"McG doesn't defend."

And it's not even just the money, they were bigger challenges.
The MMA ones were

Boxing match was a money grab, the challenge of it was incidental, he would have took Floyd to the octagon and whooped him for 100mil instead of box him if it was something he thought Floyd would have the balls/stupidity to do.

Aldo Fedor Silva Gsp Jon Jones yup no one likes them. Nice cherry picking clown
You really picked Jon Jon as an example of a fighter the fans love
I love Jones but LoL

I "cherry picked" the guy that broke the record for title defenses
He's the poster boy for that, clown

UnpleasantInbornFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

HonestWhirlwindCygnet-max-1mb.gif

You really picked Jon Jon as an example of a fighter the fans love
I love Jones but LoL

I "cherry picked" the guy that broke the record for title defenses
He's the poster boy for that, clown
Jons was widely liked BEFORE he popped for roids and hit a pregnant lady AND still he has fans that want him back. And you chose one example of a manlet in a weak division. Way to omit facts and deflect my original statement carry on tool.

The MMA ones were

Boxing match was a money grab, the challenge of it was incidental, he would have took Floyd to the octagon and whooped him for 100mil instead of box him if it was something he thought Floyd would have the balls/stupidity to do.

I don't believe it was just a money grab, I think he was in it to win it. People want to point to his behavior post fight as proof that it was all a sham. I think his behavior was that of a man who was devastated but also pleasantly aware of the bright side of things...
dc.gif

Conor would get mauled by Khabib but he finishes Tony handily. He is only coming back if Tony beats Khabib

Nobody is handily finishing Tony, certainly not Conor.

Either Tony or Khaib will wreck and or maul Conor. Pressure is not Conor's friend and both of them would wear him and stop him.

I got through a few sentences but didn't bother to read your stupid ass wall of text in its entirety. I don't have any issues with him leaving that bum organization to go to the UFC without defending either belt. But this isn't 2014. This is 2018 and he's won two titles and has been stripped of both for not defending. That is the problem everyone is having. He won the LW title 17 months ago and hasn't fought in a single MMA bout since then, let alone a title defense.

Conor excels against fighters with bad defense and Tony is one of them. Conor should be a -300 favorite

No he excels against fighters who rush into his counters.
Nate has horrible defense but also walked Conor down with the high level technique of raising his forearms to his head and walking through Conor's punches. Floyd used a similar tactic at some points in their fight

Don't be surprised if Conor had a difficult time against Gaethje who melts people with his pressure and obviously those legkicks help.

Conor isn't some mythical striker the folks of Sherdog have made him out to be

I don't believe it was just a money grab, I think he was in it to win it. People want to point to his behavior post fight as proof that it was all a sham. I think his behavior was that of a man who was devastated but also pleasantly aware of the bright side of things...
View attachment 354963
You're seeing things that weren't there then, lol. He was super happy after his KO loss. He was all smiles, promoting his whiskey brand, chopping it up with Mayweather, etc...

He knew he didn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Mayweather, but his stupid ass fans took the bait, hook, line and sinker. All those stupid ass 49-1 empty posts on Sherdog, UG, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. is proof of that.

Yes. He does not defend. Just like sky is blue. It is a fact. Stop living in denial.

Now if you want to debate how good he is, i have no issues because he is a great fighter that is fun to watch.

But you will not convince anyone outside of your nuthugging reality.

GSP did it right - if you're not going to defend, vacate. If mcgreggy vacated FW or LW, folks would be happy. Imagine the Astros putting the world series on hold to play cricket.

Didn't read. Has been stripped of 2 titles due to inactivity when hes been healthy. Should've rematched aldo. Shouldve went back and defended the 45 belt after nate tapped him, but he rage quit and retired till he got a rematch. Went on maternity leave for some bullshit reason when there was a list of killers waiting at LW. You can sugarcoat it and try to decipher it all you want but he has 4 titles. And 0 title defenses . And 2 got stripped. These are facts.
Lots wrong with your post:

1. Didn't read, yet responded anyway. I'm sure you're here to learn or educate. Of course I'm being sarcastic; how can you learn if you're unwilling to read? How can you educate if you haven't read and understood the other person's position?

2. Being healthy is good. Injuring oneself is bad. As of yet, he's only been "stripped" of the FW title. That's 1 title, not 2. He was very active during that time period, just not in that division. And most importantly, despite being stripped, he remained champion.

3. Should've rematched Aldo because it was a quick fight and he was a long-reigning champ. Should've fought Edgar because he was the #1 contender and an interesting style matchup. Should've fought for the LW title because he had an opportunity to do so in a sport where champs never take that opportunity. There are lots of fights he should've taken. But there was only one he could take. And I think time has shown that he made the correct decision in picking a LW title shot over easy fights against Aldo or Edgar.

4. See above. Should've done lots of things, but could only pick one. He chose the best option again IMO, in picking Nate.

5. "Rage quit"? How old are you? You use words that suggest you're pathetic. But if we look behind your words at your meaning you don't look good either; rematching a guy who just finished him was hardly "quitting". Contrast what he did to what Ronda Rousey did.

6. Conor had the rematch before he retired. He retired as part of a power play in order to have fewer media obligations. And guess what? he won, and had less media to do after the fight was re-signed.

7. What better reason is there to go on "maternity" or paternity leave, than being a parent? I want you to give me a better reason. As far as I can tell it's the only reason. The clue is in the word; it wouldn't even be paternity leave if it wasn't about being a parent. Anyway, he never actually went on leave; he's been in fight-to-fight negotiations every fight since Mendes, and this was part of that. He was saying "they have to pay me to fight because I have other interests".

8...4 titles. 0 defenses. 2 times stripped. All just stats. Some not true. Stats are just a tool to review reality. Reality is what it is regardless of the stats. And the reality is that Conor McGregor is the best despite your stats.

Last edited:
because he doesn't defends or has the intention to do so; he's just for the cash and whatever long ass post you make TS won't change the fact he wants things easy.

If you defend him for not defending his UFC LW title you're probably a nut hugger

If you hate on him for not defending his Cage Warriors titles you're probably a hater

There is the line

Defending his cage warriors titles would have been incredibly stupid. There is also no excuse for not defending his LW title

Just to clarify, Conor hasn't officially been stripped yet of the LW title (as far as I know)... but he will be once the Tony/Khabib fight starts. Hypothetically, if Conor does officially sign to defend against the winner ten minutes before the opening bell, then what???

Truth be told, I fully and 100% expect this to happen but late enough where Tony or Khabib can do or say almost nothing about it short of both fighters refusing to participate in the main event at equally last minute.

Does Khabib/Tony NOT be for the Undisputed title anymore?

Does the UFC turn into a complete farce and have 2 simultaneous undisputed LW champions?

Does the Interim Championship become the belt being defending against someone who's not the Undisputed Champion while that champ sits idle and healthy?

View attachment 354963
He was trying to win but it was still a money grab

It can be both a challenge and a money grab, they don't have to cancel each other out but one clearly outweighed the other.

Back