Max made weight

People saying he looks bad but he’s a naturally lean guy, prob weighs about 165-168lbs on fight night so dropping 10-15 lbs is gonig to look worse on him than someone who’s more chunky.

I won't stop being skeptical till he actually makes it to the cage tomorrow. Anything can happen between now and then if the CTE issues he was dealing with are lingering.

BTW - I could have been hearing things but didn't he say he was dealing with undiagnosed depression and was not aware he had it. That could be some of the CTE symptoms or the cause of his odd (in the sense they are unsure what caused his odd behaviour before the Khabby fight) issues.

That said, if he is healthy I think he'll school the living hell outta Ortega and stop him in the 4th - Ortega's size will help him survive but Max's skills and ability to adapt should pull this off for him (provided he is as close to 100% as is possible for him).

For real....

I hope this is his last fight at 145.
Think Uncle Dana won't let Max fight @145lbs anymore after this fight. 155lb Max should be exciting to watch tho

Holloway has never ever missed weight. He is skinny in person. I don't know where this nonsense comes from that he is too big lol

tenor.gif

Looked super slender, like a malnourished 3rd world country kid

Not sure why so many ppl in this thread think so. I guess if you are not super frail and shaking its considered "good" these days <Lmaoo>
Because if you look at his 212 & 218 weigh ins he looks basically dead

He looks so bad. Probably the worst cut of his life.

White is right. He should move up.

Anyway, regardless of any of that, Ortega new champion.
See his UFC 218 weight cut if you think this is his worst cut.He definitely looked better here than he did at UFC 218.

lol max got his hands full and more with ortega. you gotta be kidding me saying this is his easiest fight.

aldo is well past his prime, im actually surprised he beat stephens, i thought jeremy was gonna knock him out. that was really surprising to say the least. ortega would handle aldo easily, he would catch aldo in the pocket with some short strike and jump on him or snatch a sub real quick.

that lingering symptoms you are saying is the process of being shook, max was scared from the start once the fight was set, as it got closer each day he simply got more scared. he wanted none of ortega, and i am pleasantly surprised he made weight today because ortega will demolish him come fight night.

ortega has more tools at his expense than max does, i mean max got taken down by fucking conor of all fighters. you think a grappler like ortega wouldnt be able to drag him to the ground in a flash? you gotta be kidding me. ortegas chin is grade a, his striking is much more crisper and tighter and not like a rock em sock em robot game. his bjj is second to none in the divison. so where is it what holloway is better than ortega at? legit please tell me.

as for competition. minus aldo, you think guys like stephens, lamas and pettis are better than frankie and cub? you gotta be joking right?
how upset are you going to be when max wins ? Max will never get rocked and dropped by clay fucking guida just saying

how upset are you going to be when max wins ?
Bout tree fiddy. But that won’t happen.

Max is scared off Ortega. Last time they were scheduled to fight he was shaking his head so fast saying he had blurry vision.

He pulled all the cards to not Ortega

Bout tree fiddy. But that won’t happen.

Max is scared off Ortega. Last time they were scheduled to fight he was shaking his head so fast saying he had blurry vision.

He pulled all the cards to not Ortega
pulled all the cards yet hes fighting him lol I mean he tried to take a fight with khabib so yeah . You base this off nothing . Kind of weird to claim a pro mma fighter is scared to do his job

But Sherdog's local Doctors told me he couldn't make Featherweight anymore???
giphy.gif
"It is what it is".

mw-cover-122816-holloway-lt035-800x532.jpg

khabib fight right?

whats the reasoning for pulling out of the ortega fight, other than being straight up shook?
He wanted to give Brain time to get affairs in order.
Max Holloway made weight, we got the new trailer for Avengers 4: End Game, and Mortal Kombat 11 just dropped a trailer as well.

This is the best kind of Friday I could ask for, and it's only 10. Dare I say this day is....
Blessed.

DC-Cain.jpg

Last edited:
Who said that? I haven't seen anyone saying that.

Also, what's with the Holloway weight concern anyway? Tell me one time the guy didn't make weight besides the Khabib fight. Which, I'm almost certain something fishy went on with that fight and the UFC pulled the plug on it. Why have Max's confidence wrecked and a popular champions reputation lost over a smashing from Khabib. I think Iaquinta put on a better performance then Max ever could.
You must have not been around then, I was literally attempting to diffuse this narrative left and right personally. Biggest waste of my life ever. This place is a cesspool at times.

Max Halloway makes me sick...I hate his personality, his stupid smirk and his periodically screaming like a retard.

He looks so bad. Probably the worst cut of his life.

White is right. He should move up.

Anyway, regardless of any of that, Ortega new champion.

Ortega looked worse, if Max is forced to move up I fail to see why Ortega shouldn't be the same. Ortega clearly cuts more weight than Max.

Both looked pretty bad to be fair but if they can still rehydrate and perform well that's all that matters come fight night, I still wish something could be done about these weight cuts.I wish they would weigh them before they step into the octagon, have a scale literally at the cage door so the crowd and everybody watching can see, at least the weight bullies would get exposed publicly, Nobody wants the stigma of being known as a weight bully.

Grats on doing his job.... Must've been hard for him to do something he was supposed to for once.

Compared to his last fight, he looked good at this weigh in lol. Last time he looked like they were forcing him to stand straight after they tortured him with starvation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back