Matt "The Immortal" Brown to retire after fighting Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120

Matt Brown went way farther than I ever expected, he put up a good fight against Lawler when Lawler went on that run of violence. He ran into some beastly dudes down the stretch though. One of the few fighters I'd check to see when he fought so I wouldn't miss a good scrap.

Good choice, good timing, great heart, great warrior

Had some awesome fights.

Got to hang out with him at a Nutrition Depot fitness expo.

Hopefully he made enough appearances that UFC paid him well enough to have a decent retirement.

Retirement fight should have been against Jeremy May

Best of luck, Matt

And big thanks for destroying Erick Silva the way you did

I never liked Brown. He always looked like a douchebag for me.

Still hope he puts Diego out of his suffering.

Thanks for the amazing fights Matt, it was an honor to watch you give it all out there.

Good for him.

And fuck the UFC for even letting Diego take another fight. Especially against someone like Brown

Respect to the man, his fight against Erick Silva is one of my favorite fights ever.

He had some steam for awhile, damn shame i always liked seeing him fight.

Come on Diego has long lost any brain cells for game planning or even a strategic ground game. He will try to slug it out with Brown like always and if Brown has any technical skill left will be used as a punch dummy all night.

Or maybe he couldn't secure takedowns against smaller, faster opposition and had to resort to striking.. dirty has permafried his mind with all the damage from punches, but he'd take it to the ground and finish every fight there if given the option. He can take Matt down and give him trouble.

Back