Miesha Tate explains why she’d favor Conor McGregor in fight against GSP

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
“Conor McGregor, I’ve underestimated the guy a number of times, thinking he wasn’t going to win some of the fights that he won and he did it,” she said (h/t MMAFighting.com). “The man is truly in a league of his own. When it comes to his game planning, when it comes to his trash talking, when it comes to getting inside people’s heads, nobody does it better than Conor McGregor. So I absolutely would not count him out in a fight like that.

“I think the speed favors him. I think he has great striking and I think the fact that GSP’s been out for so long, I think Conor McGregor can put together a strategy to beat pretty much anybody and I think the matchup actually favors Conor.

“I feel almost bad saying that because I’ve been a huge GSP fan for a really long time. He’s perfect when he fights. Maybe not the most exciting fighter you’ve ever watched but he’s almost perfect and that’s so hard to do. If you’ve been an athlete in any sport, to have a perfect game or a perfect match or a perfect bout, it almost never happens. You watch him go out there and he’s pretty much perfect in all of his fights. He never waivers from his strategy and he’s like a robot, like somebody’s controlling a controller somewhere and he’s just doing exactly what he needs to do to get through those fights. But I think with this one, Conor’s just so hard to beat and he’s so hard to get around mentally. I think the speed actually, being the smaller guy, does favor Conor.”

Miesha ! Conor vs GSP would end worst than you vs Amanda

Can't agree with the lovely and talented Meisha here.

GSP is bigger, faster, more athletic and stronger, he has a killer jab and his blast double is almost unstoppable for a fighter with suspect TDD like Conor.

Didn't Miesha also say she was a better striker than Nunes?

<{Heymansnicker}>

Miesha might need to go check if she has CTE now because only someone with brain damage could say something so stupid.

Conor is a fighter, GSP isn't.

Conor by KO inside 2 rounds.

Miesha is repeating Dana's hype job before the Mayweather circus: "He's a once in a lifetime, he's done it before, he finds a way, etc". If Mendes on short notice can control Conor on the ground, then GSP is just going to LnP him x 25 minutes.

Conor is a fighter, GSP isn't.

Conor by KO inside 2 rounds.

Conor gases in fights.....Conor quits in fights...when has GSP done either....Conor won't be on his feet long enough to get a KO

Can't agree with the lovely and talented Meisha here.

GSP is bigger, faster, more athletic and stronger, he has a killer jab and his blast double is almost unstoppable for a fighter with suspect TDD like Conor.

Well, the UFC hype machine was feeding Conor fighters he can beat when they were building his brand. Mendes was the only really good wrestler they put in front of him, but even that was on short notice. I love Miesha, but she's out of her mind.

Not a fan of either, but GSP by air tight game plan, aka jab jab, take down, control on top.

This is a girl who chose to grapple with Ronda, so what do you expect.

Conor gases in fights.....Conor quits in fights...when has GSP done either....Conor won't be on his feet long enough to get a KO
Can he even ko GSP ? GSP took some flush shots from Condit and Prime juice Hendricks. I doubt Conors punches even faze GSP. Im pretty sure GSP would finish Conor with GnP. Dont see Conor taking GSP elbows for 5 rounds without getting stopped.

Didn't Miesha also say she was a better striker than Nunes?

<{Heymansnicker}>
She claimed she would rip Amandas heart out and stomp on it lol. Boy that didnt go so well for her lol.
Nunes-stuns-Miesha.jpg

GSP would dry-hump him to death and 9 months later they would have baby GSM.

GSP man handled Nick while Conor got strangled by Nate. Not to use the Diaz bros as a measuring stick, but it says volumes about how easily GSP would rag doll Conor.

I think people are really overestimating how good GSP is gonna be. This is post-USADA, 3 years retired GSP. Bisping will Maul him and at Welterweight or maybe 165lbs CW Conor stands a chance of getting an early KO. Woodley would destroy GSP at this point.

Maybe I'll be surprised, but I doubt it somehow.

Back