Mir: Conor does more publicity (than others) but gets more money for doing so

Sure you are lol

I am also a Cowboy fan that thinks Jerry Jones can be an ass.
I am a UFC fan that thinks Dana can be a prick.

When you grow up you will see that life is like that (as an adult)

;)

I'm tapping out.
I promised myself no more Conor/Zuffa/200 stuff
I just thought the Mir thing was interesting to share & then I admittedly got sucked in

Have a great day everyone

That's not exactly true. He gets more money for drawing more eyes. More eyes might be the result of the the promotion, but he isn't getting paid for the promotion.

He gets no reimbursement for promoting. He gets it for views.

Thus, if he wants to cut back on promotion, and less people watch it would result in a pay cut (if he gets PPV buys, pay based on gate etc.) But if he still draws the same buys and he can do less promotion, he gets paid the same.
I don't think you get where Mir is coming from. Conor is whoring for attention during promos to put eyes on the event....more buys on ppv. more ppv buys...mo money for conor.

;)

This is what I meant by asking you about your blood pressure the other day.

If your boss said to you 'Hey, we need you to work out of state. We won't pay you, but we'll cover all of your travel and food expenses.' That's not you getting paid.

And I don't know that he doesn't get paid. But you don't know that he does, neither does Mir. In fact, none of us do. We don't have his contract. But what I am saying, is that his paycheck on the night is based on him fighting and depending on his contract, PPV buys. None of that is actual promotion; but it can go up if he promoted successfully.
So you think the main event fighter for the biggest ufc event they ever did, whos stardom came from promotional stunts shouldnt have to promote this fight?? You seem like a great business man

;)
Look at you thinking you're all clever.

"I'm a fan but I hope Diaz knocks him back to reality"

Well then you are the worlds shittiest fan lol

So you think the main event fighter for the biggest ufc event they ever did, whos stardom came from promotional stunts shouldnt have to promote this fight?? You seem like a great business man

No. I never said that. Neither did Conor.

He asked to just do New York. Then to do the rest five weeks out, once he arrives in Vegas.

And yeah I'd be an awful business man; i spend half my day on this forum.

Your patience with some of these humans is admirable.

Oh ... thanks
I couldn't understand

This is fun for me while I do computer work.
I have a dual monitor set-up so sometimes leave one on Sherdog & the alerts start getting my attention.

I don't get mad at anything here

That's not exactly true. He gets more money for drawing more eyes. More eyes might be the result of the the promotion, but he isn't getting paid for the promotion.

Thus, if he wants to cut back on promotion, and less people watch it would result in a pay cut (if he gets PPV buys, pay based on gate etc.) But if he still draws the same buys and he can do less promotion, he gets paid the same.

If promotion is in his contract then it is part of his pay.

I'm tapping out.
I promised myself no more Conor/Zuffa/200 stuff
I just thought the Mir thing was interesting to share & then I admittedly got sucked in

Have a great day everyone
Say something stupid and then tapout? Shit, maybe you are a Conor fan. ;)

He gets more money because he's a bigger draw. He became that by doing more media than everyone. Now he's a superstar, he can miss out on a few things without it harming any event whatsoever. Frank Mir was never that sort of star, so he wouldn't understand this.

Well Mir is right but we all know that anyway. Conors media and hype is what makes him money, nothing else. he is a average fighter, many guys can beat him

Murr is right. It's nothing but hilarious excuses.

"I'm paid to fight, I'm not yet paid to promote" bro then how come you get paid way more than Nate when he choked your ass?

"I asked for a slight adjustment/leeway, but I was denied". bro wtf do you think the UFC was doing allowing you to avenge a loss at 170 lbs while holding the FW belt, on the same card the No.1 and No.2 FWs are fighting for a BS interim belt?

"It is time for the other monkeys to dance". bro you can kiss that mass fighter support goodbye. Now you fight Lorenzo by yourself.

Also lol at Murr still on that post-USADA depression podcast binge.
the popcorn addict is right
and Murr the kangaru eater is right too,

Mir on Chael's podcast said that Conor should check his bank account when complaining about media obligations.
Mir said he understands Conor not liking to do media & that he did as well, but he looked at his own bank account & realized that he was getting paid more than other fighters & it was part of his job (esp. when main eventing).
He said every punch he threw, he made more $$$ for that due to promotion.

http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen
MAYBE PRE-DIAZ ASS-BEATING, What's his excuse now?

I think it's hilarious some people still believe this was all over the issue of ''promoting''. That's laughable, and Conor and his camp are still trying to pretend like they didn't get called on their BS and it was a separate issue that prompted his retirement. This was over money, plain and simple. When the UFC didn't bend, and Conor retired, then it became an issue of promotion and it was taken to as much social media as possible as damage control began.

Conor had zero problems beaking off over everything and anything, promotion and being a media whore when he was winning. He went looking for it, and was more than happy to oblige anyone who stuck a camera or mic in his face.

I've enjoyed the relative normalcy now that Diaz and Zuffa put his ego in check. I really believe that Conor never imagined he'd ever lose again, and has no idea how to answer for the things he's said and done.

I could be wrong, but I assume the UFC foots the bill for transportation, accommodations and meals while touring to promote an event, so the fighters aren't losing money. It's ridiculous to think that the fighters shoudn't have to promote an event they're signed to.

I get it, maybe sit ups and cardio training only works for Conor while he's in Ireland. Silly us for thinking that could be done anywhere. Clearly, defending a choke doesn't seem to be sinking in while at SBG, so maybe training elsewhere while touring might actually help him.

No one should be allowed to post on this topic again until they pass a quiz based on this comment.

Only correction needed is replacing reimbursement with remuneration.

Back