Mad Dog Mattis possibly out after midterms

Does this include a prior state of war? We call finished wars wars.

"the period of time during which a state of war is in effect."

Webster doesn't close the case afaict
Ok, show me when the war ended officially?

Can't. I'm lost in the rabbit hole of technical definitions. I believe myself to be wrong but hell, this is annoying

Good. Quite frankly i dont give a damn what the technical definition is and i give even less of a shit if there is an official announcement proclaiming the end to the "war".
As long as there are U.S. Armed Forces dying and fighting on my behalf we are at war. If the war is over bring the troops home. They dont need to die for nothing.

@Rod1 would never understand. He comes ffrom a very weak (militarily) country where honor, commitment and sacrifice are not taught.

You are the one that doesnt understands, you come from a country where you take the loyalty of the military towards the civilian element of government for granted.

I understand that. That is not my point. Mattis is a retired U.S. Marine. Soldiers belong to the U.S. Army. You said Mattis was a soldier.

Oh, thats probably lost somewhere in translation, when i said soldier, i meant someone who is part of the armed forces.

Nobody cares what you rate Trumps appointments. You are afflicted by Trump derangement syndrome, you are irrational yet predictable with your responses.

Trump knows whats best for the country and if Mattis has to go then it's time for him to retire.

So is that different than just simply being always deranged, such as the Trumpers? So at least there is still hope that I can be a functional part of society? Nice going on the deflection about Trump failing to appoint qualified people, to key positions.

You obviously cared enough about my opinion to reply, good job there buddy, sorry that I triggered you in such away.

I often wonder how men of honor could work for such a cunt.

Service to the Country I guess....

i think several people did it to try to control the situation that is the presidency now. elon musk said thats why he worked with the admin early on.

You are the one that doesnt understands, you come from a country where you take the loyalty of the military towards the civilian element of government for granted.
Theres a reason for that, our military swears allegiance to the constitution not the President. So even though the President is in charge the military is not loyal to him, its loyal to the country and its citizens. Might have something to do with it being an all voluntary military also.

Mattis is a "globalist free trader"

Trump only appointed him because of his nickname.

Theres a reason for that, our military swears allegiance to the constitution not the President. So even though the President is in charge the military is not loyal to him, its loyal to the country and its citizens. Might have something to do with it being an all voluntary military also.

Soldiers are trained to follow orders, not understand the law. Thats why its important for the chain of command to have civilians at the top.

Otherwise coups are much easier to carry out.

Soldiers are trained to follow orders, not understand the law.
You dont have to be a lawyer to know basic law. Soldiers are trained on lawful orders, codes of conduct, rules of engagements, etc. They certainly know that overthrowing our government would be out of scope for their oaths.

Thats why its important for the chain of command to have civilians at the top.

Otherwise coups are much easier to carry out.

I cant argue with this. It is important for civilians and Military to work hand in hand.

I don't think this will happen personally, it's now what I've been hearing

Nobody cares what you rate Trumps appointments. You are afflicted by Trump derangement syndrome, you are irrational yet predictable with your responses.

Trump knows whats best for the country and if Mattis has to go then it's time for him to retire.

Is this a serious post or just trolling? Especially the part about Trump knows whats best for the country.....do you really believe that?

Is this a serious post or just trolling? Especially the part about Trump knows whats best for the country.....do you really believe that?

Don't take him seriously, he enjoys liberal tears. He is a completely harmless shit poster, out to cause chaos and have a laugh.

Which is why many of us regularly talk about what we are willing to do or not willing to do. Many of us have those kinds of conversations behind closed doors for obvious reasons, but only fools (of which there are many) think of us as robots who only follow orders. We don’t stop being citizens when we become soldiers.

Which is why many of us regularly talk about what we are willing to do or not willing to do. Many of us have those kinds of conversations behind closed doors for obvious reasons, but only fools (of which there are many) think of us as robots who only follow orders. We don’t stop being citizens when we become soldiers.
Right? I swear civilians think soldiers are legit spy-movie-style brainwashed. Like we dont know how to think for ourselves or something. (Me personally being past tense of course.)

Right? I swear civilians think soldiers are legit spy-movie-style brainwashed. Like we dont know how to think for ourselves or something. (Me personally being past tense of course.)
its not brainwashing but it IS reinforced group think mentality.

its not brainwashing but it IS reinforced group think mentality.
Thats not enough IMO to cause our soldiers to either a) turn on the civilian population, b)attempt to overthrow all or part of the government or c) support a military coupe that might result in a or b.

The only people this has ever mattered to in my experience is Marines which is why i assumed you were a Marine. If it bother you that much i apologize for not getting the specification right between Marines and soldiers.

How long were you in the U.S. Army? Soldiers hate to be called Marines by the media. The media does not have a clue as to the difference between the two. Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Anything moving and shooting on the ground could be either. It (media) does not give 'two shits'. Has no clue as to the difference in uniform. Did one interview for the media once and this guy had no idea of the difference between Marines and soldiers, officers and NCOs. I don't think he knew the difference between enemy and friendly forces. Yeah, some are that stupid.

Last edited:
Back