Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has there ever been inventory for your squadmates beyond ME1?

Also Bioware has had tons of glitches in almos all its games. Im not defending the current entry but theres some clear nostalgia going on. Me1-3 were far from perfect

Whats weird is its been 5 years since the last ME yet the game seems rushed

The thing with MEA is its just constant glitches and performance issues especially on multiplayer. I am about halfway through a ME3 play through and there are nowhere near the problems it feels and looks much better.

Kind of weird this is getting ripped to shreds when other recent open world games have a lot of the same "problems" like poorly animated npcs, lots of grind, loads and loads of fetch quests, extremely formulaic design. Also, none of those games have that sweet, sweet multiplayer.

Launch very soon, I'm hyped. Nvidia put up new drivers if you're on PC.

that's fair, like.. the game is being held to a different standard

can you think of some examples of what you mean?

7.7/10 by IGN

Granted its IGN who's always very lenient, but still. I want to believe, lol

dan stapleton is notoriously tough on games i think.. the way he talks the entire video i expected a 6/10.. surprised he went 7.7

one thing about review scores.. they're kinda nonsense. like, a 2 hour indie can get a 10/10, but a sprawling epic with some flaws can be 6/10... they shouldn't be judged on the same scale

hell, do it like gymnastics, haha. difficulty of the routine = complexity of the game.. and then score it from there

so a huge game with some flaws might get.. 9/15, and a perfect little experience like journey can be 5/5.. hehe.

That video almost brought me to tears, in a good way lol.

I'm just hoping that's an intentional glitch done on PC....

Nope it's legit. The cloning glitch happened in Giantbombs quick look too. Several funny glitches happened. Some random character on the Tempest named Gil was glitched out and frozen backwards. Jeff made a yuge funny joke about him miming as a bartender lmao.

I saw a ton of texture pop in too. They were playing on a PS4 Pro too right until the very end when Jeff played some MP on the One, cause of EA access.

When has there ever been inventory for your squadmates beyond ME1?

Also Bioware has had tons of glitches in almos all its games. Im not defending the current entry but theres some clear nostalgia going on. Me1-3 were far from perfect

Whats weird is its been 5 years since the last ME yet the game seems rushed

i meant that in regards to the streamlined effect.. in ME:2 you still had a lot of control over your squadmates; you could change which weapons they used.. then switch between them on the fly.. and you could control their abilities... which effectively made them your own (in fact, when you'd pause and do like, a biotic teammate's PUSH, it was based on your own sight line, not theirs)

So happy to see this game getting absolutely fucking trash in the reviews

Fuck you Bioware LOL

dan stapleton is notoriously tough on games i think.. the way he talks the entire video i expected a 6/10.. surprised he went 7.7

one thing about review scores.. they're kinda nonsense. like, a 2 hour indie can get a 10/10, but a sprawling epic with some flaws can be 6/10... they shouldn't be judged on the same scale

hell, do it like gymnastics, haha. difficulty of the routine = complexity of the game.. and then score it from there

so a huge game with some flaws might get.. 9/15, and a perfect little experience like journey can be 5/5.. hehe.

Damage control ENGAGE !

Damage control ENGAGE !

sorry, i don't follow

did it sound like i was making excuses for the game? i'm not. i am cancelling my preorder and waiting a few months to see if patches improve things

You cant make this shit up

h6eiv64ed1ly.png

Did anyone test this game?

it really feels like EA rushed this out to get some Q1 sales or something. i don't get it. push it to june or something, there's soooo much competition right now, anyway...

sorry, i don't follow

did it sound like i was making excuses for the game? i'm not. i am cancelling my preorder and waiting a few months to see if patches improve things

I think he's saying the cucks at IGN are covering for Bioware by overrating the game and giving it a more the generous score then it deserves.

Maybe some people just don't get as worked up about technical issues as others.

it really feels like EA rushed this out to get some Q1 sales or something. i don't get it. push it to june or something, there's soooo much competition right now, anyway...

It's been I development for almost 5 years. No way EA let's that happen. I suggested this game needed more polish but I think it was @method115 or @ThulsaDooom who said they are a business and they want to make a profit off the game. The budget was already to high. Honestly I think they should have just cut some content and not try to do to much. It's like they tried to have everything and the kitchen sink and they bit off more then they could chew and went over budget or time deadline.

It's been I development for almost 5 years. No way EA let's that happen. I suggested this game needed more polish but I think it was @method115 or @ThulsaDooom who said they are a business and they want to make a profit off the game. The budget was already to high. Honestly I think they should have just cut some content and not try to do to much. It's like they tried to have everything and the kitchen sink and they bit off more then they could chew and went over budget or time deadline.

Seemingly a common pitfall in game development, trying to be cutting edge on everything and trying to do too much. I read a lot about the collapse of 3D realms during the development of Duke Nukem Forever and it sounds like the director went nuts, trying to continuously improve the game by adding new features every month. Programmers working on it said that any time a game came out from a competitor with some new little effect, like rain, or footprints in snow or something minor like that the boss would say "I like that. Add that to our game." And that shit just went on and on so the game never got finished till 3D realms went under and gearbox took over.

You can't make a white elephant of a video game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-review-roundup/1100-6448825/

Getting torn to shreds. And if you played the EA access you'd know why. I'll probably still buy it and tough through hoping it will get better just because I feel like playing something new but they fucked up on this one

I dunno if I'd call what appears to be an aggregate score of around 75 "torn to shreds".

Seems like it's good, but doesn't reach the lofty heights of its predecessors. I have to say it's sort of funny that some of the lowest reviews are from gamespot and IGN, two sites that are constantly lambasted for their lack of trustworthiness, but when it's a low score for something when people have already sharpened the pitchforks and oiled the torches it's "See! SEEEEE!"

One complaint I have seen that seems to run through all the reviews from GameSpots to independent people is they are annoyed with the user interface.

Seemingly a common pitfall in game development, trying to be cutting edge on everything and trying to do too much. I read a lot about the collapse of 3D realms during the development of Duke Nukem Forever and it sounds like the director went nuts, trying to continuously improve the game by adding new features every month. Programmers working on it said that any time a game came out from a competitor with some new little effect, like rain, or footprints in snow or something minor like that the boss would say "I like that. Add that to our game." And that shit just went on and on so the game never got finished till 3D realms went under and gearbox took over.

You can't make a white elephant of a video game.

Yup it's the whole Jack of all trades master of none argument. The problem is Mass Effect isn't Grand Theft Auto and Bioware isn't Rockstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back