Marc Goddard is the WORST referee currently

Being honest, thats a pretty stupid take

"I'd rather see championship caliber guys take unnecessary, career-shortening punishment instead of the referee doing their job to protect fighters, allowing them more longevity in the sport"

Goddard is GOATed. Head and shoulders above dudes like Big John, Miragliotta, Yamasaki, or god forbid Herb Dean
Dude its a fight. If you don't want them to take damage as a ref, then don't let them fight. Weak ass argument.

Boo hoo bitch
islam-makhachev-knockout-gif-23126121.gif

Last edited:
Tognoni is the weirdest ref.

He does heaps of WMMA and he just coddles and babys the girls. It's weird as fuck. Dude is ready to stop the girl fights as soon as someone gets punched as well.

But then when he's doing the men he's happy to let them go to the death lol.

And there was that weird as fuck thing where he went up to Schnell the other week after Erceg just KOd him. He's smiling and he's like "Your head bounced off the canvas. Did you hear it? Did you hear it?" and all with this creepy smile on his face, like he thought Schnell and his cornerman were going to smile along with him.
Yeah, even the fighters know he's trash

mhMCs65.gif

Whatever he stepped on obviously wasn't there the whole time
Come on, don't tell me you didn't know about the Surprise Splinter PFL fights ! I'm not sure what the rules are, but Goddard did know, apparently.

And there was that weird as fuck thing where he went up to Schnell the other week after Erceg just KOd him. He's smiling and he's like "Your head bounced off the canvas. Did you hear it? Did you hear it?" and all with this creepy smile on his face, like he thought Schnell and his cornerman were going to smile along with him.
That sounds hilarious lmao

I think on balance it's Herb Dean. seen too much of him over the many years to think otherwise.

All the refs are pretty good. All the time.

I'm surprised there aren't more threads crying about the fence, the cutmen, the lighting, the weather, people who hit each other, and the irritation caused by sand in the panties.

Pretty sure Mario Yamasaki is back in action, so not the worst...

Yeah, even the fighters know he's trash

mhMCs65.gif

Oh, fuck, I forgot about this. Love how she leans back. Just creeped out by this weirdo.

Was this after the Lemos fight too? If it was then he stopped that way too early. She got dropped but wasn't rocked at all. She even got up before Lemos did haha.

Oh, fuck, I forgot about this. Love how she leans back. Just creeped out by this weirdo.

Was this after the Lemos fight too? If it was then he stopped that way too early. She got dropped but wasn't rocked at all. She even got up before Lemos did haha.
Yeah, that was the fight. He's terrible.

Marc has been getting a lot of heat in recent times for his suspicious decisions, especially now with Cedric Doumbe's "Splinter Gate". This video details Marcs terrible decisions and why he is the worst referee that is currently in Mixed Martial Arts. Marc Goddard has a huge ego, instead of Marc Goddard being a ref, he has to be THE REF, and whatever shitty decisions he makes GOES!!!

Exact same thought I had. Burns was clearly wobbled and then JDM just keeps on beating down on him with Miragliotta hovering and hesitating as if he couldn't tell what was clearly happening.

Miragliotta sucks. He seems to have some kind of funny thought in his head all of the time instead of being attuned to the fighters and being focused and professional.
I am all for fighters getting the chance to fight through adversity, but that stoppage was terrible. Burns was arguably done after the knee, he was definitely done 5 shots later and by the time 15+ elbows had landed, he had been finished 3-4 times. I think Burns starts getting dropped regularly now.

He was down for ages and I was actually a bit worried.

A big fat fuck who could probably beat half the roster's ass. At least at one time. He is a big boy with a legit blackbelt in BJJ.

Coulda, shoulda but never did so you have no reason to think this. We never saw his fat ass actually fight and no amount of fan fiction will ever change that.

All we saw him do was act like a nutcase who took cheap shots at fighters for no reason.

He sure likes to talk as if he was an actual fighter though.

I think as we continue to move into the "WWE" era of UFC we should introduce special guest referees to make things interesting.

I can see Dwayne Johnson wanting to get involved, perhaps Donald Trump.

Back