Mir: Conor does more publicity (than others) but gets more money for doing so

I will try one last time bc you are a good guy

IF IT IS IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION & IN THE CONTRACT THEN IT IS PART OF THE JOB THEY ARE GETTING PAID FOR!!!!!

I have signed many contracts & not everything is broken down "per action"
Several were in the entertainment field and had rehearsals (akin = to training) & promotion built into the agreement that I was paid for!
What did you do in the entertainment field ? Don't tell me your Nick from the Back Street boys ?

Hey Nick i sussed you, your my favourite .

Out of interest a 'double yellow card ' has appeared on my avatar ? What does that mean ?

That means you broke a Sherdog rule & was 'carded"
That means a probation for I think a month

Check your PM, I think they usually alert you why

I will try one last time bc you are a good guy

IF IT IS IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION & IN THE CONTRACT THEN IT IS PART OF THE JOB THEY ARE GETTING PAID FOR!!!!!

I have signed many contracts & not everything is broken down "per action"
Several were in the entertainment field and had rehearsals (akin = to training) & promotion built into the agreement that I was paid for!

His contract (or at least the only contract I've seen; and what Tate has stated) states that he needs to do a resonable amount of promotion. A reasonable amount therefore, should be the equivalent of the co-main, and his main event opponent.

This absolutely is not the case though. His opponent isn't doing Conan, or morning shows, or a twenty minute scrums or having mainstream press film him at the gym. He's doing extra/additional media, but does not get paid for it.

He gets paid for the result, not the media.

And don't write in bold to me, I'm reading your posts. I know what you're saying. But you and Mir are wrong; he doesn't get paid more for doing more media. He gets paid more because more people buy his events. This isn't the same thing.

I'm reading your posts. I know what you're saying. But you and Mir are wrong; he doesn't get paid more for doing more media. He gets paid more because more people buy his events. This isn't the same thing.

You might be READING my post, but you are not UNDERSTANDING them.

Instead of manipulating the thread by both of us going on - I say have a good day

That means you broke a Sherdog rule & was 'carded"
That means a probation for I think a month

Check your PM, I think they usually alert you why
Another thing Frankie why do hate Conor so much ? I'm not that keen on him either , but the haters out number the fans it's like Rourke's Drift so i argue against them .

Another thing Frankie why do hate Conor so much ? I'm not that keen on him either , but the haters out number the fans it's like Rourke's Drift so i argue against them .

Are you asking me why I hate Conor?
I don't.
He is one of my fav fighters.

I can like someone but vehemently disagree with how they handle some things.
Not everything is absolute.
I know the search function is lacking on here, but my post leading up to the Diaz fight were all pro Conor & I was called a 'nuthugger'.

;)

Envy. That is all.

His opportunities weren't available when I was a kid but I am pleased for him.

I hope he lives up to his full potential.

Conors tweet got attention because he RETIRED
That does not sell PPV

I never heard someone say "I am buying a $65 PPV for a tweet" - lol

You're missing the point. His tweet bought more attention to him, the ufc and the event (ufc 200) than a 10 million marketing plan*.
*Assuming it was just a generic marketing plan of billboards, commercials, conferences etc that didn't go viral..

It's more efficient to flip the opponent the bird, push him and drop some F-bombs and be done with it.

No ... you are still getting paid.
Travel is part of a lot of jobs.
Promotion is part of the job description that UFC fighters sign.
He is getting paid for promotion.
Even the few fighters that took his side admitted that.
MLB players as part of their contract must do the media after each game.
Derek Jeter hated it, but said it is part of his job & as the main focus of The Yankees he sucked it up & did it.

I like @Rittsy but of course he is paid to do it ... it is in his job description
Oh, Frankie what happened to you. Hitching your flip-flop on Conor to his failure to meet promotional obligations is disingenuous. You posted here that this was just a cover for a dispute over money. Admit it, Conor lost and you want to be on the winning team.

Mir shouldnt have mixed so much salt with his PEDs.

Your missing the point. His tweet bought more attention to him, the ufc and the event (ufc 200) than a 10 million marketing plan*.
*Assuming it was just a generic marketing plan of billboards, commercials, conferences etc that didn't go viral..

I understand the point
His tweet that he retired does not equal money to UFC in any shape or fashion
It actually made the situation look retarded on both sides.

People over-estimate a re-tweet

WWE is one of the biggest companies on social media
Their ratings are at a 20 year low

A tweet is not content of substance

Mir on Chael's podcast said that Conor should check his bank account when complaining about media obligations.
Mir said he understands Conor not liking to do media & that he did as well, but he looked at his own bank account & realized that he was getting paid more than other fighters & it was part of his job (esp. when main eventing).
He said every punch he threw, he made more $$$ for that due to promotion.

http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen
common sense, really.
Only COnor's fans can't think straight... or think at all :)

Oh, Frankie what happened to you. Hitching your flip-flop on Conor to his failure to meet promotional obligations is disingenuous. You posted here that this was just a cover for a dispute over money. Admit it, Conor lost and you want to be on the winning team.

You obviously did not see my post after Conor lost & before he started acting crazy ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back