Mike Perry on Winklejohn: "we just don't click"

yea Perry seems more like a Florida guy rather than a New Mexican.

Greg Jackson be like "Go Florida, reclaim some fans."

That camp took a nose dive a long time ago.

Fuck Jacksons I say.

Dont hate the romance of the game bro. Some guys gotta see themselves that way to be able to do this.
Can't front man.... I do hate on that a bit. There's visualization and there's delusion. I think some fighters aim for one but end up squarely in the other one.

But I do get your overall point that it takes a certain mindstate to try to be the best.

But Plat? I just don't ever see this guy anywhere near to the best.

Unless he stands near to Jon at the gym. But then he might get ratted out, so he prolly doesn't do that.

I bet when Jon walks in the gym now, needles sticking out his butt and all, half the fighters scatter and hide their paraphenalia. Wink prolly has lookouts posted to warn him "stop selling that shit - put it away! Your biggest custee is coming! He'll rat the rest of them out!!"

But I digress. And I like it.

Can't front man.... I do hate on that a bit. There's visualization and there's delusion. I think some fighters aim for one but end up squarely in the other one.

But I do get your overall point that it takes a certain mindstate to try to be the best.

But Plat? I just don't ever see this guy anywhere near to the best.

Unless he stands near to Jon at the gym. But then he might get ratted out, so he prolly doesn't do that.

I bet when Jon walks in the gym now, needles sticking out his butt and all, half the fighters scatter and hide their paraphenalia. Wink prolly has lookouts posted to warn him "stop selling that shit - put it away! Your biggest custee is coming! He'll rat the rest of them out!!"

But I digress. And I like it.
Whether he becomes the best is beside the point. He can go father than he would without that belief. Nogueira when he fought fedor in that first fight. Most woulda gave up. Dude kept trying to the final bell,because he believed somehow fedor was gonna make a mistake somewhere and he can snatch it like he done so many times in the past,where he probably had to believe something no one else would to win. It worked those other times,against sapp,against mirko,against sylvia. He could never beat fedor but that belief carried him through a ton of fuckin shit. So I'm very tolerant of what other call delusion and I never care about the big book of excuses, cos at the end of the day nog is a legend,and I'm just some guy on a forum,with 60 k posts sure,but still a guy on a forum. Let him believe what he gotta if it helps him get through.

It is obvious that Jackson is the brains in that place. The moment Winkeljohn took over things went south, quick. GSP went with Firras...

Whether he becomes the best is beside the point. He can go father than he would without that belief. Nogueira when he fought fedor in that first fight. Most woulda gave up. Dude kept trying to the final bell,because he believed somehow fedor was gonna make a mistake somewhere and he can snatch it like he done so many times in the past,where he probably had to believe something no one else would to win. It worked those other times,against sapp,against mirko,against sylvia. He could never beat fedor but that belief carried him through a ton of fuckin shit. So I'm very tolerant of what other call delusion and I never care about the big book of excuses, cos at the end of the day nog is a legend,and I'm just some guy on a forum,with 60 k posts sure,but still a guy on a forum. Let him believe what he gotta if it helps him get through.

Well I can't say you're wrong - that's for sure.

But my enjoyment is paramount here. If I can't laugh at a fighter's delusion why am I even breathing?

I'm gonna keep on laughing at it but I do get your point and I can't say you're wrong.

So Jackson-Wink abandoned Cowboy for Perry who will probably leave anyway... Great move boys

Jwg0GTH.gif
I think the consensus was that Cerrone was a taker and not a giver with Jackson Wink. He would go there and beat people up when he needed training partners, and use the gym to source people for his BMF ranch project/camp, but he would never help others prepare for their fights. He also apparently wasn't paying certain coaches to corner him (notably Wink).

I'm not taking a position on the matter, but those are the allegations made by Wink, Diego Sanchez, etc.

Well I can't say you're wrong - that's for sure.

But my enjoyment is paramount here. If I can't laugh at a fighter's delusion why am I even breathing?

I'm gonna keep on laughing at it but I do get your point and I can't say you're wrong.
Laugh on bro. Perry put on this planet for alot that at least.

Oh no, Jackson-Wink losing Mike Perry? How will they recover?

My opinion on what Perry needs to do:

#1 Calm da fu*k down...He is doing what plagued Randleman for so long. Adrenaline dump.
Watch Fedor and Mike Tyson, masters of staying calm before a fight.

#2 Maybe go train with Ludwig. He turned TJ into a great standup guy that can first and foremost is move out of the way of danger, THEN deliver the power we all know you got.

#3 No more tats!

Thats all I got.
he has no power against people that have a chin. His power is mediocre. so overrated lmao. he is a scrub.

The Platinum-Wink Era is officially over
Mike is more of a Blackzillians Camp type of guy

Keep blameshifting, changing camps and focusing on brawling (though you can take down fighters who will submit you if you really want). I promise it's the path to success, Mikey.

seems cool as fuck to me

perhaps stop being such a sensitive little bitch and also respect the marketing component of the game

Respect the marketing component which is mainly based on disrespecting everything? :)

Appears to blame his training camp/environment for his loss.
Seems like he's planning to go back to Florida for the biggest portion of his upcoming camps.

The absolute state of Jackson-Wink.

And if you listen to the whole podcast, Winklejohn comes on and says things are all good between them lol. Sounds like Perry was just making a bunch of excuses. Blaming everyone but himself. "Oh I need my girl to calm me down" GTFOH with that shit.

Appears to blame his training camp/environment for his loss.
Seems like he's planning to go back to Florida for the biggest portion of his upcoming camps.

The absolute state of Jackson-Wink.

handing-out-pink-slip.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back