Media Mikey – is he avoiding Lomachenko?

Avoiding?

Robert Garcia is insinuating that Loma will move too, eventually. If Loma were to stay at 135, which let’s be honest he’s not, then he will be heavily criticized in the future considering Pac-Man and even Marquez to name a few moved up to 147-150.

It is beyond stupid to think he’s avoiding when Mikey isn’t obligated by networks or the same promoter to make Loma or Spence. Theoretically if Mikey were ducking Loma for a bigger that could change his entire career by harder blows while Rigondeaux wasn’t hurt by Loma... cmon..

Mikey ain’t ducking Lomachenko that’s just stupid. He’s attempting to be a 5 Division Champ, nobody in industry could even make up that narrative in avoiding Loma all while Mikey was beating Salido years ago...
I agree with this.
Mikey beats Loma, in my eyes, but taking a fight with Spence is hell of a lot more dangerous than little Loma

He's avoiding it because he'll look far more stupid losing to a smaller guy like Loma. It's exactly the same reason Khan was fine fighting Canelo, a fight he was expected to lose but is still ducking a fight with Brook which is much more winnable.

Khan fought Canelo for money. He has been avoiding Brook, but it's not like that one fight indicates it. Anyone in his position would've taken the payday.

As for Mikey, he can avoid Lomachenko without signing up for a beating. He could fight guys at 140 and avoid Lomachenko all the same.

I agree with this.
Mikey beats Loma, in my eyes, but taking a fight with Spence is hell of a lot more dangerous than little Loma
For his health maybe but getting humilated by little Loma would be a lot more damaging to his reputation.

Khan fought Canelo for money. He has been avoiding Brook, but it's not like that one fight indicates it. Anyone in his position would've taken the payday.

As for Mikey, he can avoid Lomachenko without signing up for a beating. He could fight guys at 140 and avoid Lomachenko all the same.
Fact is Khan knew he was in for a serious beating, but that didn't scare him at all. A fight with Brook, even now when it's well past it's sell-by date would still earn Khan a lot of money, but he's scared shitless of taking that fight. The reason why is Brook is the same weight, comes from the same part of the country as Khan and they have a personal animosity going. So even though Khan could earn a lot of money fighting Brook he ducks it like nobodies business. Khan is worried about how it will effect his reputation, exactly the same as Garcia fighting Loma.

Fact is Khan knew he was in for a serious beating, but that didn't scare him at all. A fight with Brook, even now when it's well past it's sell-by date would still earn Khan a lot of money, but he's scared shitless of taking that fight. The reason why is Brook is the same weight, comes from the same part of the country as Khan and they have a personal animosity going. So even though Khan could earn a lot of money fighting Brook he ducks it like nobodies business. Khan is worried about how it will effect his reputation, exactly the same as Garcia fighting Loma.

He'd make money but not as much as the Canelo fight imo. I was just saying between the two, I know which one I would've picked.

Khan in particular had this same problem with Bradley, as well.

He'd make money but not as much as the Canelo fight imo. I was just saying between the two, I know which one I would've picked.

Khan in particular had this same problem with Bradley, as well.
Canelo was big money but a Brook fight would sell out in the UK, even now. Saying money is why Khan hasn't taken that fight is just not true.

Khan was ducking Bradley? I thought it was the other way around. Didn't Bradley choose Pac (can't blame him) instead of Khan?

Canelo was big money but a Brook fight would sell out in the UK, even now. Saying money is why Khan hasn't taken that fight is just not true.

Khan was ducking Bradley? I thought it was the other way around. Didn't Bradley choose Pac (can't blame him) instead of Khan?

How much do you predict Khan takes home in a Brook fight? Saying Khan tool the Canelo fight for money is absolutely true. Or as true as any arm-chair psycho-evaluation could be. He didn't take it because he thought he thought he had a better chance of winning lol.

Neither Khan nor Bradley seemed to be making a real effort to get the fight done, from what I recall.

If Khan only stands to make $2m total in a Canelo fight, he doesn't take it. To say he took the Canelo fight for any reason other than money is crazy. In an alternate universe where Brook doesn't exist, Amir would still take the Canelo fight because the money is too damn good to pass up.

Khan's options weren't Canelo or Brook. It was anyone else or Canelo. Khan can fight easier opposition to avoid Brook. He's shown time and again that he doesn't really care about how fans percieve him.

