Max made weight

Obviously, he never hasn't. Not sure why this is a big deal.

People started making a big deal about his weight back when he offered to fight Khabib at short notice, but had no chance at making 155 in such a short time.

YES!! I cant wait for this fight man im so pumped up. Ortega better bring his balls cause Max is gonna put a good beating on him and he better not break too quickly; we want a nice fight.

Max Holloway made weight, we got the new trailer for Avengers 4: End Game, and Mortal Kombat 11 just dropped a trailer as well.

This is the best kind of Friday I could ask for, and it's only 10. Dare I say this day is....
Blessed.

What two? The one on a weeks notice and what other one was from cutting weight?
frankie max was set for the card that ortega sent frankie flying of his feet.

giphy.gif

second max tried to save a card and fight khabib and got pulled from it for being too heavy when cutting weight.

third ortega vs max and max got pulled for blurry vision and what not (they cited weight cutting reasons at the time), but i think max had blurry vision because he was legit shaking with fear to face ortega.

finally this fight happens.

tenor.gif

Looked super slender, like a malnourished 3rd world country kid

Not sure why so many ppl in this thread think so. I guess if you are not super frail and shaking its considered "good" these days <Lmaoo>
Ortega looked like an underfed runway model waif. Max looked like a short term POW / naked and afraid 21 day challenge finisher. Should be a good fight!

Max Holloway made weight, we got the new trailer for Avengers 4: End Game, and Mortal Kombat 11 just dropped a trailer as well.

This is the best kind of Friday I could ask for, and it's only 10. Dare I say this day is....
Blessed.
Fan of Max , Mortal Combat and Avengers .
you sir are a Man of great Tastes

khabib fight right?

whats the reasoning for pulling out of the ortega fight, other than being straight up shook?
Lol at him being shook. This is his easiest fight since he fought aloe vera. He fought Aldo in Brazil and then fought him again followed by trying to fight khabib, a guy no one wants to fight, and he tried on a weeks notice.

And based off of all of the info out there, it sounds like he had some lingering concussion symptoms. It started a week before the fight and he wasn’t even cutting water yet when he started showing those symptoms. Slurred speech and looking like you’re in slow motion aren’t weight cutting issues at a time when you’re actually loading up on water.

I like Ortega but his only hope in this fight is a Hail Mary sub which isn’t likely. His “getting beat up until he pulls out a win” thing he’s had going isn’t gonna work against max. Max has been destroying way better fighters then Ortega and will likely do the same tomorrow.

But Sherdog's local Doctors told me he couldn't make Featherweight anymore???
giphy.gif

Who said that? I haven't seen anyone saying that.

Also, what's with the Holloway weight concern anyway? Tell me one time the guy didn't make weight besides the Khabib fight. Which, I'm almost certain something fishy went on with that fight and the UFC pulled the plug on it. Why have Max's confidence wrecked and a popular champions reputation lost over a smashing from Khabib. I think Iaquinta put on a better performance then Max ever could.

Lol at him being shook. This is his easiest fight since he fought aloe vera. He fought Aldo in Brazil and then fought him again followed by trying to fight khabib, a guy no one wants to fight, and he tried on a weeks notice.

And based off of all of the info out there, it sounds like he had some lingering concussion symptoms. It started a week before the fight and he wasn’t even cutting water yet when he started showing those symptoms. Slurred speech and looking like you’re in slow motion aren’t weight cutting issues at a time when you’re actually loading up on water.

I like Ortega but his only hope in this fight is a Hail Mary sub which isn’t likely. His “getting beat up until he pulls out a win” thing he’s had going isn’t gonna work against max. Max has been destroying way better fighters then Ortega and will likely do the same tomorrow.

You're saying it's concussion related but Max and his camp are saying they are doing an investigation into him being drugged... so no.... all evidence does not point to his "being concussed".

Max tko 4th round.
You're giving Ortega too much credit...Swanson was teeing off on him...Max is more savvy and technical...I hope Ortega's chin holds up well...he could win this if he gets the clinch.

lol max got his hands full and more with ortega. you gotta be kidding me saying this is his easiest fight.

aldo is well past his prime, im actually surprised he beat stephens, i thought jeremy was gonna knock him out. that was really surprising to say the least. ortega would handle aldo easily, he would catch aldo in the pocket with some short strike and jump on him or snatch a sub real quick.

that lingering symptoms you are saying is the process of being shook, max was scared from the start once the fight was set, as it got closer each day he simply got more scared. he wanted none of ortega, and i am pleasantly surprised he made weight today because ortega will demolish him come fight night.

ortega has more tools at his expense than max does, i mean max got taken down by fucking conor of all fighters. you think a grappler like ortega wouldnt be able to drag him to the ground in a flash? you gotta be kidding me. ortegas chin is grade a, his striking is much more crisper and tighter and not like a rock em sock em robot game. his bjj is second to none in the divison. so where is it what holloway is better than ortega at? legit please tell me.

as for competition. minus aldo, you think guys like stephens, lamas and pettis are better than frankie and cub? you gotta be joking right?

You're saying it's concussion related but Max and his camp are saying they are doing an investigation into him being drugged... so no.... all evidence does not point to his "being concussed".
he wasnt drugged. thats a coverup for max being scared off ortega.

My man has always looked sooooo gaunt for 145 weigh ins. Move up to 155 and fill out that frame a bit and he will be a top 5 lw immediately.
Hmmmm..... do I wanna be champ at 145 and ppv points or do I wanna be a top 5 guy at 155 and just make my guaranteed purse? Man idk that's a tough decision!

He looks so bad. Probably the worst cut of his life.

White is right. He should move up.

Anyway, regardless of any of that, Ortega new champion.

Back