MarvelousMuayThai Boxing gloves prototype

Damn, that mean I can't be part of the first batch then, don't care how long it takes, when the price to the uk or around the world become more reasonable one day, please make a post to announce it. I'll sure keep an eye out for that.

And gotta say that color pink is the best kind of pink I have seen.

Ahh the curse of trying to order gear from the US....

Ring to Cage were $80 in their Labor Day sale recently. Postage was going to be an additional $53 to the UK.

So it looks like I won't be getting any of the early gloves either, then. That's a pity; I'd have loved to have tried a pair of these.

UPDATE! My manufacturer (because he's awesome) has volunteered to handle shipping to the Eastern Hemisphere! This will vary a bit by location, but it's $25 to most of Europe (including you guys here quoted)

UPDATE! My manufacturer (because he's awesome) has volunteered to handle shipping to the Eastern Hemisphere! This will vary a bit by location, but it's $25 to most of Europe (including you guys here quoted)

Cool, let's see what the actual design it is going to end up with. I sorta prefer 14oz Velcro and that pink is nice lol.

Cool, let's see what the actual design it is going to end up with. I sorta prefer 14oz Velcro and that pink is nice lol.

Yeah, it's a beautiful shade, but I'm not sure if 20 Sherdoggers will want that. I'm thinking Black with white half-palm/thumb, with either gold or red piping, would look spectacular. Put G&E on the white part of the thumb? What do you guys think of using the Thai script in larger letters on the velcro strap?

And let's go ahead and call it 19, because you KNOW I'm keeping a personal pair of these!

Nice one! Just do them in purple or plain black and I'm in for a pair.....

Let's see what colour combo is agreed upon, and I'll be interested in lace up 16s.

Nice one! Just do them in purple or plain black and I'm in for a pair.....

Let's see what colour combo is agreed upon, and I'll be interested in lace up 16s.
Are you sure you prefer plain black over black/white split? (Like the gloves in the OP but black instead of blue)

Synthetic leather available as well, customs as low as 89.99 for Sherdoggers that act now!

Lot of vent holes is always good, no down side to that.

I think the first should be something special, nothing could be more special than that pink, but I know there won't be enough on board for it. I never thought I would like a pair of pink gloves before seeing that either.

Purple is cool too, depends on which shade of purple. Since pink is out of the question, I'd suggest for Grey with black split thumb and a black full palm or split palm, plus a red logo of yours. Maybe something on the thumb like you said as well.

I'm not 100% certainty on board so don't quote me on that, but it's a suggestion.

I know that the ones I really like won't be to other people's taste. You'll never sell 20 pairs of purple or pink gloves unless you're well established and in high demand. And even then...

Personally, I don't understand split thumbs or palms; I much prefer the palm and thumb inner to be one colour and the back of the glove and thumb outer to be a single colour and, ideally, a single piece of leather.

In all honesty, there's little chance of me being 1 of the 20 so don't pay much heed to my opinions on colours. But I'm seriously considering customs, although I've held off on ordering new 16s for quite a while already.

He's got an extra pair of those pink gloves in 10oz!

Yeah, but I have no idea what I am going to do with a 10oz lace up, I don't lace for bag(being alone), pads we swap around holder(not convenient to lace and unlace) and I can't spar in 10oz. Unless I am going to fight in a pair of nice pink gloves. lol Seems like an awkward combination to me.

Anyway, just curious, how much is he selling them for?

Lot of vent holes is always good, no down side to that.

I think the first should be something special, nothing could be more special than that pink, but I know there won't be enough on board for it. I never thought I would like a pair of pink gloves before seeing that either.

Purple is cool too, depends on which shade of purple. Since pink is out of the question, I'd suggest for Grey with black split thumb and a black full palm or split palm, plus a red logo of yours. Maybe something on the thumb like you said as well.

I'm not 100% certainty on board so don't quote me on that, but it's a suggestion.

It wouldn't be a red logo, the logo is the gold oval and the gold and white letters within it, so the background is only blue because I used blue gloves and would be red with red gloves. If enough people sign up (Did I start this the same week the G&E gave up buying gloves, or what?) consensus will decide the colors and build. That said, a black oval with red and black letters would look sick on some white gloves.

I know that the ones I really like won't be to other people's taste. You'll never sell 20 pairs of purple or pink gloves unless you're well established and in high demand. And even then...

Personally, I don't understand split thumbs or palms; I much prefer the palm and thumb inner to be one colour and the back of the glove and thumb outer to be a single colour and, ideally, a single piece of leather.

In all honesty, there's little chance of me being 1 of the 20 so don't pay much heed to my opinions on colours. But I'm seriously considering customs, although I've held off on ordering new 16s for quite a while already.

I personally like the look of split palms and thumbs a lot, but I do understand how a glove can only be more structurally sound for fewer stitch points. In the hands of a worthy craftsman this is little to no difference in terms of durability, but in lesser gloves it can be a huge problem. We can do customs without all the splitting of course, as per your preference.

That's pretty much exactly how I see it. Additional stress points that compromise the structure of already badly made gloves.

As you say, they have a negligible affect on the durability of well made gloves and there might be an element of a real craftsman showing his skill. Split palms and thumbs can make a well built glove look as though they're high end as well as being so.

I wonder also if it might reduce the amount of wastage which might be financially important to a high specification but low volume manufacturer?

So, it has come to my attention that including a city name that is not the city of manufacture can be misleading to some customers, so I've given the logo another minor redo.LOGO-V4.jpg

Logos are important though, so make sure you're happy with it. The Ring to Cage and UMA logos are enough to put me off buying their gloves, for example.[/QUOTE]
Yea the ring to cage logo and there refusal to make me a glove without a logo have cost them any of my future business

Logos are important though, so make sure you're happy with it. The Ring to Cage and UMA logos are enough to put me off buying their gloves, for example.
Yea the ring to cage logo and there refusal to make me a glove without a logo have cost them any of my future business[/QUOTE]

I can make yours with any or no logo, but I'll make better discounts for you if I can leave mine on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back