Michael Bisping vs Georges St-Pierre has Chris Weidman contemplating jump to light heavyweight

185 is lot deeper than 205, he would no doubt be top 10, could see him as top 5 but he ain't the one to dethrone jones.

Yes he was an EX-champ years ago AND he lost 3 in a row.......Get to the back of the line Chris.

Jacare
Yoel
Whitaker

All before you.

Size wise he would do well, he would not get dwarfed and historically some of the best 205'ers were not giants and might have been able to make 185 anyway. Making a big cut isn't always the best way to perform.

Cutting to 185 ruined Irvin, perhaps if he had stayed injury free and up in weight his career would have been better.

When he was on his game he was really good, but that only showed sometimes. He also made bad descions in the cage(against anderson that kick was stupid, he should have stuck to his boxing).

From top of the world to over the hill in a year

what part of getting mauled by rockhold, romero and quitting against mousasi gave him the idea that he would do well at 205?

Endboss waiting at 205...not a good idea

what part of getting mauled by rockhold, romero and quitting against mousasi gave him the idea that he would do well at 205?
yeah, and rumble should've retired after his loss to koscheck.

You got dropped and rocked by a blown up Welterweight, good luck against people like Volkan and Gus.

Chris 'CTE' Weidman

tenor.gif

Secondly, the guys at LHW would destroy him. Jones, DC, Gus, Volkan, Manuwa, OSP.
I would give him a good chance against OSP and Manuwa, not sure about Volkan need to see how much his TDD has improved.

If Kelvin could nearly cave Chris's s**t in, imagine him fighting the top 10 in the LHW division. I rather have him in MW.

Has he always been this delusional or did Yoel scramble his brain? I'd at least try to get another win before saying anything. 3 losses in a row a win over a blown up WW isn't much to brag about.

If Kelvin could nearly cave Chris's s**t in, imagine him fighting the top 10 in the LHW division. I rather have him in MW.
Meh, if Chael could stumble Anderson imagine what LHWs with decent striking like Irvin and Forrest could do... which is obviously kill Andy. :D

This is why Chuck never went up to heavyweight......why go from being big in one weight class to small in another?

.... Because of the speed advantage. Thats why Rumble and Whitaker moved to upper divisions (And also why Fedor fought at HW to begin with), and found major success. Being faster than your opponents give you more time to react to strikes and takedown attempts

Not sure how fast Weidman will be at LHW though.

hopefully he does go there and get's cte'd into irrelevancy, i've been bitching about him for far too long

Uhm, he is 1-3 in his last four. He has no business talking title shot. And he has no shot in hell against the bigger LHW. Jones, Gus and Cormier would obliterate Chris.

.... Because of the speed advantage. Thats why Rumble and Whitaker moved to upper divisions (And also why Fedor fought at HW to begin with), and found major success. Being faster than your opponents give you more time to react to strikes and takedown attempts
There are actually lots of fighters who either moved up or were obviously small for their class and did well.

Cain
DC
Randy
Fedor as mentioned
Crocop
Rumble
Rashad
Hendo
Whittaker
Gastelum
Anderson Silva! :D
Cowboy
Masvidal
Wonderboy
BJ (for a bit, he did beat Hughes and draw with Fitch)
Conor
Frankie
Lineker
Dodson
Mighty Mouse
Shevchenko
Miesha Great
Torres
Esparza
can surely think of more

#StandSMALLAndProud!

As for anyone thinking to bring up the numerous Asian counterexamples don't you dare!!!

Last edited:
Disagreeing with most of you in this thread. Weidman is a massive MW. He'd do just fine at LHW

Back