Magic The Gathering V2: Nut Draw

Ive wanted to get into this game for years now. However the video game is a bit boring and tough for me to stick with and I dont know anyone IRL who plays.

do you have a local game store nearby?

Hi

A few years ago i played alot of vintage, i never had my own deck but i borrowed from a friend who had a big collection(3 x p9 and a ton of other good stuff)

My friend now moved away and since i have no cards on my own i cant play..i started playing a bit of pauper online but i wanted to do some other formats but they all cost a ton of money.

Great card game, but since im low on cash i cant play any formats except pauper online...i wish this game wasnt so expensive!

I do but there seems to be like tournaments going on. Doesnt seem very beginner friendly.

At least in mine, there are always folks playing casual that are always pretty helpful to new people interested in the game. I would pop in and ask the owner/man behind the counter when his casual crowd peaks and show up then.

Hi

A few years ago i played alot of vintage, i never had my own deck but i borrowed from a friend who had a big collection(3 x p9 and a ton of other good stuff)

My friend now moved away and since i have no cards on my own i cant play..i started playing a bit of pauper online but i wanted to do some other formats but they all cost a ton of money.

Great card game, but since im low on cash i cant play any formats except pauper online...i wish this game wasnt so expensive!

Look into budget EDH (commander). Preconstructed decks sell for $25 bucks and you can make some very fun and very competent decks for <$100 bucks. EDH is a non rotating format, so once you buy a card, you can use it forever (unless it is banned.)

Hi

Limited is great if you don't feel like shelling out a bunch of cash for standard / modern / legacy.

currently playing mono-green devotion

main:

4 elvish mystic
4 voyaging satyr
4 burning tree emissary
3 courser of kruphix
4 polukranos, world eater
2 genesis hydra
1 scavenging ooze
1 reclamation sage
1 hornet nest
1 nylea's disciple
1 arbor colossus
1 hornet queen
1 nylea, god of the hunt

4 chord of calling

2 garruk, caller of beasts
2 nissa, worldwaker

19 forest
4 nykthos, shrine to nyx
1 darksteel citadel

side:

1 soul of new phyrexia
1 phyrexian revoker
4 mistcutter hydra
1 arbor colossus
1 sylvan primordial
1 reclamation sage
3 nylea's disciple
2 unravel the aether
1 hunter's ambush

still playing around with the sideboard, have given plummet, skyreaping and back to nature a try as well. i have also given thought to fitting in a revelent hunter into the main as a cheap threat that i can chord out.

overall the deck is super fun even though i haven't had a ton of success yet. pretty simple, ramp to bigger threats than the bad guy. the shop i have been playing at is super competitive and every deck is a threat. every once in a while a strong player will try something new, last week we had a couple blue/red artifact decks playing chief engineer, ensoul artifact, shrapnel blast and hoarding dragon with indestructible artifacts.

Last edited:
currently playing mono-green devotion

main:

4 elvish mystic
4 voyaging satyr
4 burning tree emissary
3 courser of kruphix
4 polukranos, world eater
2 genesis hydra
1 scavenging ooze
1 reclamation sage
1 hornet nest
1 nylea's disciple
1 arbor colossus
1 hornet queen
1 nylea, god of the hunt

4 chord of calling

2 garruk, caller of beasts
2 nissa, worldwaker

19 forest
4 nykthos, shrine to nyx
1 darksteel citadel

side:

1 soul of new phyrexia
1 phyrexian revoker
4 mistcutter hydra
1 arbor colossus
1 sylvan primordial
1 reclamation sage
3 nylea's disciple
2 unravel the aether
1 hunter's ambush

still playing around with the sideboard, have given plummet, skyreaping and back to nature a try as well. i have also given thought to fitting in a revelent hunter into the main as a cheap threat that i can chord out.

overall the deck is super fun even though i haven't had a ton of success yet. pretty simple, ramp to bigger threats than the bad guy. the shop i have been playing at is super competitive and every deck is a threat. every once in a while a strong player will try something new, last week we had a couple blue/red artifact decks playing chief engineer, ensoul artifact, shrapnel blast and hoarding dragon with indestructible artifacts.

what do you think of the khan spoilers?

mmm. fetchlands. khans is gonna break the bank.

mmm. fetchlands. khans is gonna break the bank.

I am pretty much an EDH only player now. I love that i can now justify jamming fetches in my decks.

I also am going to have fun building Narset

The reprinting of Onslaught fetches will really help the lower pop formats grow.

ONS fetches will be playable in Modern which is cool. The barrier for Legacy is a tiny bit lower. EDH players, like you mentioned, will also be able to afford some pieces of the pie they may have been missing out on.

Waiting to see how the reprint affects the value of ONS fetches. I've read some bitching and moaning but these cards aren't on the reserved list so no reason to get mad :D

what do you think of the khan spoilers?

love the return of onslaught fetchlands. not too into the 3-color wedges or some of the mechanics. the temur mechanic, for instance, seems like more of an afterthought. we shall see though, i didn't care for dragon's maze at first and then i started playing a radkdos aggro deck that was a lot of fun. hilarious landing a spike jester and then clearing the path with black and red removal.

right now really liking mono-green but i will probably end up splashing red; courser with the fetch lands and chandra is a ton of synergy. nissa and xenagos are a beating.

i am really looking into modern and legacy infect at this point.

Last edited:
Started playing this recently with friends. It's a fun game but definitely not cheap, I've already bought a pile of cards and spent more than I probably should have.

I've made a few decks already: mono black aggro/combo (I guess?), mono blue control/mill, red/black minotaur aggro, and a rainbow sliver aggro (mostly green, red and white). I also bought a couple pre-made decks, a red/blue, a black/green and a red/black one which is very similar to my minotaur deck and will probably be scavenged to improve the minotaur deck and help build a mono red deck. I've been thinking about building a black/white deck using most of the Orzhov cards I've acquired, but I want to get some more cards before I bother with it. In the meantime I'll probably build a mono green or green/blue ramp deck and a mono red deck, IIRC I have a few planeswalkers and mythics in those colours now.

i play for fun with some cousins

were gonna build some decks with a shoebox of cards we have but i always wondered

whats a good number of mana cards to have in a deck where youre running one color with the minimum number of cards allowed in a deck

i play for fun with some cousins

were gonna build some decks with a shoebox of cards we have but i always wondered

whats a good number of mana cards to have in a deck where youre running one color with the minimum number of cards allowed in a deck

depends on the deck and what lands are in rotation/available to you.

control is usually 24-28

aggro can be as low as 18-22

When i played mono black control i ran 24 lands, 16 swamps and 8 fetch lands.

thank god for the eldrazi set. i got bored of the same old goblins/zombies/elves/humans thing.

now if only they could bring elesh norn back as a planeswalker.

Back