Matt "The Immortal" Brown to retire after fighting Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120

I just bought tickets to that event this morning. Will be bitter sweet seeing him throw down one last time. I'll bet he leaves it all in there & that fight will be an absolute war.

giphy.gif

One of my favorite fighters that I've supported through up and downs.

I will support this decision as well. War Matt Brown as always!

That dude moved forward in every fight.

I bet he cant even back up in a car.

I hope it's a war respect both guys one last slug fest.

People that dont enjoy watching someone straight up DIE

Come on, perry isn't great, but that doesn't mean that he'd die if he fought a guy like brown. Brown is on the downslide, perry might have a few moments of success against him before getting stopped.
Don't underestimate perry because of the horrible trolls that talk about him. He would have a chance of making it to a decision against brown.

Damn. Guess it's time and it's not appropriate to ask for more when he's given so much. I sure am bummed to know this will be his last fight though. Hope Immortal can go out with a win, will be pulling for him...
070615-UFC-Matt-Brown-pi-ssm.vresize.1200.675.high_.30.jpg

WAR Brown!

Diego always did well with taller, rangier, opponents. He has a better ground game than brown but will come up short if he tries to stand with him for too long, especially know that his iron jaw is cracked.

Come on Diego has long lost any brain cells for game planning or even a strategic ground game. He will try to slug it out with Brown like always and if Brown has any technical skill left will be used as a punch dummy all night.

Smart choice getting out. I don't think his brain can take much more.

Absolute savage with a heart as big as they come.

That run he went on was something to see. Wish the Condit fight would have panned out.

Damn, Brown retiring... Lauzon has been talking about it too.... there aren't too many like them these days. He will be missed, what a fuckin warrior.

Loved his style of fighting. He always brought it

Fuck, Matt Brown will always be a favorite of mine. Tough tough man, mentally and physically.

The Immortal is one of those true fighters out there. Same breed as Lawler and Liddell. Will be missed, but it's his time to hang up the gloves. He's been throwing hands for a long time now.

A fighter announces his retirement!

His retirement will last a couple months and then he'll be suddenly interested in another opponent.

There needs to be some kind of rule about announcing retirement that means you can't accept another fight for a long period of time afterwards. It's just annoying and false advertising really.

Back