Mayberry Weight Cutting Crew Official Thread (summer cutters gtfih)

IIFYM is fine for weight loss but not for optimal health. All calories are not created equally. Think I'm going to hop on the keto train as well. I need some hormone restoration after a couple runs on the bike.
What is your plan? Under 50g of carbs a day then a refeed on like sunday?

Also, drink water in abundance! This helps in weight loss a ton.

Also hit it quick and hit it hard. Short and intense cardio is more effective and takes less time. Still people love to be on the treadmill for 40 minutes at a time bc theyre pussies whod rather do something easy for a long time than something difficult for a little.

Hiit is great and all , and I do sprints twice a week or so as well as slower running. But I'd love to see you try and hang with some of endurance athletes I know , a 1:13 half marathon guy and and another dude that just won his age group at the Boston marathon( which aint no small feat) come to mind . " pussy " is not the word that I associate with cranking out sub 6 minute miles one after another , especially for a layperson. Those dudes are tremendously fit and do plenty of suffering.

people have different goals and different disciplines , Doesn't make someone a pussy to take a different approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiit is great and all , and I do sprints twice a week or so as well as slower running. But I'd love to see you try and hang with some of endurance athletes I know , a 1:13 half marathon guy and and another dude that just won his age group at the Boston marathon( which aint no small feat) come to mind . " pussy " is not the word that comes to mind when you're cranking out sub 6 minute miles one after another.

people have different goals and different disciplines , Doesn't make someone a pussy to take a different approach.
Yea no shit a marathon is hard, way to take my words out of context bozo

Hiit is great and all , and I do sprints twice a week or so as well as slower running. But I'd love to see you try and hang with some of endurance athletes I know , a 1:13 half marathon guy and and another dude that just won his age group at the Boston marathon( which aint no small feat) come to mind . " pussy " is not the word that I associate with cranking out sub 6 minute miles one after another , especially for a layperson. Those dudes are tremendously fit and do plenty of suffering.

I think/hope he meant that marathon runners look like pussies. Obvi their level if endurance/fitness is pretty domo but they just look kinda beta as fire.

Yea no shit a marathon is hard, way to take my words out of context bozo

well , you insinuated( actually flat out said....but I digress) that the only reason someone would run for 40 minute is because they are a pussy .

I'm only saying that a 40 minute tempo run at say 5:40 pace aint no pussy shit. Hell it aint pussy if youre regular schmoe and 7:30's hurt either.

I think/hope he meant that marathon runners look like pussys. Obvi their level if endurance/fitness is pretty domo but they just look kinda beta as fire.

Most do , at the pro level partiparticularly. The guy I know that won his age group at Boston though, that dude is a freak . He's in his 50's and I'd guess about 6'1 or 6'2 as he's about eyeball to eyeball with me , and probably 180lbs , which is huge for distance runner of his ability. He did run the 800 in college though and I'm pretty sure was in the 1:40s ....obviously has exceptional natural ability.

Most do , at the pro level partiparticularly. The guy I know that won his age group at Boston though, that dude is a freak . He's in his 50's and I'd guess about 6'1 or 6'2 as he's about eyeball to eyeball with me , and probably 180lbs , which is huge for distance runner of his ability. He did run the 800 in college though and I'm pretty sure was in the 1:40s ....obviously has exceptional natural ability.
That's dominant! Is he athletic and explosive or more of the intelligent athlete with a lot of heart?

IIFYM is fine for weight loss but not for optimal health. All calories are not created equally. Think I'm going to hop on the keto train as well. I need some hormone restoration after a couple runs on the bike.
Well, all calories are created equally. A calorie is just a unit of measure of energy. The macronutrients that comprise each calorie is what differentiates them. Calories from fat, calories from glucose, calories from protein.

That's dominant! Is he athletic and explosive or more of the intelligent athlete with a lot of heart?

Well , he's not explosive. Anyone that can grind out 2 hrs and change of hard running has " heart " . I've done a few , and not close to that level ( my best marathon race pace was 7:10 minutes per mile) and that shit is painful and protracted. You gotta be willing to feel like you're gonna die and run the last 4 -6 miles while doing so.

Well, all calories are created equally. A calorie is just a unit of measure of energy. The macronutrients that comprise each calorie is what differentiates them. Calories from fat, calories from glucose, calories from protein.

That's right!

1g of fat = 9cals
1g of carb or protein = 4cals

Well, they're actually not. Calories from sugar tend to accumulate around the midsection more often than calories from other sources.

Well, they're actually not. Calories from sugar tend to accumulate around the midsection more often than calories from other sources.
Isn't that more just genetics on where fat stores on the body, not the type of calorie it is?

well , you insinuated( actually flat out said....but I digress) that the only reason someone would run for 40 minute is because they are a pussy .

I'm only saying that a 40 minute tempo run at say 5:40 pace aint no pussy shit. Hell it aint pussy if youre regular schmoe and 7:30's hurt either.
I stated the 40 minutes as what an average person does for cardio, it's pretty clear what my example was intended for, dont twist my words.

That's because of the macronutrients in sugar, not the calories themselves. With sugar, you get a massive glucose dump that your body can't process into ATP for usage all at once, so that extra energy is stored as fat. Whole wheat pasta breaks down less efficiently, so it can be burned as fuel as it breaks down. Sugar is too efficient for its own good. It's also why a glucose-starved athlete like a pro MMA fighter during a weigh-in might benefit from eating a sugar packet if they're a half pound under the weight limit. They can start getting glucose into their bodies quickly so that they can recover from the weight cut before the fight. Anyways, the glucose issue isn't a reflection of the calories themselves because, after all, it's just a measurement of potential energy. :)

Isn't that more just genetics on where fat stores on the body, not the type of calorie it is?

No, that's not what I'm talking about. Yeah some people have genetics where their body likes to store calories around the midsection.

But specifically, it has been demonstrated that sugar calories will accumulate around the mid-section more than other calories.

It's just the body's chemistry, so yeah, you can attribute this to genetics in the sense that it's part of our evolutionary development.

That's because of the macronutrients in sugar, not the calories themselves. With sugar, you get a massive glucose dump that your body can't process into ATP for usage all at once, so that extra energy is stored as fat. Whole wheat pasta breaks down less efficiently, so it can be burned as fuel as it breaks down. Sugar is too efficient for its own good. It's also why a glucose-starved athlete like a pro MMA fighter during a weigh-in might benefit from eating a sugar packet if they're a half pound under the weight limit. They can start getting glucose into their bodies quickly so that they can recover from the weight cut before the fight. Anyways, the glucose issue isn't a reflection of the calories themselves because, after all, it's just a measurement of potential energy. :)

Right... calories are just a measurement of energy. But obviously the source of those calories have major differences.

chicken and broccoli for lunch today boyos

...with a small side of my coworkers left over fries

Back