Last edited:
I think Khan beats Brooks then and I think he beats him now.
I think its all down to money with him and not reputation.
Hard to care about your reputation when you've been KOd brutally so many times.

Khan vs Bradley wasn't easy to make to begin with. Surely Bradley was always going to be A-side and Arum sticking to that whereas Oscar could justify Khan's value over Bradley. Seeing how Bradley beat Peterson and Alexander, to then later say he'd never fight a ''PBC fighter,'' it's just too many ego's swirling around from team affiliates more than ''ducking.'' And yes, surely Arum always and still strategizes in-house fights for the main benefit of Top Rank branding, prestige, and revenue.

Regarding Khan vs Brook. I haven't gone too much into this bout. Khan beating Phil LoGreco or Brook fighting some who knows who guy, these particular tuneups suggest they've been severely battle damaged in their last outings. It's really hard to come back from their types of losses. Now if its true that Khan in the contracts had suggest a rehydration clause limit, does anybody have information as to the cap weight?

I actually see Khan beating Kell Brook. Khan has had more benefit in recovery than Kell Brook. Seeing how Khan is a sharp shooter with 1-2's the head it could seriously slow down Brook with the fragility of his eye sockets. What's funnier is Brook and Khan UNDER HEARN with split negotiations is the twilight zone and perhaps only publicity for Matchroom sports and nothing more.

Regarding your theory to say that Khan's fear in losing to Brook is similar as to why Mikey Garcia would prefer Spence over Lomachenko is stupid mate...

Khan vs Bradley wasn't easy to make to begin with. Surely Bradley was always going to be A-side and Arum sticking to that whereas Oscar could justify Khan's value over Bradley. Seeing how Bradley beat Peterson and Alexander, to then later say he'd never fight a ''PBC fighter,'' it's just too many ego's swirling around from team affiliates more than ''ducking.'' And yes, surely Arum always and still strategizes in-house fights for the main benefit of Top Rank branding, prestige, and revenue.

Regarding Khan vs Brook. I haven't gone too much into this bout. Khan beating Phil LoGreco or Brook fighting some who knows who guy, these particular tuneups suggest they've been severely battle damaged in their last outings. It's really hard to come back from their types of losses. Now if its true that Khan in the contracts had suggest a rehydration clause limit, does anybody have information as to the cap weight?

I actually see Khan beating Kell Brook. Khan has had more benefit in recovery than Kell Brook. Seeing how Khan is a sharp shooter with 1-2's the head it could seriously slow down Brook with the fragility of his eye sockets. What's funnier is Brook and Khan UNDER HEARN with split negotiations is the twilight zone and perhaps only publicity for Matchroom sports and nothing more.

Regarding your theory to say that Khan's fear in losing to Brook is similar as to why Mikey Garcia would prefer Spence over Lomachenko is stupid mate...

That's your view ok but where is your reasoning as to why that is? You totally left that bit out.

The cap that Khan wanted for Brook was 10 lbs of rehydration. That's a bit of a joke and a fight stopper. Khan knows this which is why he threw it in there. He doesn't want anything to do with a Brook fight and he's been doing it for years now.

I think Khan beats Brooks then and I think he beats him now.
I think its all down to money with him and not reputation.
Hard to care about your reputation when you've been KOd brutally so many times.
So why doesn't he take the Brook fight then? It's probably the biggest UK domestic fight that can be made outside of Fury and Joshua. If he was just about the money then he'd take the fight. BUT he doesn't want it because he can't bear the idea of losing to Brook. There is no other reason why he won't take it. Or can someone offer me a good reason why he doesn't want it?

That's what I was afraid people would say if he took a beating off Spence first before fighting Lomachenko. Mikey will be seen as damaged goods going into a fight with Loma.
g
Don't worry, it's not a real built in excuse because Loma has his own mileage from extensive competition. He took a lot of dirty tactics from Salido and that could have really fucked with his confidence going into future fights and Loma bounced back like a true great should, so if Mikey is stupid enough to test his luck against Spence, it's on him to show up ready for Loma after the beating he's gonna get at 147. If he loses, he loses, but as a fan of Mikey I'd like to see the best version of him in there because Loma is a very dangerous opponent for him and right now its 50/50 fight, but I don't like Garcia coming off Spence to fight Loma. It just seems retarded to me.

