MarvelousMuayThai Boxing gloves prototype

So, it has come to my attention that including a city name that is not the city of manufacture can be misleading to some customers, so I've given the logo another minor redo.View attachment 146097
Hell yea. Thats hella better. Id love it in that color scheme too.

Could you do a matte black with gold logo and gunmetal grey piping?

Or gunmetal grey, half white palm with black piping?

He's pretty vaguely said "all colors" but I'll ask him specifically about those.

He's says they have the matte black, and he thinks they can get the gunmetal really close to exact shade. Sorry it took me a bit to get you an answer. Sometimes I make the mistake of throwing too many questions his way without accommodating for our language barriers well enough and some clarification becomes necessary.

No problem...you're very accommodating to those asking questions in this thread. I was just throwing out color schemes for the possible G&E group order.

No problem...you're very accommodating to those asking questions in this thread. I was just throwing out color schemes for the possible G&E group order.

I've ordered a pair of customs on the basis of joeymarvelous' attitude to my many questions and his confidence in his product.

He offered a very decent discount on the conditions that:
  • They carry his logo
  • I write a "detailed and honest review"
If the gloves are as good as his customer service so far, they're going to be epic.

I've been sent pictures of my finished gloves and they look great (or at least exactly what I asked for!).

And DHL have been in touch to say that they'll be delivered next Monday 10th.

I cannot wait to try these gloves for myself.

I've been sent pictures of my finished gloves and they look great (or at least exactly what I asked for!).

And DHL have been in touch to say that they'll be delivered next Monday 10th.

I cannot wait to try these gloves for myself.

It's Tuesday now :D Waiting for your impression and some photos. <cheer>

It's Tuesday now :D Waiting for your impression and some photos. <cheer>

You're so impatient!
I didn't get home on Monday until after 10pm and Tuesday was for training.

Anyway...

They arrived on Monday and while a detailed review might have to wait for a few days, here's my initial thoughts:

The construction and workmanship of the gloves is perfect. The leather is supple and glossy. Stitching is perfect, double where required with no extra lines where it isn't needed. No popped or loose threads. No over-run.

Padding is medium-firm as requested. It feels good and raised no issues in 2 hours of padwork and drilling. I forgot I was wearing new gloves except that the lack of attached thumb (as specified) made scooping easier.

As they're customs, fit can obviously be tailored. The fit of these is great. Plenty of length for my long fingers and snug without being tight. Usually my thumb is aligned with the top edge of the thumb compartment and my thumbtip presses against its end. With these, my thumb sits naturally along the centreline of the compartment. By far the most perfectly fitting gloves I've worn.

It's difficult to get good photographs of the black: they are much more beautiful "in person".

I was a little worried about the "Custom Size" stamp on the gloves but they are exactly 16oz.

I'll get a detailed review up soon but I'll be ordering another pair within the next couple of weeks. These are superb.

Last edited:

They arrived with nice stretchy white laces but I replaced these with black elastic ones before I used them, just in case yer wondering.

Jesus Christ, what can I say, they look Marvelous!!! And the order#01 is pretty unique too, I like it a lot. Really like your choice on colours too, look so slick and clean.

Look like marvelous is one of my must buy on list. Only that GBP is at 30 years all time low atm lol.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, what can I say, they look Marvelous!!! And the order#01 is pretty unique too, I like it a lot. Really like your choice on colours too, look so slick and clean.

Look like marvelous is one of my must buy on list. Only that GBP is at 30 years all time low atm lol.

Thank you. After I placed the order, I wondered if I should have gone with something a bit more obviously custom. But I wanted them to be very discrete. The type of glove that only a few people will immediately recognise as being a bit special.

Yeah sterling is worth nothing at the minute. It's not going to stop me from ordering another pair though. I'll give these ones a few weeks to see if there's anything I want to change in the design, but I suspect they'll only differ in colour.

Thank you for the kind words! Awesome pics too, is it OK if I use them?

Thank you for the awesome gloves! It's absolutely fine for you to use the photos. If you want specific details photographed, just let me know.

And I haven't forgotten about the "detailed and honest review" we agreed on. I can't imagine that there's going to be too many negatives. I'd like to get a few more rounds on them first, though, but should have a preliminary review up over the weekend.

Man they look sexy !

Thank you! I absolutely love them.

There's the business model: Perfect custom gloves, that you can keep as long as you can defeat the company founder in a 3 round kickboxing match, Thai rules. :lol

There's the business model: Perfect custom gloves, that you can keep as long as you can defeat the company founder in a 3 round kickboxing match, Thai rules. :lol

Derry needs to prove worthy to own the gloves lol.

Anyways, what padding are those? Since without the attached thumb I suppose they are pads gloves?

Back