Mario Yamasaki on Lewis vs Browne stoppage

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
"Right in the moment, I already knew that I allowed two extra punches,but the reaction time from a heavyweight is different than a lighter fighter. So when Lewis landed the punch where Browne went out, he was able to land two more before I came in to stop the fight. But, for sure, I should have stopped it a little earlier. Everyone has his days, and I can’t give excuses. It’s hard to please everyone. I try to be as consistent as possible, but sometimes you can’t. I wanted to give him another chance because early in the fight he was getting knocked out standing and he said ‘I'm fine, I’m fine' and I saw that he was trying to defend himself so I let him continue, and on the ground, it went a little longer. I’m sure that Browne likes that we let the fight go on a little longer so he has a chance to come back. No fighter likes early stoppages, but it happens. There’s no excuse. I know I should have stopped it earlier, but it was so fast I couldn't stop it."

from MMAfighting.com
He also added: "If he dies, he dies"

I get it. A bad day at the office is different for every profession, and in his line of work, a bad day for him means a horrible day for someone else. But yet everyone has bad days at work, so shit like that is going to happen. Props to him for publicly acknowledging it.

Atleast he knows he should have stopped it earlier <{titihmm}>

It wasn't bad within two seconds brown went from having his hands up and his knee between Lewis to having marios hand on his chest.

Can't get much faster than that

The stoppage wasn't THAT fucking bad. If Stann wouldn't have said anything, the overwhelming majority of viewers wouldn't even have an opinion on it.

I prefer to see fighters get finished. They have the liberty to tap if they want to end the fight. I say let them get pounded to unconsciousness and loaded onto a stretcher.

It's always funny when someone says "there's no excuse," then gives a litany of excuses.

In any event, everyone makes mistakes.

"I’m sure that Browne likes that we let the fight go on a little longer so he has a chance to come back"

I'm sure too that Browne liked it LOOOOOOL

Big respect for Mario making a public statement on the matter.

Back