Mad Dog Mattis possibly out after midterms

A Marine is not a soldier. A Marine is a Marine. As the Secretary of Defense, that would put him in the top of the 'food chain' in controlling the U.S. armed forces.
@Rod1 would never understand. He comes ffrom a very weak (militarily) country where honor, commitment and sacrifice are not taught.

According to Bob Woodward they've been on that line at least once that he's written about.

Pres. Trump wanted to tweet that he was pulling ALL military families out of SK and they had to break it down piece-by-piece on why that was a BAD idea.

"Why would that be a bad idea?"

"Mr. President, if you tweet that, NK would take that as an American attack on them would be imminent and they would more than likely attack the South."

"So, we'd just attack back and win."

"Yes, we would sir, but that would bring in China also and more than likely kick off WWIII at the cost of millions of lives."

<Huh2>
But but buuuut NK is a nonfactor created out of propaganda!!!

Indeed, but the Secretary of Defense is always a civilian to ensure armed forces remain loyal to the republic and not to a general.

I understand that. That is not my point. Mattis is a retired U.S. Marine. Soldiers belong to the U.S. Army. You said Mattis was a soldier.

Yes Jarhead. Once a Marine always a Marine we know.

I'm not a 'jarhead', God forbid. I was a soldier like you. U.S. Army.
Infantry is 'semantics'. Marines and soldiers are like apples and oranges.
Plus, Marines fall under the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Navy budget, that's why they are always short of equipment.

Last edited:
A lot of Trump haters in this thread. I would like to know how much better would Hillary Clinton be doing at this stage of the game.

A lot of Trump haters in this thread. I would like to know how much better would Hillary Clinton be doing at this stage of the game.
I love "ignore this because xyz would've been worse" substitute for reasoning

He should just name Netanyahu to replace Mattis, and be honest for once.

I'm not a 'jarhead', God forbid. I was a soldier like you. U.S. Army.
Infantry is 'semantics'. Marines and soldiers are like apples and oranges.
Plus, Marines fall under the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Navy budget, that's why they are always short of equipment.
Marines and soldiers are more like red apples vs green apples but whatever, its a small point which is why i dismissed it as semantics. The only people this has ever mattered to in my experience is Marines which is why i assumed you were a Marine. If it bother you that much i apologize for not getting the specification right between Marines and soldiers.

Just now, asshole
We still have soldiers in Afghanistan.

Marines and soldiers are more like red apples vs green apples but whatever, its a small point which is why i dismissed it as semantics. The only people this has ever mattered to in my experience is Marines which is why i assumed you were a Marine. If it bother you that much i apologize for not getting the specification right between Marines and soldiers.

We still have soldiers in Afghanistan.
Stationed doesn't equal war.

Is it currently classified as a war?

Stationed doesn't equal war.

Is it currently classified as a war?
I understand. As long as the politicians declassify it as a war you dont care. I get it.

For me though its more personal, as long as we have ANY armed forces in a foreign land fighting and dying for us i see it as war. If we are not at war then bring them home.
Currently we have over 10,000 troops occupying Afghanistan but NOT at war according to you.

I understand. As long as the politicians declassify it as a war you dont care. I get it.
No, you don't get it, because I didn't say that. Is it classified as a war, or not? Words have definitions. Being stationed but not engaging isn't war unless service members stationed at Gitmo are at war.

No, you don't get it, because I didn't say that. Is it classified as a war, or not? Words have definitions. Being stationed but not engaging isn't war unless service members stationed at Gitmo are at war.
Not engaging? Might want to check your facts on that.
As for if we are technically at war since all you care about is semantics then yes you are right, i believe the Afghan war was announced as over in....2002 i think? I guess all those soldiers dying since then were just stationed there and dont count though right?

Not engaging? Might want to check your facts on that.
As for if we are technically at war since all you care about is semantics then yes you are right, i believe the Afghan war was announced as over in....2002 i think? I guess all those soldiers dying since then were just stationed there and dont count though right?
I care that words have definitions.
Call that semantics if you like, I call it verbal accuracy.

Back