Melvin lol

why didnt he do that in UUFC ?
Maybe it's because he was fighting someone who hasn't won in 8 fights. And Gomi lost in Japan right after he left the UFC as well. Gomi was 0-6 and all finished in the 1st round before this. Him and Guillard were just standing in front of each other throwing single power shots.

Glad Gomi got the win but Melvin's chin (gomi's too for that matter) must be shot because the punches that put him out didn't look like they connected that solidly.

Gomi landed three hooks to the temple and behind Guillard in less than a second (not including that hook that hit his orbital) and you're questioning the knockout?
Besides, was Guillard ever known for having a great chin? Didn't Joe Lauzon knock him down?

Gomi leg nearly gave out mid fight, would like to see him fight a fellow vet and call it a day.
This is the send-off into retirement that Gomi's career deserves/needs. Go out on a high Fireball Kid.
Both should retire, IMHO.

Fuuuuck that. Being back in Japan has motivated Gomi again. He looked better in defeat against Yachi than he had in three years just because he's motivated. He fucked up his knee mid-fight and still knocked Guillard out (the favorite, I'll add). How many of you pessimists would've thought Gomi could pull that off?
And once Gomi fixes his leg, he'll be even better. Next he'll beat Andre Dida in a classic Pride-vs.-HERO's match, then he'll avenge the loss to Kitaoka. And that will begin the streak that eventually leads to Yachi vs. Gomi II for the inaugural RIZIN lightweight belt, and Gomi won't walk into a triangle like last time.
Mark my words.

Wow, both guys are super war torn. There was a short amount of time when I thought if Melvin had pulled it together he could have been championship material. Both guys should retire IMO. I think Melvin has been KO'd a bunch.

Gomi's knee kept giving out. Nice job on the KO though.

Props to Gomi for winning despite having knees like that

spxN54.gif

Gomi has always been my fav fighter, glad to see him pick up a much needed victory! War Gomi Takanori!

Gomi landed three hooks to the temple and behind Guillard in less than a second (not including that hook that hit his orbital) and you're questioning the knockout?
Besides, was Guillard ever known for having a great chin? Didn't Joe Lauzon knock him down?

Fuuuuck that. Being back in Japan has motivated Gomi again. He looked better in defeat against Yachi than he had in three years just because he's motivated. He fucked up his knee mid-fight and still knocked Guillard out (the favorite, I'll add). How many of you pessimists would've thought Gomi could pull that off?
And once Gomi fixes his leg, he'll be even better. Next he'll beat Andre Dida in a classic Pride-vs.-HERO's match, then he'll avenge the loss to Kitaoka. And that will begin the streak that eventually leads to Yachi vs. Gomi II for the inaugural RIZIN lightweight belt, and Gomi won't walk into a triangle like last time.
Mark my words.
I hope you're trolling, because Gomi is more shot than an aging race horse.

I hope you're trolling, because Gomi is more shot than an aging race horse.

People said the same thing about Cro Cop. I've found popular opinion regarding who is and isn't "shot" to be meaningless.

Gomi KO Gillard with a broken angle.

Fucking GOAT!

OMG that was just sloppy. Watching that clip I can tell you both these guys are showing signs of brain damage.

Gomi leg nearly gave out mid fight, would like to see him fight a fellow vet and call it a day. Uno still fights although at featherweight I think that's a fight which would have been great 15 years ago maybe make that and both walk away.
That WAS a fellow vet. But you still want a little more hey?
I thought that was a great send off.

People said the same thing about Cro Cop. I've found popular opinion regarding who is and isn't "shot" to be meaningless.
I predict Crocop's gonna need a knee replacement in the not-too-distant future. His "resurgence" is due to fighting other shot fighters and not having to worry about USADA.

the OP is stupid as fuck

Both these guys need to retire ASAP. Even though I did enjoy Gomi getting minced in the UFC

OMG that was just sloppy. Watching that clip I can tell you both these guys are showing signs of brain damage.

Gomi broke his knee angle, and still got the KO.

So, STFU and watch the full fight.

Back