Melvin lol

Melvin has fallen so hard I couldnt put it past Rick Davis to come out of retirement and actually KO him in a rematch

Give Melvin a break, his old fights are awesome. Now he's fighting in Japan like anyone cares.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Gomi hits like a truck though. Power is the last thing to go.

"He kinda just put his head down and looped some fucking punch out there that smacked me...I was like what the fuck?!?!?!? There he is ....that little fucker. That little fucker hit me with a Hadukan or something. I beat his ass. But you know, that little fucker. Man that fucker is tough. I mean I hit him, but then he comes out with this karate shit and little dude can bang. I mean he fucked up my eye and shit...That's why I went to the ground and gogo'd him."
- Nick Diaz

Gomi sure loves to milk his rare wins these days. The KO looked fishy or the video frame rate was shitty and I missed seeing a good connection. Melvin was significantly less muscled and chiseled than in his heyday. I have a feeling Shinya Aoki saw that and wants to whoop Gomi's ass.
Gomi landed behind Melvin's ear. That was the one that made him fall.

Was Melvin really laid out? The fight looked like a work to me. Melvin looked like he was looking for a way for Gomi to KO him.

best LW in japan...because he beat cruickshank and a completely fucking shot gomi? LOL.
He's 11-2 in his last 13, these 2 loses were to Alexander Volkanovski (5-0 UFC) and to Koike, one of the best grapplers in the sport. No shame in that. He's 5-0 in Rizin and beat some of the top guys of JMMA, so yeah.. Yachi is probably the best lightweight in Japan.

He's 11-2 in his last 13, these 2 loses were to Alexander Volkanovski (5-0 UFC) and to Koike, one of the best grapplers in the sport. No shame in that. He's 5-0 in Rizin and beat some of the top guys of JMMA, so yeah.. Yachi is probably the best lightweight in Japan.

These losses, BTW, were at FW, not LW. He apparently drained himself there.
His career course reminds me of Dan Hooker's.

Jesus Christ that was depressing. I hope both guys are in a position that they can retire after this. I never thought I would feel anything other than elation to see Gomi get a KO win, especially over a name opponent, but that was sad on all levels.

A work? You guys probably think Eastman was faking when Michael Jordan of BJJ knocked him out. That's a perfect ko caught on the tip of the face to move the head sideaways and turn the brain down (Second Punch to Connect)... And the temple shot was good to.

Back