend it to the dugouts.

Pro netting. Just make it as transparent as possible and extend it to the dugouts.
How is it at the Royals game?

Teams are going to do it now. Think this is the fourth time at Yankee stadium this year where someone was injured in the crowd.

How is it at the Royals game?

Teams are going to do it now. Think this is the fourth time at Yankee stadium this year where someone was injured in the crowd.

It tapers to the dugout. I would be fine with it a little bit higher tbh. I like sitting behind home plate (when I get good tickets) and I just dont think its that big of a distraction. I get how it can be for some people...it just has never bothered me that much.

If teams want to avoid fan injuries they should just do what the cangels do.

Strike out or hit lazy ground balls to the infield.

Boom problem solved.

What's the main argument against netting? Obstructs the view?

Yeah, and unlike hockey, I can see it being a bigger problem with obstructing view, because in those seats, you would be viewing most of the game on an angle, and with netting, it could be a pretty big obstruction.

It would obstruct some play as well. It's considerably rare, but with netting, it would eliminate foul fly outs to the inside of the barrier.

Still though, better than the off chance someone gets killed.

Man, The Toddfather aka Toddy the Boddy aka Todd Frazier just got hidden ball trick'd.

Fitting tribute to the guy who was the face of the franchise for close to a decade. Man that Bautista/EE tandem was fun to watch.

Lotta people hated him, but he was always fun to watch. Injected some personality in an otherwise vanilla sport

MVP

Altuve
Trout..missed too much time.
Judge

Goldy
Blackmon
Bellinger....missed month

ROY

Judge

Bellinger

Cy young

Kluber
Sale

Scherzer
Kershaw...missed too much time.

Fitting tribute to the guy who was the face of the franchise for close to a decade. Man that Bautista/EE tandem was fun to watch.

Lotta people hated him, but he was always fun to watch. Injected some personality in an otherwise vanilla sport

Should go play in Japan, get that 5/150 he was searching for. If they've got yen for Jonny Gomez then they got yen for Bitchtista.

If teams want to avoid fan injuries they should just do what the cangels do.

Strike out or hit lazy ground balls to the infield.

Boom problem solved.
No fans getting hit in Seattle come October, bro.

Did he announce his retirement?

Did he announce his retirement?

Nah it's just pretty obvious he won't be back with the Jays. Has a $16 million mututal option that won't be picked up, and he's not really versatile enough for a bench role.

Think I predicted a .850+ ops in spring training lmao, and he's been arguably their worst starter

Man he was a lot of fun to watch in his prime tho, his swing was so violent.

Nah it's just pretty obvious he won't be back with the Jays. Has a $16 million mututal option that won't be picked up, and he's not really versatile enough for a bench role.

Think I predicted a .850+ ops in spring training lmao, and he's been arguably their worst starter

Man he was a lot of fun to watch in his prime tho, his swing was so violent.
Hes a can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back