Mark Hamill Hates The Last Jedi

I just hate the whole star killer base battle and concept. It was good until and outside of that. They needed a better climax and a better enemy base imho

We basically have the exact same gripe about the movie. If they spent 15-20 more minutes going into some detail on the base and all that jazz I think it would’ve been a much better ending.

JJ left so many awesome plotlines open and Johnson shit on everyone of them. The plotlines that were leftover open had me very curious. Saldly we got an egomaniac hipster for episode 8.

JJ should’ve directed all 3 imo

Last edited:
I really would have liked to have seen a TFA that didn't suffer an injured Harrison Ford.

We basically have the exact same gripe about the movie. If they spent 15-20 more minutes going into some detail on the base and all that jazz I think it would’ve been a much better ending.

JJ left so many awesome plotlines open and Johnson shit on everyone of them. The plotlines that were leftover open had me very curious. Saldly we got an egomaniac hipster for episode 8.

Not having the same writers and director was a terrible move. I know nothing about making films, but I know that’s a dumb ass thing to do.

Not having the same writers and director was a terrible move. I know nothing about making films, but I know that’s a dumb ass thing to do.

I completely agree. JJ left a lot of good plotlines open and Johnson shit on them cause he’s a little twat

I completely agree. JJ left a lot of good plotlines open and Johnson shit on them cause he’s a little twat

Idk what the fuck hes going to do honestly. I mean after 8 i really could careless about the characters and where they go. All those plot lines are done.

The worst part is he handed rian the draft concepts for where the other two should head and he threw it in the trash.

Idk what the fuck hes going to do honestly. I mean after 8 i really could careless about the characters and where they go. All those plot lines are done.

Yup. And everything JJ left open was interesting. The map, the saber, that old dude who’s name I can’t spell, Snoke, Rey etc etc etc.

Johnson ruined star wars with Kathleen Kennedy’s help. To think Lucas thought she was fit for the he’s dpostion and she royally stabbed him and the fans in their backs. Real twat move

The worst part is he handed rian the draft concepts for where the other two should head and he threw it in the trash.

Yeah like a egomaniac. Rey and Finn had a sick bond and friendship thing going and he threw it all out cause he wanted “to shock the fans”

He’s a glorified Tv writer who thought he was smart like Kubrick and he failed so badly. Even Disney knows it.

I’m telling you Disney is gonna make Luke come back

Yeah like a egomaniac. Rey and Finn had a sick bond and friendship thing going and he threw it all out cause he wanted “to shock the fans”

He’s a glorified Tv writer who thought he was smart like Kubrick and he failed so badly. Even Disney knows it.

I’m telling you Disney is gonna make Luke come back

He knows he fucked up and said some shit like Luke might not be desd(hand argument) he actually said that.

But it’s too damn late. Hamill won’t do it, now there are talks of yodas force ghost training rey since hamills out.

They can’t unfuck this pooch, there only hope Is that Howard saves solo and the game of thrones boys do a good kotor trilogy at this point.

The problem is "awesome possibilities" is all he left rather than actually building much towards anything directly, medicore unambitious film for me that looked to cloak itself in mysteries that fans could theorise about which Abrams really had no idea about.

The idea of Abrams "doing a light film to relaunch starwars" was I think deeply flawed and short termist, indeed we've seen that Abrams relaunched Trek dying on its arse for similar issues.

It wouldn't be so bad if he left anything to do. That's one of the major issues for me. He wanted to burn off all of the set up from TFA, but then left it with nothing. it's really strange.

I mean, you take Phasma for example. Everybody knows she was a disappointment in TFA. So he brings her back....and promptly Boba Fetts her. It's just like wtf was the point? Why even bring her back? Did he really just want to do the opposite of every single thing people expected? It's really bizarre the more I think of it.

I mostly agree, JJ made some interesting things, or made some seeds. But he just couldn't build a compelling reason why the first order was a threat, and how they attracted so many followers so quickly. It was arbitrary. As was Star killer base. JJ couldn't find a good way to make the FO be super dangerous and beatable, so he made the base. Was a massive cop out imho. It was a decent movie, but clearly JJ wasn't interested in taking risks nor being creative enough.
Johnson did have a few good points, like Ray/Kylo and then their Snoke fight, that was cool. But other than that the movie was directionless.
Guy is a dweeb, and I doubt he'll do anything interesting with his next SW film.

I mostly agree, JJ made some interesting things, or made some seeds. But he just couldn't build a compelling reason why the first order was a threat, and how they attracted so many followers so quickly. It was arbitrary. As was Star killer base. JJ couldn't find a good way to make the FO be super dangerous and beatable, so he made the base. Was a massive cop out imho. It was a decent movie, but clearly JJ wasn't interested in taking risks nor being creative enough.
Johnson did have a few good points, like Ray/Kylo and then their Snoke fight, that was cool. But other than that the movie was directionless.
Guy is a dweeb, and I doubt he'll do anything interesting with his next SW film.

Unfortunately we’ll never know how he answered some of those questions in the layout and script drafts he gave rian that he threw in the trash.

Such horseshit from all ends.

Everything we've heard tends to suggest Abrams had no idea at all how anything he setup might be resolved and indeed some of it such as "how did Rey become powerful so quickly" was just just fans trying to cover for him not caring about the existing canon.

TFA was given vastly too easy a ride by people caught up on nostalgia and dislike of Lucas's prequels for me.

Unfortunately we’ll never know how he answered some of those questions in the layout and script drafts he gave rian that he threw in the trash.

Such horseshit from all ends.
Yeah there was potential , but both movies wither skirted around anything important, or straight up didn't bother to make anything of note

They should have let Luke effortlessly whoop that ass remotely and then go fetch some giant alien beast milk shake afterwards like nothing happened.

After that movie i decided that i would skip the next one. I cant support this shit. The last jedi is the worst movie yet and disney instead of disowning and apologizing for the piece of shit thought it was great. I cant take this.

After that movie i decided that i would skip the next one. I cant support this shit. The last jedi is the worst movie yet and disney instead of disowning and apologizing for the piece of shit thought it was great. I cant take this.

I'm not even going to watch Solo.

The Last Jedi did I think have some sections(mostly around Kylo) of it that were better than anything in Force Awakens which actually made its other faults stand out all the more. Abrams basically got by on his own low standards, Johnson was expected to do more and did sometimes do more but mixed in with a lot of questionable material.

I'm not even going to watch Solo.

That would seem a bit harsh to me as it doesn't seem to bare much relation to Last Jedi, seems far more akin to Rogue One.

I admit though I really don't care much about episode 9 now, I mean yeah I'll probably watch it at some point but I'm hardly counting down the days or wondering what might be included.

Back