Matt Hughes involved in car accident with a train, airlifted to hospital

I've said in the past that eventually MMA as a sport will have aged to the point where early fighters start suffering CTE and committing suicide or shooting up their family etc. That's why the Fertitas got the hell out.

I don't want to speculate but I hope that's not what happened here.

Yeah don't speculate but put it in a very heavily trafficked thread
:rolleyes:

I cud never understand how u get hit by a train if it's not suicide
Isn't there like flashing lights and crossing bars that come down etc. Plus a whole lot of space. Mind you this did happen like 10am, so I doubt he was drunk

Flashing lights, yes, but not all have the bars. Shit, I'm not even sure if they all have the lights.

Anything could've happened. Could've been drowsy and not paying attention. Could've tried to beat the train. Might've taken his eyes off the road for a second or two. Could've been texting...

On the surface, it seems unlikely unless it was purposeful, but easily avoidable accidents happen everyday.

Flashing lights, yes, but not all have the bars. Shit, I'm not even sure if they all have the lights.

Anything could've happened. Could've been drowsy and not paying attention. Could've tried to beat the train. Might've taken his eyes off the road for a second or two. Could've been texting...

On the surface, it seems unlikely unless it was purposeful, but easily avoidable accidents happen everyday.
The crossing Hughes got hit at only had the crossbuck sign. No lights or gates. Hughes would have been coming towards the camera in the picture, the train from the left. There's a turn about 50 yards west of the crossing, it would have been hard not to see the train, but maybe he thought he could beat it. Unless he crept onto the tracks intentionally and the engineer saw it or it was recorded on camera, we might never get a good answer about why it happened.

2a849940-3b72-4b78-ad71-73de35373689-large16x9_HUGHESPIC.jpg

That's some scary shit. They should require them at every crossing

They balance the probability of an accident and the impact with the safety measures. It's on a low traffic farm road, so the probability of an accident is low. And not to make light of Hughes, but one death is probably considered a pretty low impact. There isn't likely to be a big bus full of people, or a tanker full of hazardous crap on that road. If it were in a city, with a train every 20 minutes and cars constantly passing over, they wouldn't just have lights and gates, they'd have a grade separation. On an isolated country road, it's not worth it to put up a lot of safety equipment for a minor accident that will likely never happen.

I love that Matt Hughes is going to be able to say he got hit by a train and lived to tell about it! #countryboystrength

The crossing Hughes got hit at only had the crossbuck sign. No lights or gates. Hughes would have been coming towards the camera in the picture, the train from the left. There's a turn about 50 yards west of the crossing, it would have been hard not to see the train, but maybe he thought he could beat it. Unless he crept onto the tracks intentionally and the engineer saw it or it was recorded on camera, we might never get a good answer about why it happened.

2a849940-3b72-4b78-ad71-73de35373689-large16x9_HUGHESPIC.jpg

Wow. No way anyone wouldn't see that train coming. He must have tried to beat it. I'm sure he's done it successfully in the past.

WTF is wrong with you?

I'm someone that doesn't differentiate between animal and human life..only cold heart assholes do that...animals have families, not just humans...why is it ok to kill animals, but not humans?

hey dumb fuck, do a bit of research and look up where all of the conservation money for our parks and forests comes from in america (hint: it's not from limp wristed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: vegans)

So, killing endangered animals is supposed to help them? hahaha

Any word on his wife's condition? They said she was in there with him right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back