Magic The Gathering V2: Nut Draw

Tension

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
continue...

I am currently debating trade my sphinx's revelation. thoughts? I need to fill out my Gruul deck, but I am having doubts giving up the card.

depends on the deck and what lands are in rotation/available to you.

control is usually 24-28

aggro can be as low as 18-22

When i played mono black control i ran 24 lands, 16 swamps and 8 fetch lands.

we were playing with some pretty basic cards. looking into buying a handful cards online, is amazon a good place to start with non-basic lands

continue...

I am currently debating trade my sphinx's revelation. thoughts? I need to fill out my Gruul deck, but I am having doubts giving up the card.

That's one of the few mythics from a new set that I have yet of owning.

<----Jelus

I would hold onto it. I see it in a few standard decks guys are running around here.

I'll trade you for it...what gruul cards do you need?

I'll trade you for it...what gruul cards do you need?

reckoners and stomping grounds. i need to decide what deck to start building next so I can hang on to valuable cards

I have both Reckoners and Stomping grounds, but will need the reckoners.

Whoa, this brings back some memories. I played this when I was in high school. I haven't even thought about Magic in 15 years.

It's FNM tonight. My local store is doing a draft.

How about you guys?

continue...

Revelation is currently selling for around thirty bucks.

I don't actually think it's seeing much play in other formats, which means in a year it's value may drop significantly when it leaves Standard.

Or, I could be completely wrong.

Right now, though, you can get stellar things for it.

Personally, I'd turn it into a pair of Deathrite Shamans, because those will probably hold value forever, but if you aren't playing them that might not seem exciting.

How about you guys?

Not me but after tomorrow's UFC on FOX fights me and a few buds are going 4 player drunk stoned EDH madness!!!

Last time we got together and did this it was wayyyyy back during the BJ Penn/Nick Diaz event so it's been awhile.

Revelation is currently selling for around thirty bucks.

I don't actually think it's seeing much play in other formats, which means in a year it's value may drop significantly when it leaves Standard.

Or, I could be completely wrong.

Right now, though, you can get stellar things for it.

Personally, I'd turn it into a pair of Deathrite Shamans, because those will probably hold value forever, but if you aren't playing them that might not seem exciting.

Maybe ill shop it around on Tuesday, see what pops up.

I'm not going to make FNM tonight, but I am excited for the prerelese next weekend.

How about you guys?

Nothing tonight, I may do my first FNM next week. I want to flesh out my deck first.

Maybe ill shop it around on Tuesday, see what pops up.

Be careful.

Cards from the new set are going to be expensive for the first month and then drop... So don't trade for a new, hot card that will quickly lose value.

nutdraw.jpg

Be careful.

Cards from the new set are going to be expensive for the first month and then drop... So don't trade for a new, hot card that will quickly lose value.

Yah, I think my best options are lands and cards that see play in non-standard formats

i am going to try to get to fnm tonight. have family in town again and am putting hardwood flooring in tomorrow. may be too much going on to escape tonight.

as far as the new cards and prices; i plan on buying a box and hopefully unloading everything that isn't red/green or shockland immediately. i am opening the box simply for the enjoyment and to see the cards. will probably trade everything off that doesn't fit my deck and then get singles that i want.

i am going to try to get to fnm tonight. have family in town again and am putting hardwood flooring in tomorrow. may be too much going on to escape tonight.

as far as the new cards and prices; i plan on buying a box and hopefully unloading everything that isn't red/green or shockland immediately. i am opening the box simply for the enjoyment and to see the cards. will probably trade everything off that doesn't fit my deck and then get singles that i want.

You are talking about dragons maze, right? Also, if you FNM, give us a rundown of what happened. I am interested to see how your deck plays.

Casual is my prefered brand of play. I'll go to the pre releases but thats as far as it goes. I've also been collecting for a long time. My friends an I have a steady group of 10 players who meet up twice a month. We often get up to twenty players depending if people bring a guest.

The official formats don't work for me because I love to have a few beers and BBQ while we play.

I've found that the best way to get new players in the game is to just let them use proxies. It can be a bit jaring for a new player to feel helpless watching their life fall to zero. With proxies they are able to make their decks more competitive. Like most players paying the ridiculous prices "for a peice of cardboard" just blows. I'm just glad I've been playing since Reveised because many of the now hard to get cards are for the most part available to me.

Back