Miesha Tate explains why she’d favor Conor McGregor in fight against GSP

“Conor McGregor, I’ve underestimated the guy a number of times, thinking he wasn’t going to win some of the fights that he won and he did it,” she said (h/t MMAFighting.com). “The man is truly in a league of his own. When it comes to his game planning, when it comes to his trash talking, when it comes to getting inside people’s heads, nobody does it better than Conor McGregor. So I absolutely would not count him out in a fight like that.

“I think the speed favors him. I think he has great striking and I think the fact that GSP’s been out for so long, I think Conor McGregor can put together a strategy to beat pretty much anybody and I think the matchup actually favors Conor.

“I feel almost bad saying that because I’ve been a huge GSP fan for a really long time. He’s perfect when he fights. Maybe not the most exciting fighter you’ve ever watched but he’s almost perfect and that’s so hard to do. If you’ve been an athlete in any sport, to have a perfect game or a perfect match or a perfect bout, it almost never happens. You watch him go out there and he’s pretty much perfect in all of his fights. He never waivers from his strategy and he’s like a robot, like somebody’s controlling a controller somewhere and he’s just doing exactly what he needs to do to get through those fights. But I think with this one, Conor’s just so hard to beat and he’s so hard to get around mentally. I think the speed actually, being the smaller guy, does favor Conor.”

Miesha ! Conor vs GSP would end worst than you vs Amanda

conor-mcgregor-weigh.jpg
VS
20170522080549_20160708051119_1DX_9852.JPG

I'd be heavily rooting for conor, but i think gsp would lay on conor for another decision win.

Nam Phan level prediction. Miesha has an amazing ass and that's the extent of her talent pool, fight predictions included.

This is not the way to get some Irish beef in you Miesha.

Can't agree with the lovely and talented Meisha here.

GSP is bigger, faster, more athletic and stronger, he has a killer jab and his blast double is almost unstoppable for a fighter with suspect TDD like Conor.

I agree with prime GSP but we havent seen him for many years now.

It is very questionable how explosive and accurate he can be after such a long break. Especially his takedowns rely heavily on both and if they would not work with Conor he would loose. I`d also slightly favour GSP above Conor at the moment but not with a wide margin.

Imo he will get beaten down by Bisping and Bisping will make it look easy but hey I will be happy if I am wrong.

Conor is a fighter, GSP isn't.

Conor by KO inside 2 rounds.

You say this based on what? Wanting to have an actual conversation on this rather than name calling like some discussions regarding Conor. Not looking for an irrational Hater or Hugger response but would like to know what you are basing that on?

GSP and Conor are both intelligent fighters and businessmen. What I believe makes Georges a fighter is all of the challenges he has faced and even when hitting setbacks he kept Fighting for what he was after. GSP had a much tougher road to the title losing his first UFC title fight to Hughes and he kept fighting his way back. He beat Miller, Trigg, Sherk and Penn to get back to Hughes and win the title. He lost it to Serra in his first defense and had to defeat Koscheck as Hughes and Serra were booked to fight. Serra was injured so Hughes and GSP were booked for an Interim title and GSP won that securing a shot at redemption vs Serra. He then went on to defend the title 9 consecutive times vs top contenders in the deepest division in the UFC at the time against a wide variety of styles with different strengths who posed a variety of dangers GSP had to overcome.

2 questions for you to address
1. What is it that makes a man a FIGHTER?
2. What makes Conor a fighter?

Tapping to strike is the same as tapping in a submission....you are in a position where you have lost....even without the tap, the fight would have been stopped...quitting was referring when conor gave up and shot for a takedown against nate...so he didn't look bad by being potentially beat on his feet.

giphy.gif

well last time we saw GSP he got his ass kicked by hendricks and retired. I'd also favor mcgregor
How is winning a close decision against a pre-USADA Monster in Hendricks a) Getting your Ass Kicked? b) evidence that a FW/LW will beat a WW/MW when there is no massive gap in skills to favour the smaller fighter?
Royce Gracie was able to dominate massive men when he had an extensive skill gap in BJJ. When he fought Hughes who was the same size he was destroyed when the skill gap was small. Matt even gave up on the arm lock he had and finished him with GnP because he realized he would have to break his arm since Royce wouldn't tap and he didn't want to break his arm as it was easier to TKO him.

Is Meisha Tate supposed to be some great analyst of Men's mma now or something? Why would anyone care more about her analysis than a random sherdog poster?

so literally quitting is better than kinda maybe quitting lol
How is Tapping to Strikes and Tapping to a Submission quitting in one case and not quitting in the other? GSP tapped vs Serra and Conor tapped to Diaz?

"egk, post: 134291139, member: 86178"]Is Meisha Tate supposed to be some great analyst of Men's mma now or something? Why would anyone care more about her analysis than a random sherdog poster?[/QUOTE]
Here is what Meisha has to go along with her "Opinion/Analysis"
Meisha.jpg
Here is what an average Sherdogger has to offer
Sherdogger.jpg
See the difference?

Can't agree with the lovely and talented Meisha here.

GSP is bigger, faster, more athletic and stronger, he has a killer jab and his blast double is almost unstoppable for a fighter with suspect TDD like Conor.

Bigger and stronger for sure. Not faster and athleticism is debatable.

How is Tapping to Strikes and Tapping to a Submission quitting in one case and not quitting in the other? GSP tapped vs Serra and Conor tapped to Diaz?
when did i say it wasn't quitting?

"egk, post: 134291139, member: 86178"]Is Meisha Tate supposed to be some great analyst of Men's mma now or something? Why would anyone care more about her analysis than a random sherdog poster?
Here is what Meisha has to go along with her "Opinion/Analysis"
View attachment 280855
Here is what an average Sherdogger has to offer
View attachment 280857
See the difference?[/QUOTE]

haha. yes. Meisha has a much better body. Average sherdogger a better face. :D

Is Meisha Tate supposed to be some great analyst of Men's mma now or something? Why would anyone care more about her analysis than a random sherdog poster?
because unlike you she's a cagefighter

<Kpop775>

Back