Magic The Gathering V2: Nut Draw

Zup itt. Looking to get into this game. Just dropped a $100 on a few decks, deck builder set, and a corebox set

Nerco'd... i pre ordered two regular booster boxes and two collector's booster boxes of Throne of Eldraine... also scooped a 2019 commander deck today. Over the last year i've spent thousands both as investments in booster cases and duel lands in unlimited and revised...

Nerco'd... i pre ordered two regular booster boxes and two collector's booster boxes of Throne of Eldraine... also scooped a 2019 commander deck today. Over the last year i've spent thousands both as investments in booster cases and duel lands in unlimited and revised...

Nice. I got a fuck Ton of lands in my core box set and deck builder. I have no clue what I’m doing but I got a fuck ton cards. Think I might build a dark deck. Got this one card that whenever it does damage it kills the cars it’s attacking sounds OP as fuck. Idk what I’m doing lol

Nice. I got a fuck Ton of lands in my core box set and deck builder. I have no clue what I’m doing but I got a fuck ton cards. Think I might build a dark deck. Got this one card that whenever it does damage it kills the cars it’s attacking sounds OP as fuck. Idk what I’m doing lol
go to your local game store if there is one and play some games with people willing to teach you how to play. the deck builder tool kits are nice, they come with almost pre constructed decks, you just add basic lands. Your local game store, if sponsored by Wizards of the Coast will have free "intro" decks. They are basic, simple decks you just add land to and are great to get into the game, that's what they're for and they're free!

go to your local game store if there is one and play some games with people willing to teach you how to play. the deck builder tool kits are nice, they come with almost pre constructed decks, you just add basic lands. Your local game store, if sponsored by Wizards of the Coast will have free "intro" decks. They are basic, simple decks you just add land to and are great to get into the game, that's what they're for and they're free!

yeah I actually live close by to the biggest magic store in the world. It’s about a 45 min drive. Def gonna go tomorrow.

I went to school with a guy who is apparently a legend in MTG circles.

I got out of the game around when Ice Age came out.

On a work trip one of my co-workers brought the Magic: Game Night set to play he obviously plays and we had two who never have....

The fear in these youngsters eyes as this "old man" started wrecking shit was classic....

You mean swamp? Start with 60 card deck and have a good curve. Meaning have a lot of low cast cards you can play early so you don't get blown out early and have some "bombs" that cost over converted cost 5 to help you close out games.

A good ratio to building decks is 40% creatures 35% mana and 25% spells (sorceries, instants and artifacts). So like 25 creatures, 20 mana and 15 spells. Obviously the cards you have and the flow 9f the deck will dictate a few changes here and there but its a good early template to start from.

You mean swamp? Start with 60 card deck and have a good curve. Meaning have a lot of low cast cards you can play early so you don't get blown out early and have some "bombs" that cost over converted cost 5 to help you close out games.

A good ratio to building decks is 40% creatures 35% mana and 25% spells (sorceries, instants and artifacts). So like 25 creatures, 20 mana and 15 spells. Obviously the cards you have and the flow 9f the deck will dictate a few changes here and there but its a good early template to start from.

yeah swamp. I was reading about that set and it seems like I’d enjoy that play style. I like how it focuses on spells that destroy creatures, bring creatures back from the dead, and focuses on taking life points away. Seems really cool. I just sorted out all of my cards by color and it seems I have enough to make a deck out of each color. Gonna be spending all day tomorrow deck building.

Just built my first swamp deck. It focuses on stealing life to either power up my creatures or give me life while also trying to bring those cards back from the grave. A lot of effects too such as -2 to strength and def. I feel like I need more cards to change out. The idea is there but idk if it’s gonna work like I’d like it to.

I could mix it with another color but i don’t feel comfortable enough to do so.

Back