Mario Yamasaki on Lewis vs Browne stoppage

The reaction time of a heavy weight is slower so not sure where he was going with that

I wanted to give him another chance because early in the fight he was getting knocked out standing and he said ‘I'm fine, I’m fine'​

This is pretty much what I figured that happened.

I think some of you are being a bit ridiculous about this. Sure, it was a punch or two late, but it's such a fine line and happens so fast. I hate it when fights are ruined by early stoppages, but I also really don't need to see unnecessary shots to someone who's already done.

The reaction time of a heavy weight is slower so not sure where he was going with that

I think he means that HWs do more damage with single shots, even when they look like they barely connected. So the referee needs to react faster.

it was a great stoppage

people complaining are just an unfortunate example of today's MMA world

it was a great stoppage

people complaining are just an unfortunate example of today's MMA world
I kind of agree. Ideally it would have been stopped before the last two punches, but shit happens. These are professional fighters at the top of their sport. they should get every reasonable chance to survive and come back.

Perfect stoppage. It's like you guys don't want to see violence or something this is MMA motherfuckers

I prefer to see fighters get finished. They have the liberty to tap if they want to end the fight. I say let them get pounded to unconsciousness and loaded onto a stretcher.

If they don't die, it don't count

It wasn't as bad as everyone made out

It's always funny when someone says "there's no excuse," then gives a litany of excuses.

He's just explaining his thought process, not making excuses. He took full responsibility.

Wasnt nearly as bad as this

33yl18i.gif

Last edited:
Glad he's owning up to it instead of denying there was a problem like the ref from the video above, who actually tried to defend their actions by saying "I saw her arm move, so she couldn't have been out!"

man everyone for whining about the stoppage, now we're going to see more early stoppages and less heads being dribbled on the mat like a basket ball (always cracks me up).

"Right in the moment, I already knew that I allowed two extra punches,but the reaction time from a heavyweight is different than a lighter fighter. So when Lewis landed the punch where Browne went out, he was able to land two more before I came in to stop the fight. But, for sure, I should have stopped it a little earlier. Everyone has his days, and I can’t give excuses. It’s hard to please everyone. I try to be as consistent as possible, but sometimes you can’t. I wanted to give him another chance because early in the fight he was getting knocked out standing and he said ‘I'm fine, I’m fine' and I saw that he was trying to defend himself so I let him continue, and on the ground, it went a little longer. I’m sure that Browne likes that we let the fight go on a little longer so he has a chance to come back. No fighter likes early stoppages, but it happens. There’s no excuse. I know I should have stopped it earlier, but it was so fast I couldn't stop it."

from MMAfighting.com
He also added: "If he dies, he dies"
best possible response. actually kind of makes me forgive him. its tough job and thats a good response to it.

Ironically that extra brain damage will make Browne more likely to rage and beat women.

As Lewis would say, Mario wasn't up in this ho that night.

It's always funny when someone says "there's no excuse," then gives a litany of excuses.

In any event, everyone makes mistakes.
An excuse implies that you are not willing to take personal responsibility. An explanation implies that you accept personal responsibility, and you account for your actions by explaining the thought process that led to your decision.

He stopped the fight when Hapa went limp just like he should of. The stoppage was spot on imo. This doesn't hold a candle to Weidman/Rockhold.

If Stann doesn't spew his opinion immediately afterwards then the backlash on this site is cut in half.

In fact, I wish more individuals had the courage to express there own sentiment instead of recognizing a growing/popular opinion and jumping on board. Unfortunately, this is how a majority of Americans think everyday.

It turns my stomach.

Last edited:
Back