Mad Dog Mattis possibly out after midterms

You can take the man out of the Marine Corp...

Also, soldier or civilian, everyone has a clear duty to refuse to follow manifestly illegal and/or immoral orders.

As if any American politician would ever pay for crimes committed abroad.

Didnt Obama droned an American citizen in Yemen?

Mattis was in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Was.

The Secretary of Defense is just another layer in the civilian control of the US armed forces.

Mattis isn't a soldier anymore.
The Secretary of Defense is just another layer in the civilian control of the US armed forces.

A Marine is not a soldier. A Marine is a Marine. As the Secretary of Defense, that would put him in the top of the 'food chain' in controlling the U.S. armed forces.

He hasn't gotten America involved in another war, so he ought to stay.

How many Secretaries of Defense can say that? Not too many.
He's been there about 5 minutes

they man be our only line of defense in the case that Trump goes off his rocker one day.......

According to Bob Woodward they've been on that line at least once that he's written about.

Pres. Trump wanted to tweet that he was pulling ALL military families out of SK and they had to break it down piece-by-piece on why that was a BAD idea.

"Why would that be a bad idea?"

"Mr. President, if you tweet that, NK would take that as an American attack on them would be imminent and they would more than likely attack the South."

"So, we'd just attack back and win."

"Yes, we would sir, but that would bring in China also and more than likely kick off WWIII at the cost of millions of lives."

<Huh2>

Mattis' reputation is very important to the military, so this would be a really tough decision. At some point, staying on the sinking ship of crooks is a morale-killer, yet his presence is a morale-booster. Just another way in which shitty people (Trump) will always put respected people (Mattis) in a shitty position, no matter what they do.

Thats not good. I hope its because hes old and just ready to retire. If Trump is pushing him out to me that means he wont do what Trump wants him to do. The next guy probably will and i think Trump will try to instigate a war.

For the posters wondering how Mattis can ignore an order by Trump, its simple, no soldier has to obey an unlawful order. Assassinations would fall under that category.

I think in politics most politicians would have a trusted advisor to handle those things but i bet Trump cant find anyone willing to go up against Mattis so now Mattis has to go.

Wait there is no way assassinations are "illegal" for a goerbment to do.

Obama had a program with drone strikes. Wth you call that among other things. All powerful countries have this.
A Marine is not a soldier. A Marine is a Marine. As the Secretary of Defense, that would put him in the top of the 'food chain' in controlling the U.S. armed forces.

What you arguing about. He is right. Guy is civilian now. Maybe in his heart still marine and always one but civilian legally.
A chickenhawk most likely.

Had to google that word. I think it like this everywhere in world now except islamic countries and maybe Israel. All powerful or middle power countries have rule by intelligence officials or layers of oligarchy, intelligence and military. Latin America had the military and busiiness ties. Europe, the entire former soviet sphere is run by intelligence agencies and oligarchys attached to the lesders and their own deep states often tying to Fsb or mafia.

Gone are the days were the men in charge and leading actions of aggrrssion actually fought in combat on field battle. But was that ever the case?

People often assume that those who see war in person and fight in it are less likely to want it. But this depends on their ideology and what they fighting for. For islamists well its different motive. I think we are built for killing in terms of tribal contexts. Etc but it needs legit purpose. Excusing actual psychos.

Anothdr point. I always think of the guys in every countries special forces. Those guys enjoy combat and have surely killed and enjoy it. Yet they never occupy thr power structure but if they did i dont think those types would be less war hungry.

I talking about the types who become mercenaries after their service to.

Indeed, but the Secretary of Defense is always a civilian to ensure armed forces remain loyal to the republic and not to a general.

According to Bob Woodward they've been on that line at least once that he's written about.

Pres. Trump wanted to tweet that he was pulling ALL military families out of SK and they had to break it down piece-by-piece on why that was a BAD idea.

"Why would that be a bad idea?"

"Mr. President, if you tweet that, NK would take that as an American attack on them would be imminent and they would more than likely attack the South."

"So, we'd just attack back and win."

"Yes, we would sir, but that would bring in China also and more than likely kick off WWIII at the cost of millions of lives."

<Huh2>

I've been saying this all along. It is really and truly without any exaggeration very dangerous to have Trump in the white house. The danger is real apart from the bumbling and corruption and general degradation of morality and decency.

Mattis' reputation is very important to the military, so this would be a really tough decision. At some point, staying on the sinking ship of crooks is a morale-killer, yet his presence is a morale-booster. Just another way in which shitty people (Trump) will always put respected people (Mattis) in a shitty position, no matter what they do.

One of my guys from a previous unit was a Marine before he went Coast Guard

He had an interaction with the Mad Dog during his Jarhead time and insisted he would follow the General to hell and back. The story he told me blew my mind...huge if true...but based off what I've seen and heard,, I believe him yo

Oh, so now Trump has a moral compass?
goalposts.jpg

My point was anyone with a moral compass can see Trump for the fake he is.

I can't think of a single Grunt, Jarhead, Flyboy, or Squid that wasn't stoked when Mad Dog made SecDef...even us Puddle Pirates were happy.

Mattis isnt a soldier anymore, the Secretary of Defense is a civilian.
Touche but more a matter of semantics. Hes still a controlling figure of our armed forces.

Mattis was in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Yes Jarhead. Once a Marine always a Marine we know.

Was.

Yes. You are right.
Semantics Jarhead, semantics.

Wait there is no way assassinations are "illegal" for a goerbment to do.

Obama had a program with drone strikes.
Wrong. A military strike is not an assassination. From a civilian perspective im sure the difference is superficial but taking out a military target is vastly different than taking out a sitting political leader.

Touche but more a matter of semantics. Hes still a controlling figure of our armed forces.

Yes Jarhead. Once a Marine always a Marine we know.

Yes. You are right.

Semantics Jarhead, semantics.

Wrong. A military strike is not an assassination. From a civilian perspective im sure the difference is superficial but taking out a military target is vastly different than taking out a sitting political leader.

The cia has an assassination list. I read you guys admit it. President can do it

But yes taking out a soverign country leader is different an act of war. Way different then you assassinating say Osama bin laden.

The cia has an assassination list. I read you guys admit it. President can do it

But yes taking out a soverign country leader is different an act of war. Way different then you assassinating say Osama bin laden.

I think i agree with you but thats hard to read. I understand English is not everyones first language but edit brother edit.

I would say that Mattis is one of the only people everyone can agree was a good appointment by Trump. I would rate Trump's overall ability to fill positions as an F. Trump kept saying he would get the best people, yet this has been the worse administration ever.

Edit: At least in my life time.
Nobody cares what you rate Trumps appointments. You are afflicted by Trump derangement syndrome, you are irrational yet predictable with your responses.

Trump knows whats best for the country and if Mattis has to go then it's time for him to retire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back