Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviews are very disconcerting. Funny im actually considering getting Nier Automata instead because the first Nier got mediocre reviews and its a cult classic.

Brad is Path Finder...

Here is Giantbombs "quick look."

Sounds like they are disappointed in it too. At least Minius liked it. He is very biased though so I don't take his word seriously.

Well, FFS.

FYI, if you're like me and you haven't pre-ordered a game in years, and didn't pay attention when you did, it turns out that they don't charge you when you actually pre-order. They wait until just before release to charge the card.

I discovered this because the card I pre-ordered with got stolen, and I didn't realize they wait until I saw an email message this morning from them that there was a "Payment Issue". Immediately fired off the payment revision, but now I won't be delivered the game until the 23rd when before it was due to be delivered tomorrow: the day of launch.
1DOVaMC.gif

fuck you guys..... Ive got to wait until thursday :(

One of the developers hates white folk. This game can eat a dick from me

Sadly pretty much every fear of mine about this game is being brought up in the reviews so far. I'm sure it's a fine game, but I'm not really feeling what I'm seeing here.

These reviews

lalalala.gif
exactly.... its not like there wont be patches in future, plus there will probably be expansions(hopefully they learned from the witcher and make them yuge)

My last day at work and then I'm off the rest of the week can't wait to get home and hop into ME. Remoted into my gaming PC from work and got the new Nvidia drivers installed and ready. Got my VPN up and ready. Got my beers fridged and ready. Got my vape pen full and ready.

Sadly pretty much every fear of mine about this game is being brought up in the reviews so far. I'm sure it's a fine game, but I'm not really feeling what I'm seeing here.

It sucks honestly. Whats weird is these are all problems Bioware has had for, well, decades now. Its just they were so far ahead of other developers in lore, character development and dialogue that we looked past them. Thats not the case anymore.

It doesnt help that Horizon and Zelda just came out and are fucking stellar

I will still buy it but this is probably the last Bioware game i will buy based on their reputation. They are no longer the gold standard

It sucks honestly. Whats weird is these are all problems Bioware has had for, well, decades now. Its just they were so far ahead of other developers in lore, character development and dialogue that we looked past them. Thats not the case anymore.

It doesnt help that Horizon and Zelda just came out and are fucking stellar

I will still buy it but this is probably the last Bioware game i will buy based on their reputation. They are no longer the gold standard

The idea of releasing another ME game this early just reeked of cash grab to me. I figured if they really pushed the series forward it would work out, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It even seems like it's regressed vs it's peers for this installment.

We'll see. I haven't played it yet, but the fears I had seem to be there, and I'm not seeing some of the new things I was hoping for.

I have a suspicion about these reviews.

I think, a lot of these reviews that are going up that are like a 6 or a 7 forget that this game is essentially a "soft reboot"/new origin story. A lot of them seem like they are thinking this is Mass Effect 4 when in actuality you could look at it more like a Mass Effect 1 "redux" or some shit.

Essentially, it's like what the Punisher Netflix series will be to the rest of the MCU stuff on Netflix. It takes place in the same universe but will be coming, essentially last right now but be acting as an origin story.

i'm canceling my preorder.

this game feels rushed. performance hiccups, sub par animations, graphics, writing, etc

beyond that, it's becoming so freakin streamlined. no inventory for your squadmates.. no control over their abilities...

maybe it'll be better in a few months with patches + mods + etc.. because i'm not really in the mood to sour my love affair with the mass effect series. i'll wait until they polish it up some more before i start it.

jesus f'ing christ.
That video almost brought me to tears, in a good way lol.

I'm just hoping that's an intentional glitch done on PC....

i'm canceling my preorder.

this game feels rushed. performance hiccups, sub par animations, graphics, writing, etc

beyond that, it's becoming so freakin streamlined. no inventory for your squadmates.. no control over their abilities...

maybe it'll be better in a few months with patches + mods + etc.. because i'm not really in the mood to sour my love affair with the mass effect series. i'll wait until they polish it up some more before i start it.

When has there ever been inventory for your squadmates beyond ME1?

Also Bioware has had tons of glitches in almos all its games. Im not defending the current entry but theres some clear nostalgia going on. Me1-3 were far from perfect

Whats weird is its been 5 years since the last ME yet the game seems rushed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back