Michael Bisping vs Georges St-Pierre has Chris Weidman contemplating jump to light heavyweight

Disagreeing with most of you in this thread. Weidman is a massive MW. He'd do just fine at LHW
He doesn't even need to be a massive MW, see above post.

Stand SMALL And Proud, WAR Whiteman.

Your problem with a title shot isn't other people taking their time with taking fights, Chris. Your problem is getting knocked out repeatedly.

he is a gate keeper at 185 no different at 205
I can't stand Weidman but to call him a gatekeeper at 185 is not too intelligent.
I mean the guy is 14-3 with his 3 losses com8ng against the best of the best.

This is just The Chris passive aggressively complaining, no chance he moves up to LHW...he would get murdered.

the bitterness has overcome him... bummer he was one of my favs

stop worrying about losing your belt and worry about winning fights. build up a max holloway resume or start knocking dudes out like conor / yoel / whittaker. THEN you can start making demands

It truly must be a difficult place to be in, wanting a rematch or wanting to reclaim your title, when you know it's gonna take a couple of years (or close).

If you're in the NBA or NFL or some league of sorts, there's always a match next week.

If he hadn't lost so many fights in a row then he would be closer to a title shot in less time. GSP is not hurting his timeline of a shot, his lack of winning is what caused that. His whining just makes him look like a big baby who believes he's still in contention.

I think he'd transition fairly well, especially considering the competition at LHW. He wrestled at 197lbs in college which is the same weight that Jon Jones and Phil Davis did. His whole career wasn't as great but he actually beat Davis when they faced.

He's right about one thing, both GSP and Bisping are acting like fickle dicks.

Those two will gladly hold up the division to cherry pick the easiest fights for the most money.

Ironically, they both think the other is a winnable fight. Sherdog seems pretty divided on who is gonna lose, too.

Jon Jones would seriously fuck up Weidman's world.

Jon Jones would seriously fuck up Weidman's world.
But who outside the top 5 HWs wouldn't Jones fuck up?

Maybe The Chris just sees LHW as having more seemingly vulnerable guys in the top 10 which could actually be true (Shogun, OSP, Corey Anderson, possibly aged Glover and Manuwa and young and untried Mischa).

It truly must be a difficult place to be in, wanting a rematch or wanting to reclaim your title, when you know it's gonna take a couple of years (or close).

If you're in the NBA or NFL or some league of sorts, there's always a match next week.

I've always been happy to see Grimes for years haha but great choice with Chelsea Wolfe. Just got my tickets to see her in October a few days ago and looking forward to Hiss Spun. What do you think of the new tracks?

Has he always been this delusional or did Yoel scramble his brain? I'd at least try to get another win before saying anything. 3 losses in a row a win over a blown up WW isn't much to brag about.
he has always been delusional, but back then (pre-USADA) he was whooping people left and right. but now after romero fucked him up, it seems to be worse now

But who outside the top 5 HWs wouldn't Jones fuck up?

Maybe The Chris just sees LHW as having more seemingly vulnerable guys in the top 10 which could actually be true (Shogun, OSP, Corey Anderson, possibly aged Glover and Manuwa and young and untried Mischa).

True, but Weidman wants to be champ again he says, and that can only happen at MW. The Chris would probably get eaten up by the top 5 LHW guys IMO!

Damn! My homeboy is gonna get all worked over in dem higher weight classes!

They're gonna tear his booty up!

Snap!

At this point, I think he should consider WMMA.

It suits him better, I think.

At this point, I think he should consider WMMA.

It suits him better, I think.
They would have to get Gabi or that 6'5 kickboxer girl on a diet to have a suitable sized opponent for him. lol

Back