Many Sears closing, Is BestBuy next?

Treeloy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here in Canada it seems like stores have all been shutting down. First Zellers and Kmart, then Target, then Futureshop, now Sears is shutting down many locations but will still keep some.

I think im one of the few people who actually loved sears. They were basically the store that sold stuff other stores couldnt, at huge discounts. I got a $300 designer winter jacket for $80 last winter, and some slippers and a mirror etc. They actually had great prices. I even found a pair of polo slim fit shorts for $20.

I always loved checking out Sears because you never knew what you would find. Anyway now its closing around here and im sad. They have really nice high quality furniture too.

How long before bestbuy goes bellyup? I used to buy so many things from Bestbuy, now I only buy TVs and maybe a computer if the price is good.

Everytime I look for a cable or headphones or anything else that BestBuy sells, its almost always cheaper on Amazon or some other online store. Many people are also building custom computers now and ordering the parts online which is cheaper.

I rarely ever go bestbuy anymore. Online is a better option with electronics because its cheaper and ships to your house.

The only thing I really need to buy in person is clothes and shoes because you have to make sure they fit good.

Will bestbuy be able to continue to compete with amazon and other online stores?

People buy online. Malls are closing all over as well. Things change. Blockbusters, photo mats, record stores, and now big retail stores.

Why would Best Buy go belly up?

Sears has been in trouble for decades.

Because Amazon kills them on prices for basically everything but TVs and Computers.

Other online stores beat or are competitive with bestbuy for computer prices or building custom computers.

The only edge they really have is TVs, and they have competition online as well but I still think they have the edge as of now. Costco also sells cheap 4k TVs from Visio and Haier which alot of people are starting to buy.

It wont be long until theres no reason to go there anymore

I even found a pair of polo slim fit shorts

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29546-1401719810-19.gif

Will bestbuy be able to continue to compete with amazon and other online stores?

Ehh ain't they already ? i prefer ordering online from them. If shit is fucked up i just go to the store get it replaced with in an hour. Fuck sending shit back and waiting days with amazon.

hell lots of tech i wont buy unless i can fuck with it in a store.

There have been rumors that Best Buy is going under for about 8 years. Their stock has actually been doing well lately though.

Here in Canada it seems like stores have all been shutting down. First Zellers and Kmart, then Target, then Futureshop, now Sears is shutting down many locations but will still keep some.

You forgot (or maybe you're not old enough) about Woolco, Bargain Harold's, Mark's and Spencer's, Kresge's, Simpson's and Boots (although Boots still exists in the UK and now owns Walgreen's).

Wait until Amazon canada ups their game.

Step up your fashion game bro. Nobody wears baggy clothes anymore

Careful with your assumptions "bro". It's either skin tight or baggy? Fuck outta here.

Ehh ain't they already ? i prefer ordering online from them. If shit is fucked up i just go to the store get it replaced with in an hour. Fuck sending shit back and waiting days with amazon.

hell lots of tech i wont buy unless i can fuck with it in a store.

I feel like within the last few years online shopping has really been growing. They are competing but I dont see how they will last when Amazon and other online retailers can outprice them on everything. If ive noticed this, its only a matter of time until the masses do. Bestbuy is not competitive imo.

I went to buy an hdmi cable awhile back, 19.99 at bestbuy for a 3ft cable. I went on amazon it was like 5.99 for a 6ft.

Ive been mostly shopping online for years. I feel the shift accelerating from physical stores to online.

I think staples might be next

BestBuy have already started to close stores I just had to drive to the next town over to to get a new PC.

Sears stock just went up big after announcing they're gonna start selling appliances through amazon.

It sounds like Canada it's an entirely different market because we still have Target in the U.S.

Best Buy is still pretty bumpin around here. One of the few stores I enjoy aimlessly wandering around in.

It sounds like Canada it's an entirely different market because we still have Target in the U.S.
Target tried expanding to Canada a few years ago. They opened 122 stores across Canada and It was a catastrophic fail. They pulled out of Canada after only 2 years.

Target tried expanding to Canada a few years ago. They opened 122 stores across Canada and It was a catastrophic fail. They pulled out of Canada after only 2 years.

They just seemed like a more expensive walmart to me. I didnt see the point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back