Marvel's IRON FIST (March 17, 2017)

If you have seen the complete season 1 of IRON FIST, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Just started watching and i like it. Everyone else on netflix is so srrious. Danny is kind of derpy, and i dig that about him.

I was surprised. It's actually really good. Only Daredevil is better. You read the reviews and you can tell they didn't even watch the show.

Just started watching and i like it. Everyone else on netflix is so srrious. Danny is kind of derpy, and i dig that about him.

He's been in a monastery since 10 to 25. He's an all around good dude whose not used to people taking advantage of each other

The main love interest is UK. The main actor is UK. The mean dad is Aussie.

Yanks can't even act anymore.

And lol at it not being popular because of him being white, your country is retarded.

Finally finished the entire season. Well, It's better than the post Cottonmouth Luke Cage eps and it's worse than DD S1 but still a bit above Arrow season 1.

The main villains were all over the place. First it's Madame Gao, then it's the Immortal zombie dad from 300, then it's the douchey Patrick Bateman wannabe, then it's The Hand again....it's one giant mess. Danny himself is as charismatic as toilet paper and the actor really isn't beliveable when delivering Iron Fist lines and fighting sequences. I didn't have that much of a problem with show's slow start but just when shit gets real, shit gets boring again real fast. Madam Gao went from an Evil Chinese kung fu Yoda to just a regular ring leader villain, Ward Meatchum is a douchebag, then he's a junkie, then he's a good guy..wait never mind he's still a douche. Then he's cool again. What I will give them though is that they sold me on the concept of Iron Fist and I had almost zero foreknowledge on Danny or Iron Fist. So, kudos for that.

Another thing...The Hand Ninjas stand no chance against Defenders. Like Jaideep Singh against Fedor no chance. Danny can solo at least 10 guys at once, Cage can survive a face first bazooka hit, Daredevil can fight in the dark and Jones if she gets her shit together can be Luke Cage strong. Defenders could very well be Avengers if the MCU had any sense.

Another thing...The Hand Ninjas stand no chance against Defenders. Like Jaideep Singh against Fedor no chance. Danny can solo at least 10 guys at once, Cage can survive a face first bazooka hit, Daredevil can fight in the dark and Jones if she gets her shit together can be Luke Cage strong. Defenders could very well be Avengers if the MCU had any sense.

That's kind of what I always wondered (about the Avengers anyway).....keep Hawkeye but not someone like Cage?

My only big gripe is that Ser Loras is clearly not a martial artist. His movements aren't very solid. Iron Fist should move like Jet Li, he should remind you of someone top notch, Ser Loras reminds me of a local yoga instructor who the girls all have crushes on, except he's gay

Not only that , he doesn't look strong period, the character has been training for 15 years but he looksTeenager Skinny , even Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock looks significantly more ripped and he really isn't.

Not only that , he doesn't look strong period, the character has been training for 15 years but he looksTeenager Skinny , even Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock looks significantly more ripped and he really isn't.

The kid is a decent enough actor but if you're gonna be that thin you gotta be shredded like Bruce Lee imo

I'd have given the guy who played Rob Stark the role instead! Die his hair blonde

I like Iron Fist the character a lot. His 70s series is slightly campy but also very good. His team ups with Power Man throughout the years have also been a lot of fun. Even the short lived MarvelKnights imprint had some good ideas for street level heroes like Iron Fist.

Matt Fraction is the one writer who made me fall in love with the character. He completely opened up Danny's world and currently there hasn't been a better version of Iron Fist. I think everyone who is a comic book fan or a fan of martial arts should read that series. The mythos of the Iron Fist is heavily expanded under Fraction.

I do agree the guy playing Danny is a beanpole. He should've put on at least a solid 20 pounds on for this role. Hell if skinny ass Bradley Cooper can do it so could this actor.

He looks more like a surfer stoner burnout than the holder of the Iron Fist.

Marvel has a lot of awesome street level heroes that could be involved in the iron fist world. Besides Daredevil, Cage and Jones, we have Cloak and Dagger, Punisher, Misty Knight, Shang Chi, White Tiger, Colleen Wing, Black Cat, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider.

The writers of this show should've borrowed heavily from Matts series.

ironfist-5-top.jpg

up to the part where he just got poisoned by Spider Broad. taking a break, but there are some incredibly corny ass parts. but it's still enjoyable. Rosario Dawson, I don't blame her, but they did NOT write her character in well at all, fucking corny as hell.
"if you believe you can do this, then I guess I have to believe you can do this too.." or whatever. that garnered quite the unexpected guffaw out of me.

but yeah, this show is fucking waay better than Gotham at least.

also, Jay Hieron can't ever win haha.

This show is unintentional comedy I just finished the first episode . tom pelphrey did a better job on banshee his acting is bad in iron fist.

This show is unintentional comedy I just finished the first episode . tom pelphrey did a better job on banshee his acting is bad in iron fist.
Danny doing tai chi is all kinds of unintentional hillarity.
c2a2te4.gif

Episode 1 was so bad I'm not sure I should continue anymore. If it wasn't for Defenders I'm not sure I will.
This is the only marvel show I couldn't binge watch had to pause episode one like 5 times and take a break

I like that Danny isn't swole. He was raise and trained in a monastery, not golds gym. Let those other dude be swole, let Danny be a normal dude with high level martial arts skills.

This is the only marvel show I couldn't binge watch had to pause episode one like 5 times and take a break
I couldn't binge watch any of them. Dd s 1-2 didn't do much for me. I like this one better so far. I don't mind the pace, I like the character development so far. On ep 3.

I like that Danny isn't swole. He was raise and trained in a monastery, not golds gym. Let those other dude be swole, let Danny be a normal dude with high level martial arts skills.

To be fair, Danny's been training for fifteen years at the highest possible level.

He shouldn't look anything like a normal dude.

Shaolin-Monk-Diet-Vegetarian-Diet-Shaolin-Monk-Shaolin-Warrior-Monk-Diet-Shaolin-Monks-Training-Diet.jpeg

To be fair, Danny's been training for fifteen years at the highest possible level.

He shouldn't look anything like a normal dude.

Shaolin-Monk-Diet-Vegetarian-Diet-Shaolin-Monk-Shaolin-Warrior-Monk-Diet-Shaolin-Monks-Training-Diet.jpeg
That dude looks normal. Folk want cap, batfleck type bodies. Look at old Kung fu flicks. All those dudes are skinny. Bulking up is a recent thing.

Back