Melvin lol

This is the send-off into retirement that Gomi's career deserves/needs. Go out on a high Fireball Kid.

Melv thought he saw some powder on the floor and dived down to toot it up and got hit with an illegal shot

Gomi leg nearly gave out mid fight, would like to see him fight a fellow vet and call it a day. Uno still fights although at featherweight I think that's a fight which would have been great 15 years ago maybe make that and both walk away.

notifications should tell us which mod performed the action. Most other forums do this, so why not Sherdog? How about some transparency, fellas?

Your thread was merged because there's already a thread on this fight. Calm down kid.

It really is a shame that Melvin has fallen off so bad, when he was on that win streak in 2010-2011 he really looked like he was coming into his own and finally living up to his potential.

I still wish Melvin never left Jackson/Wink’s, they had him at his best form, anyways to see how far Melvin has fallen 3-13 (2NC) in his last 18 fights, really is a damn shame.

Arguably one of the biggest wastes of talent in mma history.

Back in the day some ppl used to say Melvin hit harder

Gomi is most definitely.......NOT Back---he looked awful

Nice KO though

Jesus, didn't even hit him hard and Melvin crumpled like an accordion.

Gomi's punches always remind me of Dick Tracy:

giphy.webp

Gomi is most definitely.......NOT Back---he looked awful

Nice KO though

Yeah Gomi has been done for a while. Just nice to see him get another KO specially against a guy some ppl used to say hit harder than him

Both should retire but cool to see Gomi win in Japan. Crowd loves him. Also the Tito Ortiz celebration!

Last edited:
This happened literally minutes after UFC Tonight mentioned Melvin Guillard having the most KO's in the LW division.

Sweet win for Gomi but damn does he need to retire. It always amazed me how the little guy had so much KO power.

Back