Mad Dog Mattis possibly out after midterms

Thats not enough IMO to cause our soldiers to either a) turn on the civilian population,
keep telling yourself that. Most of the servicemen i knew have enough disdain for civilians in general to have ZERO problems hosing American civilians if ordered to. Hell, our own police tend to whoop and shoot average americans with zero remorse and they LIVE in the neighborhoods of the people they deal. If a major civilian uprising took place, most troops will not have qualms about dealing with it harshly. American History is full of examples supporting that as well.

Theres a reason for that, our military swears allegiance to the constitution not the President. So even though the President is in charge the military is not loyal to him, its loyal to the country and its citizens.

True, but the President of the United States is still technically in the Chain-of-Command as Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. military. So, that's where things get a little 'sticky'.

"According to Article II, Section 2, Clause I of the Constitution, the President of the United States is 'Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.'”

So, seemingly, Jeff Sessions is out after the midterms. Now Mattis will be joining him, and Kelly is always on thin ice. Trump's gonna run out of staff to fire by the end of the year.

We don’t stop being citizens when we become soldiers.

True, but we do loose certain rights. Free speech being one of them. Not being allowed to criticize the President or U.S. foreign policy. Remember Gen. Stanley McChrystal and the Rolling Stone article?

I would get worried if Mattis leaves. Seems to be one of the few rational players in DC in general.

It doesn't really matter as long as Trump is able to keep the economy growing. That is all he needs to do. Trump was a democrat remember, so even though he is stupidly impulsive, he does not have an ideological urge to start wars. I should clarify that he was a newer school democrat. FDR, Truman, Kennedy, and LBJ Democrats were the ones beating the war drums. I think Trump was a Bill Clinton style democrat.

I would get worried if Mattis leaves. Seems to be one of the few rational players in DC in general.

They are all replaceable. Question is finding a rational one. I don't think Mattis is all that unique. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines all have great retired Generals/Admirals that could do the job just as well. None have gotten to that rank without a lot of 'trials' and experience. Dealing with someone of Trump's temperament is nothing new to them.

They are all replaceable. Question is finding a rational one. I don't think Mattis is all that unique. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines all have great retired Generals/Admirals that could do the job just as well. None have gotten to that rank without a lot of 'trials' and experience. Dealing with someone of Trump's temperament is nothing new to them.
I think reporting to someone of Trump's temperament is very new, actually. Guys on that level are not used to reporting to people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about either.

Mattis just seemed way less interested in political bullshit than many other retired generals and admirals I can remember recently.

Look at the nonsense that Petraus, McChrystal, and Flynn ran into and were a part of for example.

I often wonder how men of honor could work for such a cunt.

Service to the Country I guess....

That, and prevent Trump from "accidentally" pushing the infamous red-button.....

I would say that Mattis is one of the only people everyone can agree was a good appointment by Trump. I would rate Trump's overall ability to fill positions as an F. Trump kept saying he would get the best people, yet this has been the worse administration ever.

Edit: At least in my life time.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh(real soon) say "What's up, dawg?"

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh(real soon) say "What's up, dawg?"

Those still have to play out before anyone can say if they are good or bad. As long as they are not legislating from the bench, I personally wont have a problem with them. Congress playing these political games with the SC nominations is ridiculous. The Republicans shouldnt have pulled their shit with Obama's pick, the Democrats and Republicans shouldnt be doing it now.

Those still have to play out before anyone can say if they are good or bad. As long as they are not legislating from the bench, I personally wont have a problem with them. Congress playing these political games with the SC nominations is ridiculous. The Republicans shouldnt have pulled their shit with Obama's pick, the Democrats and Republicans shouldnt be doing it now.

It's always been about Partisan-ship.

I've always believed that if there was no such thing as the Republican Party or Democrat Party....and that everyone was just one big whole mixing bowl of Senators, I think things would be a lot more SANE 'cause there would be little to no mud-slinging going on.

Thomas, Ginsberg, and Sotomayer are political judges, plain and simple. The right is due for another.

Sounds like a job for Kissinger.
46e87c83f408e4287b6327334d13bf7a.jpg

It's always been about Partisan-ship.

I've always believed that if there was no such thing as the Republican Party or Democrat Party....and that everyone was just one big whole mixing bowl of Senators, I think things would be a lot more SANE 'cause there would be little to no mud-slinging going on.

The two party system is a blight on the country. We are forced to pick one of the two sides. I think most people can agree that when extreme political views are leading the way for both sides, we all get kinda fucked. That has always been my opinion. Extremists are dangerous, because they are the ones that bring major changes.

Thomas, Ginsberg, and Sotomayer are political judges, plain and simple. The right is due for another.

I think it would be a major plus to have more members of the SCOTUS. More minds looking at issues, less likely to be controlled be politics.

I think it would be a major plus to have more members of the SCOTUS. More minds looking at issues, less likely to be controlled be politics.

More minds yes, but it's still a simple vote. More judges would actually increase the likelihood of a stacked bench, would it not?

More minds yes, but it's still a simple vote. More judges would actually increase the likelihood of a stacked bench, would it not?

Maybe if one party elected a super majority of over the top judges with extreme views. I think it would be less likely. The judges need to remember their job is strictly to interpret the laws and the Constitution.

A chickenhawk most likely.

Trump probably wants someone who supports getting us out of Syria and Afghanistan. It's known that he frustrated with the strategy choices he's being given for Afghanistan. Trump wants out because he knows we can never achieve the ridiculous and unrealistic expectations we went into the war with. The people will not support more aggressive action that results in higher casualties anymore, and it doesn't matter since there's nothing to replace the Taliban long term. We've also learned the Taliban are better than most of our Afghan "allies" ,since they had at least banned the cultural practice of raping young boys. Trump is right when it comes to getting us out.

Back