Marc Goddard is the WORST referee currently

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Marc has been getting a lot of heat in recent times for his suspicious decisions, especially now with Cedric Doumbe's "Splinter Gate". This video details Marcs terrible decisions and why he is the worst referee that is currently in Mixed Martial Arts. Marc Goddard has a huge ego, instead of Marc Goddard being a ref, he has to be THE REF, and whatever shitty decisions he makes GOES!!!

I keep seeing these posts both on here and Reddit with almost exactly this same title - are they by the same person?

Anyways no Goddard isn't the worst, Dan Miragliotta got Gilbert Burns damn near killed with that late stoppage against JDM

When he was up and coming he was one of the best, he was no nonsense but also explained his decision to the fighter clearly, I think a ref should stick to his decision but since he's been getting a lot of praise it's all gone to his head and now he seems a bit of a tit.

Being honest I prefer late stoppage than early stoppage. I feel at least we know who is winning for real.

Goddard stop the fight too early when Poatan fought Izzy. Izzy was still moving and bobbing there. Saying this as Goatan fan.

Being honest I prefer late stoppage than early stoppage. I feel at least we know who is winning for real.

Goddard stop the fight too early when Poatan fought Izzy. Izzy was still moving and bobbing there. Saying this as Goatan fan.
He was done and he was bobbing any weaving slow as shit because how hurt he was. Another bomb and he would’ve been sleep

Or Colby Usman 1, many fake calls in usmans favor, and that stoppage is if I were referring in a fever dream. <45>

I think you have mistakenly described Big Dan, bigger than the fight itself

Or Colby Usman 1, many fake calls in usmans favor, and that stoppage is if I were referring in a fever dream. <45>
Would have loved see it going a little bit longer in the colbys case...that twat deserved it

Herb Dean sucks the worst imho, but Marc seems like a wannabe Herb. He don't gaf if we boo him, he's getting attention and he's here for it! But Goddard's definitely one of the worst refs the sport's ever seen! He could've removed whatever was in Doumbe's foot, but instead that attention lover chose to call Doumbe a baby instead and... he got people on board... So good for him! But stepping on something like that shouldn't have been considered Doumbe's fault. Whatever he stepped on obviously wasn't there the whole time, Goddard wouldn't have been shamed for removing it, but Goddard don't care, and as someone that kinda does care.... I don't care to see Goddard ever again, tbh.

Al-Selwadi vs Radzhabov was a terrible stoppage. Tognoni is going to get someone killed.

Anyways no Goddard isn't the worst, Dan Miragliotta got Gilbert Burns damn near killed with that late stoppage against JDM

Exact same thought I had. Burns was clearly wobbled and then JDM just keeps on beating down on him with Miragliotta hovering and hesitating as if he couldn't tell what was clearly happening.

Miragliotta sucks. He seems to have some kind of funny thought in his head all of the time instead of being attuned to the fighters and being focused and professional.

Back