Mark Hamill Hates The Last Jedi

That would seem a bit harsh to me as it doesn't seem to bare much relation to Last Jedi, seems far more akin to Rogue One.

I admit though I really don't care much about episode 9 now, I mean yeah I'll probably watch it at some point but I'm hardly counting down the days or wondering what might be included.

I didn't like Rogue One much to be honest and with that being followed by TLJ, I've been put off completely by Star Wars altogether. I'll catch it in Neflix or Amazon at some point, but I'm not going to see it at the theater.

JJ Abrams. Honestly if he manages to make a good movie after TLJ the man deserves an award.

I didn't like TFA but I'll take back everything I said if he can fix all the BS from episode 8.

My theory is that the milk Luke was drinking has a high concentration of midichlorians, thus enabling him to return from the netherworld of the force on a whim.

It should be revealed that Snoke has an entire race of those aliens producing the milk for him and he's been drinking it for years, which corrupted his flesh every time he resurrected himself, but he can come back to life too.

No joke, I'd be fine if they did that in Episode 9

Yeah like a egomaniac. Rey and Finn had a sick bond and friendship thing going and he threw it all out cause he wanted “to shock the fans”

He’s a glorified Tv writer who thought he was smart like Kubrick and he failed so badly. Even Disney knows it.

I’m telling you Disney is gonna make Luke come back
At this point, Luke coming back is the only way to pique my interest. What Rian did was so selfish. I think he finds all of the disappointment very amusing

I'm not even going to watch Solo.

I was going to skip it, but since Howard took it over I’m going to give him a shot.

However I’m starting to feel like it will be too silly for a solo movie and have jokes thrown in around every corner like Thor ragnarok.

It’s like they think they have to copy the mcu when sw already had its own successful thing and didn’t need to change the formula really like they did starting with the prequels

I was going to skip it, but since Howard took it over I’m going to give him a shot.

However I’m starting to feel like it will be too silly for a solo movie and have jokes thrown in around every corner like Thor ragnarok.
The reports seem to be going the other way (thankfully). Lord and Miller made things way too loose and untenable. I can't recall a single time when Howard's humor has gone overboard, which used to surprise me as a kid considering his pedigree as Opie Cunningham.

The reports seem to be going the other way (thankfully). Lord and Miller made things way too loose and untenable. I can't recall a single time when Howard's humor has gone overboard, which used to surprise me as a kid considering his pedigree as Opie Cunningham.
Han is one of my all time favorite fictional characters and one thing so intriguing about him was his lack of back story. This film is going demystify him and that’s a shame.

Han is one of my all time favorite fictional characters and one thing so intriguing about him was his lack of back story. This film is going demystify him and that’s a shame.
That's interesting to me, because on the one hand I know where you're coming from -- especially having gone through the Prequels. It fleshed out backstory, but, on the other hand, I've come to realize it's not that I don't want backstory to be fleshed out. Even though we're going backward into Han's history, these are still new adventures I'm going on with Han and Co., thus I can regard them as new facets to his character. Plus I'm at a point where I can jettison the events that I don't really enjoy while keeping the core intact and (rightfully) beloved. For instance, I've pretty much forgotten most of the Han that was wasted in TFA.

From the commercials it looks really great, and I have a lot of faith in Howard, Harrelson, and Glover. I love Thandie Newton as well, and any Chewy in my book is good Chewy.

It wouldn't be so bad if he left anything to do. That's one of the major issues for me. He wanted to burn off all of the set up from TFA, but then left it with nothing. it's really strange.

I mean, you take Phasma for example. Everybody knows she was a disappointment in TFA. So he brings her back....and promptly Boba Fetts her. It's just like wtf was the point? Why even bring her back? Did he really just want to do the opposite of every single thing people expected? It's really bizarre the more I think of it.
I really think that's it.

He let surprise be his guiding light as a creator: surprise for the sake of surprise. He did it with every decision. It's a crutch. This sense of surprise had just delighted everyone so much with regard to the misleading marketing franchise up to TFA with Rey and Finn.

He let fanboard chatter get into his head. He wrote a movie for the reaction rather than to tell a story. He forgot his primary purpose.

I'm not even going to watch Solo.
200.gif

Hamil is fucking hilarious.

Also the last Star Wars was a goddamn let down. 7 was pretty good, but 8 was pretty mediocre.

I can see why, it's all about that Trek.
Although it went downhill after Nemesis.

I really think that's it.

He let surprise being his guiding light as a creator: surprise for the sake of surprise. He did it with every decision. It's a crutch. This sense of surprise had just delighted everyone so much with regard to the misleading marketing franchise up to TFA with Rey and Finn.

He let fanboard chatter get into his head. He wrote a movie for the reaction rather than to tell a story. He forgot his primary purpose.

It’s like he made a shock value you tube video instead of a good SW movie. And singlehandedly wiped out a major portion of the loyal fan base in one fell swoop.

Jj is gonna have a hell of a time correcting this, there is nothing to lead off on. At least rian had the option of delving into if Finn was force sensitive. Who the f is rey and why does Obi Wan call to her, why does the damn lightsaber call to her.

What the f has luke been up too and what did he find out?

Who the f is snoke? Old sith? Some other dark side user, like maybe a “grey sith”

So many directions to go and he wiped them all the fuck out for a you tube style reaction.

The Last Jedi did I think have some sections(mostly around Kylo) of it that were better than anything in Force Awakens which actually made its other faults stand out all the more. Abrams basically got by on his own low standards, Johnson was expected to do more and did sometimes do more but mixed in with a lot of questionable material.
I agree TFA had nothing brilliant in it. So it made for an ok movie. TLJ had .a fee good points in it, but it was s crap sandwich, so the good parts kylo ray made the other parts taste much worse

Same thing happened when they cut off his genital warts.

You're thinking of Dune after Kenneth McMillan leaked David Lynch's plot points.

DL_EURPUQAcnzyv.jpg

Star Wars is fucking dead for me dammit. There is nothing can be done but to pull the final plug and let it take it's last breath now.

Star Wars is fucking dead for me dammit. There is nothing can be done but to pull the final plug and let it take it's last breath now.
No, Filoni is carrying the torch, now. Hopefully JJ's greater plans and blueprint don't thwart him from more amazing storytelling that correctly intuits the genetic make-up of the Star Wars universe.

Back