MLB 2017 Discussion V3: Rafael Devers edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw was money last year, but man he's been shaky lately. Need him to get back to form.

@RR Verlander seems like a cool dude, they got him on PTI right now, even though he's been in the league forever I've never really watched any of his interview or anything.

Juiced balls
People don't understand how much easier it is to hit a little bit smaller or harder ball, it's the same in slow pitch softball, makes a huge difference which is why you're seeing 5-6 guys in a lineup hit 20 homers this year.

Still pretty amazing to me, thinking about earlier in the season, that Sale isn't going to win the Cy Young
Going to be the 5th year in a row that he finishes top 5 in voting, and the year before he finished 6th.

Sucks for him, I hope he gets one eventually.

I wanna see how many k's and flyballs there are this year in comparison to other seasons. I feel like guys are selling out for power more because it became such a premium in the post steroid era.

Going to be the 5th year in a row that he finishes top 5 in voting, and the year before he finished 6th.

Sucks for him, I hope he gets one eventually.

Yeah same

Also this is going to be the second time Kluber overtakes someone to win it

Still think King Felix should've won that...

Yeah same

Also this is going to be the second time Kluber overtakes someone to win it

Still think King Felix should've won that...

Reminds me of Schilling, never won a Cy young but finished 2nd three separate times and then 4th once.

Pedro got it in '97
Johnson in '01
Johnson in '02
Santana in '04

That's a damn good list of guys.

The first year Kluber won, I feel Sale and Felix both had better seasons than him.

Dodgers bullpen is a shit show. They're not winning shit.

Been saying the Dodgers wouldn't win shit for months cuz they inflated their record playing can teams. Now dodger fans are turning on Dave Roberts lmao

Francisco Lindor is a pimp, rocking all white Gucci mink, and without him, this whole ship sink.

Been saying the Dodgers wouldn't win shit for months cuz they inflated their record playing can teams. Now dodger fans are turning on Dave Roberts lmao
Lmao @ the cangel fan saying they weren't going to win. What a surprise. Playing can teams? They beat everyone they faced including teams that were above .500.

Lmao @ the cangel fan saying they weren't going to win. What a surprise. Playing can teams? They beat everyone they faced including teams that were above .500.

Dodgers are -500 against the ONLY +500 teams they've faced in the NL rofl.

But hey the beat up the Padres, Giants, Mets, Braves, Pirates and Phillies!!(up until this week LOL)

If you include their recent struggles, canrona. But you were saying they were inflating their record during their run against shit teams. At least get your points straight.

Last edited:
So before they lost 6 in a row to Arizona and 4 in a row to Colorado they had a winning record against winning teams. But you were saying they were inflating their record earlier in the year against shit teams. Great point canrona. Lmao

Last edited:
Yes, they were barely above 500 against respectable teams but crushed a bunch of cans. So now that theyre playing more teams over .500 and less cans they're naturally losing more, they'll finish the season with a losing record against playoff teams. Beating up on the 7 or 8 awful teams in the NL is great, but not so great when your modern Sandy Koufax cant beat ROBBIE RAY 1v1.

I always laugh when the radio guys are like "but in the playoffs they have Kershaw!" Yeah, but other teams have Scherzer, Lester, Kluber, Sale, etc. There's no guarantee that they're gonna flip a switch in the 'yoffs. Not a fan of their bullpen outside of Kanley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back