Michael Mann's Blackhat (2015)

This movie was garbage, unfortunately.

I really like Hemsworth and I wanted to support him because we're basically best friends.

Glad to see someone else saying good things about Sneakers.

Homo, 5.5 to 7 is a substantial jump and I tried to explain to you how my thoughts changed from one viewing to the next. But you were gay and just ignored me.

Oh, and BTW, I actually have Sneakers checked out from the library right now. I just need to get it watched.

If I'm the gay one, how come you can't stop jerking off to Chris Hemsworth in this shitty movie? If this was a VHS copy, you would have worn that shit out by now. Probably at the shirtless scenes.

Move on and do something straight with your life, like watch Sneakers finally

DId someone mention a blackhat hacker named hathaway?

giphy.gif
tumblr_lsly41hAaS1qenynz.gif

It's amazing how so many films just get stuck in development. I read the other day that the guys who pushed Den of Thieves through and finally got it made worked on bringing it to the screen for like 15 years.

Hopefully this movie will in fact get made, though it's not reassuring that it's not appearing on anyone's IMDB page.
lol, I haven't seen Den of Thieves but for someone to spend 15 years to bring a Gerard Butler and Ice Cube Jr. starring vehicle to life kinda speaks to misplaced priorities... Now say Deadpool, I'll give you, because the source material makes the juice worth the squeeze.

You guys are almost making me want to watch this movie now.

lol, I haven't seen Den of Thieves but for someone to spend 15 years to bring a Gerard Butler and Ice Cube Jr. starring vehicle to life kinda speaks to misplaced priorities... Now say Deadpool, I'll give you, because the source material makes the juice worth the squeeze.

For Ice Cube Jr., the action is the juice.

Can we talk about The Keep?

I haven't seen it, but the story of it's troubled production is pretty interesting.

The weird thing is you look at Mann's filmography, and every film is grounded in reality, sometimes based on actual events, yet for his second film he tried to branch out into the horror genre. I guess Manhunter has horror elements, but it doesn't have anything supernatural in it. Perhaps the experience was so bad it played a part in his subsequent career choices.

Anybody see this one?

If I'm the gay one, how come you can't stop jerking off to Chris Hemsworth in this shitty movie? If this was a VHS copy, you would have worn that shit out by now. Probably at the shirtless scenes.

Move on and do something straight with your life, like watch Sneakers finally

Bro, being the Michael Mann film you are, you should welcome the opportunity--the HOPE--that you might be able to see a film of his that you didn't like in a new way!

You got a BAD attitude, about this one Petey.

LOL, well I'm sure when it first went into development that they didn't yet know who was going to be starring. I assume you know that throughout a film's development different stars often get attached to then project and then fall out later, until finally someone who signs on is still there when the film actually gets made.

But the movie really is pretty good. If you go and look in the Den of Thieves thread I think literally everyone in there who saw it said they liked it. It's a solid, above-average heist film and apparently a sequel is now in the works.

Bro, being the Michael Mann film you are, you should welcome the opportunity--the HOPE--that you might be able to see a film of his that you didn't like in a new way!

You got a BAD attitude, about this one Petey.

The Shadow Priest School of Film Review

'Remember, if a film is bad, that just means you haven't watched it enough times yet!'

eyesopen.jpg

Can we talk about The Keep?

I haven't seen it, but the story of it's troubled production is pretty interesting.

The weird thing is you look at Mann's filmography, and every film is grounded in reality, sometimes based on actual events, yet for his second film he tried to branch out into the horror genre. I guess Manhunter has horror elements, but it doesn't have anything supernatural in it. Perhaps the experience was so bad it played a part in his subsequent career choices.

Anybody see this one?

I think it's the only film of his that I have never seen, but I intend to watch it as part of this Mann retrospective that I'm doing.

It sounds batshit insane and totally not like a Michael Mann movie.

The Shadow Priest School of Film Review

'Remember, if a film is bad, that just means you haven't watched it enough times yet!'

I really can't tell you how many times my idea of a movie changed after I watched it a second time. I am convinced that a lot of people are missing out on certain films because they only watched them once and wrote them off.

Im not sure this warrants its own thread, if only we had a rate the last movie you watched thread

Back