Mayberry Weight Cutting Crew Official Thread (summer cutters gtfih)

I stated the 40 minutes as what an average person does for cardio, it's pretty clear what my example was intended for, dont twist my words.

Your words are your words and you are entitled to them , even if they are incorrect.

You can receive plenty of benefit by running for 40 minutes. Would a 40 minute 10k be a useless pussy workout? 6.2 miles at 6:20 pace is a very solid effort for an average Joe and demonstrates excellent cardiovascular health.

You just wanted to make a sweeping hyperbolic generalization for dramatic affect as people are want to do , I probably shoulda just let you do that instead of harping on it . Sweep on brother!

lol it's fuckin mid may you goofs. granted I can't talk shit because I balooned back up but at least I was well on my way into a cut.
I'm not cutting for summer.. I'm just cutting to get back to 180.. it's been quite a while. but once I get to around 190 I should be severely aesthetic. Then another 10 pounds to see what happens. Ripped to death will be an understatement.

I'm not cutting for summer.. I'm just cutting to get back to 180.. it's been quite a while. but once I get to around 190 I should be severely aesthetic. Then another 10 pounds to see what happens. Ripped to death will be an understatement.
how tall are you? you're not cutting for the time of the year when your body will be seen the most?

What weight are you bulking to?
I was a skinny little prick until this time last year (i guess i still am compared to alot of you guys). I never really had a goal in mind, just to put on as much as possible while still staying reasonably lean. I've packed on about 15kg since.

lol it's fuckin mid may you goofs. granted I can't talk shit because I balooned back up but at least I was well on my way into a cut.
I'll give it to the end of the month then i'll work to get my abs back come festival time:p

I cut down to 176 last summer. Was lean as fk. Winter weight was 205.
Right now I have dropped to 186 and the goal is to get back to the 170's for summer again.

IIFYM is fine for weight loss but not for optimal health. All calories are not created equally. Think I'm going to hop on the keto train as well. I need some hormone restoration after a couple runs on the bike.

I'll disagree with you here.

IIFYM isn't about eating anything want, which seems to be the misconception.

It's about being smart with what you eat and being able to manage calories.

Yes, you would be dumb to consume your total budget of carbs with a big bowl of ice cream. Though I'll sometimes have a small bowl, depending on what I've eaten that day. The concept of the program is that you can theoretically eat what you want, but you shouldn't. Why? Because some foods fill you up more with few calories that others.

If you screw up and blow a bunch of calories on shitty foods, like pizza or hamburgers... You're probably not going to make your budget for the day because you're going to be starving later in the day and you'll end up way over later.

However, if I plan on having a "bad" day, like a Crawfish Boil Party with plenty of beer, I'll try to work around it by cutting calories the day before and after. I'll also go for a long morning run too... Anything I can to minimize the impact.

I've always ate a lot and I always seem hungry. So, in every meal, I try to add filler foods, like salads or other vegetables. But I also have some kind of meat... because I love meat. Chicken, turkey, steak, fish... But I always weigh those foods because of how many calories there have.

I've been tracking calories with diet and exercise since around August, using MyFitnessPal. On my cardio and gym days, I'll give myself about 1/2 the extra calories from exercise. I always track calories, even on bad days. Just for the knowledge alone it's worth it, even if I completely blow my budget for the day.

It's worked pretty well, I've lost 50lbs since then and gone from 30%+ bodyfat to somewhere between 15%-20%.

Progress has really slowed lately, so I'm going to have to tighten my diet up I think, if I want to lose more.

Last edited:
~190-195 lbs here
FB_IMG_1495046957168-picsay.jpg

~205 lbs here
FB_IMG_1495046901543-picsay.jpg

~220 lbs here (With the beast, Mike O'hearn)
FB_IMG_1495046989742-picsay.jpg

Don't cut back on the food. Ramp up the activity levels.

If you don't want to stop eating, you're not going to stop eating. The only foolproof way to avoid temptations is to not be exposed to them and food is everywhere so that's going to be tough.

On the other hand, if you increase the amount of physical activities you involve yourself in, you won't have the time to overeat and you'll hopefully be working off the weight to some degree.

Can't really tell the difference between 190 and 220 because of the dark shirt but I see your jaw is more defined at 190 for sure.
Right now I'm on that fat jaw time. Can't wait to get down below 200 again. It is going to be a glorious time!

Don't cut back on the food. Ramp up the activity levels.

If you don't want to stop eating, you're not going to stop eating. The only foolproof way to avoid temptations is to not be exposed to them and food is everywhere so that's going to be tough.

On the other hand, if you increase the amount of physical activities you involve yourself in, you won't have the time to overeat and you'll hopefully be working off the weight to some degree.

can't outrun a bad diet.

Back