Marc Goddard is the WORST referee currently

Big John always grinded my gears the way he'd get aggressive with the fighters post-stoppage.

Like, you're just a big fat fuck bro.
A big fat fuck who could probably beat half the roster's ass. At least at one time. He is a big boy with a legit blackbelt in BJJ.

There should be a size limitfor referees

Goddards melon definitely exceeds maximum cranium radius

fuking melon

Exact same thought I had. Burns was clearly wobbled and then JDM just keeps on beating down on him with Miragliotta hovering and hesitating as if he couldn't tell what was clearly happening.

Miragliotta sucks. He seems to have some kind of funny thought in his head all of the time instead of being attuned to the fighters and being focused and professional.

You hit the nail on the head. He always has that look on his face before a fight starts, like only he knows the inside joke.

One of my former coaches is a UFC ref and all the UFC refs hang out and measure each others cocks they're all egotistis

He has become a 2024 John Mcarthy, its not like he is now having bad calls left and right, its because he is in high profile fights, Pereira vs Adesanya 1? Ok Call, Doumbee vs glass? Bad call.

Being honest I prefer late stoppage than early stoppage. I feel at least we know who is winning for real.

Goddard stop the fight too early when Poatan fought Izzy. Izzy was still moving and bobbing there. Saying this as Goatan fan.
Being honest, thats a pretty stupid take

"I'd rather see championship caliber guys take unnecessary, career-shortening punishment instead of the referee doing their job to protect fighters, allowing them more longevity in the sport"

Goddard is GOATed. Head and shoulders above dudes like Big John, Miragliotta, Yamasaki, or god forbid Herb Dean

I keep seeing these posts both on here and Reddit with almost exactly this same title - are they by the same person?

Anyways no Goddard isn't the worst, Dan Miragliotta got Gilbert Burns damn near killed with that late stoppage against JDM

It's just sherdoggers stealing whatever is trending on Reddit for likes here like a whore

Mark Goddard probably refs 4-10 events per month in MMA events around the country. 100's of fights every year. It's easy to cherry pick a handful. If you did the same thing with any NFL/MLB/NBA referee you'd find them to be significantly worse and have far greater impact on the outcomes of their sports.

Being honest I prefer late stoppage than early stoppage. I feel at least we know who is winning for real.

Goddard stop the fight too early when Poatan fought Izzy. Izzy was still moving and bobbing there. Saying this as Goatan fan.
Yup.

We saw who settled it in the rematch no need for an early stoppage.

Glad to see others are finally coming around to seeing the truth with Goddard. Goddard is a fucking trash ref and needs to go back to pool room bar tender. Goddard has always been a terrible ref.

Mike Beltran put on an absolute masterpiece of incompetence last night , seen the tap , physically touched the fighters and yelled stop and then after the submission was released let the fight continue

That stoppage was fine. Izzy was slowly moving, just barely got up after stumbling to the ground, was not guarding at all while he was "bobbing," and was taking every punch

Al-Selwadi vs Radzhabov was a terrible stoppage. Tognoni is going to get someone killed.

Tognoni is the weirdest ref.

He does heaps of WMMA and he just coddles and babys the girls. It's weird as fuck. Dude is ready to stop the girl fights as soon as someone gets punched as well.

But then when he's doing the men he's happy to let them go to the death lol.

And there was that weird as fuck thing where he went up to Schnell the other week after Erceg just KOd him. He's smiling and he's like "Your head bounced off the canvas. Did you hear it? Did you hear it?" and all with this creepy smile on his face, like he thought Schnell and his cornerman were going to smile along with him.

Marc has been getting a lot of heat in recent times for his suspicious decisions, especially now with Cedric Doumbe's "Splinter Gate". This video details Marcs terrible decisions and why he is the worst referee that is currently in Mixed Martial Arts. Marc Goddard has a huge ego, instead of Marc Goddard being a ref, he has to be THE REF, and whatever shitty decisions he makes GOES!!!

Boo hoo bitch

Back