Mike Perry on Winklejohn: "we just don't click"

I didn’t like how Winklejohn reacted postfight. He didn’t directly throw mike under the bus but saying, “I wish mike didn’t take him down,” just didn’t sit well with me. If that were all he said fine, but he framed it in a way that just turned me off.

Not too mention his post fight drama interview about " cancerous Cerrone "

Oh no, Jackson-Wink losing Mike Perry? How will they recover?

Well at the rate they have been either losing fighters or making their fighters lose, there soon won't be anyone of note at their gym.
They can thank Jon Jones for still being here, or it would already be the case.

Or maybe he’s not that great, maybe he’s good but not great...

Shocking for him but maybe he needs to take it as a man.

My opinion on what Perry needs to do:

#1 Calm da fu*k down...He is doing what plagued Randleman for so long. Adrenaline dump.
Watch Fedor and Mike Tyson, masters of staying calm before a fight.

#2 Maybe go train with Ludwig. He turned TJ into a great standup guy that can first and foremost is move out of the way of danger, THEN deliver the power we all know you got.

#3 No more tats!

Thats all I got.
The problem is Perry isnt super talented or technical. He's an explosive strong guy, that's gotten him a lot of success but that doesn't work against high level guys. Im not trying to be shitty I have nothing against the guy but he's not great at anything other then power. Woodley has even more power but has tremendous wrestling he's able to Pace himself because he knows he can take the fight to the ground at any time and isn't in danger. Perry has no fall back plan.

yeah, cuz Wink def told meathead Perry to go and try to bjj Cowboy who has great bjj, mhmmmmm

You decided to dive into and stay in the guard of someone with very dangerous submissions from his back. Its your fault, dumbass.

I know it's the in thing right now to shit on Winkeljohn but he as a coach can only do so much. Perry is very limited in his skill set and is lucky to aspire to be gatekeeper level

Not only that he actually visited Cerrone at the ranch and sparred with him.
Cerrone took him down according to Perry and laid on him for 23 minutes.
Perry took that as his stand up was too much for Cerrone.
He is limited in his skill set and IQ.

Oh so he is one of THOSE guys.

This late into his career Perry is responsible for his own actions inside a cage. It's not like he is just learning how to fight.

Reminds of when Bj Penn blamed his dietician for his third loss to Edgar.

Man i hope the part about those racist "jokes" isnt true. Ill look into it but man i am possibly was a fan of Duane.
We can always be happy with the fact that Duane went 21-14 and was finished in 13 of those 14 losses.

seems cool as fuck to me

perhaps stop being such a sensitive little bitch and also respect the marketing component of the game

Agree with this he’s actually a funny dude and seems quite light hearted with his gangster/being black jokes etc.

If you are complete and utter shit tier no amount of coaching will help.

Also Perry seems to me to be un-coachable and would fustrate the fuck out of any coach as imo he would never stick to game plans.

seems cool as fuck to me

perhaps stop being such a sensitive little bitch and also respect the marketing component of the game
Perry isn't all that marketable or a draw. He appeals to wannabe 'gangstas', wiggers and morons.

Wheels are coming off in Albuquerque for now anyway.

Back