g
Don't worry, it's not a real built in excuse because Loma has his own mileage from extensive competition. He took a lot of dirty tactics from Salido and that could have really fucked with his confidence going into future fights and Loma bounced back like a true great should, so if Mikey is stupid enough to test his luck against Spence, it's on him to show up ready for Loma after the beating he's gonna get at 147. If he loses, he loses, but as a fan of Mikey I'd like to see the best version of him in there because Loma is a very dangerous opponent for him and right now its 50/50 fight, but I don't like Garcia coming off Spence to fight Loma. It just seems retarded to me.
I'm with you, I actually like Garcia and think he is a great fighter BUT for me as a Loma fan first and foremost I'm really disappointed that Garcia and Loma aren't fighting first. I wanted a pure contest with both guys having their best shot at beating the other without any question marks. But I really feel Spence is just too big and strong for Garcia and will do him some bad long lasting damage. Hopefully, he wins by a body KO and the damage is only temporary.

g

Mikey Garcia has significantly better ring IQ than Brook or Chris Algieri or Lamont Peterson....

I'm surprised how many people think Spence is going to win easily. M. Garcia has great defense. Styles make fights. This will be Spence's hardest fight.

I'm with you, I actually like Garcia and think he is a great fighter BUT for me as a Loma fan first and foremost I'm really disappointed that Garcia and Loma aren't fighting first. I wanted a pure contest with both guys having their best shot at beating the other without any question marks. But I really feel Spence is just too big and strong for Garcia and will do him some bad long lasting damage. Hopefully, he wins by a body KO and the damage is only temporary.

just like Canelo, Mikey is bulking up to 147. It is said he will join Victor Conte for strength and conditioning. This means Mikey's power will translate to 147 just fine. Mikey is one of the best sharp shooters P4P, I'd say right behind Crawford. His straight right hand is MEAN and he has power in both hands.

just like Canelo, Mikey is bulking up to 147. It is said he will join Victor Conte for strength and conditioning. This means Mikey's power will translate to 147 just fine. Mikey is one of the best sharp shooters P4P, I'd say right behind Crawford. His straight right hand is MEAN and he has power in both hands.
He has no chance against Spence who is a real big guy at the weight. Mikey can bulk up all he wants but it won't compare to the natural strength and power that Spence has at the weight. His punches won't have any effect on Spence.

He has no chance against Spence who is a real big guy at the weight. Mikey can bulk up all he wants but it won't compare to the natural strength and power that Spence has at the weight. His punches won't have any effect on Spence.

Everybody said Canelo had no chance against Golovkin. Golovkin fans swear he beat Canelo ''twice,'' yet Canelo was never hurt and wasn't given any credit for his defense, even in the 2nd fight GGG fans were in denial. GGG was the BOOGIEMAN at body shots... What's Spence known for? You're saying Mikey has ''no chance'' yet you cry about others with ''bashing'' and wanting them ''banned.'' dude grow some..

Everybody said Canelo had no chance against Golovkin. Golovkin fans swear he beat Canelo ''twice,'' yet Canelo was never hurt and wasn't given any credit for his defense, even in the 2nd fight GGG fans were in denial. GGG was the BOOGIEMAN at body shots... What's Spence known for? You're saying Mikey has ''no chance'' yet you cry about others with ''bashing'' and wanting them ''banned.'' dude grow some..
Fuck off you dumb twat! You ACCUSE a professional boxer of taking a DIVE and you can't see the difference between that and someone stating an opinion that they don't think a fighter can win a bout?
You'll be banned before long the way you carry on, you can't help yourself. Spence is big WW and could fight at 154 if he wanted to, Garcia is a fleshy LW who even if he trains with Conte will still be puffy at WW. Spence will have a 3.5" height advantage and a 4" reach advantage and is known for his crushing power at 147. Meanwhile Garcia just went the distance with his last 3 opponents. So NO I don't think Garcia has any chance against Spence.

Fuck off you dumb twat! You ACCUSE a professional boxer of taking a DIVE and you can't see the difference between that and someone stating an opinion that they don't think a fighter can win a bout?
You'll be banned before long the way you carry on, you can't help yourself. Spence is big WW and could fight at 154 if he wanted to, Garcia is a fleshy LW who even if he trains with Conte will still be puffy at WW. Spence will have a 3.5" height advantage and a 4" reach advantage and is known for his crushing power at 147. Meanwhile Garcia just went the distance with his last 3 opponents. So NO I don't think Garcia has any chance against Spence.

stop crying on the site bro. did you lose real money on this fight?

Back